Character breakfast not showing up

develizweb

Dining for my sailing on Allure, 5/5 just opened up but character breakfast is not there...anyone have this experience? I also don't see Rita's Fiesta or Prohibition Party.

Called Royal and they said I would have to wait until I board to see if they are doing character breakfast! What! I am on hold right now to speak with supervisor. I know Emerald isn't the highest level but you would think you would get somewhat good customer service and this lady is being so rude. Sorry just had to vent!

Your really sitting on the phone for over 30 min just to find out if they have "character breakfast"?

There's no need to be unpleasant to the original poster. For someone with children, the character breakfast might be a very important event on the cruise!

OP -

I see you are loyal to RCCL, but loyalty status does not ( luckily) determine a level of customer service. I have been fortunate to receive the same level of good customer service, even before the representative knew my booking number and could see that I am a repeat customer.

If the reservation availability was not showing up on line, aren’t you happy that the rep was eventually able to help you and get it booked. Maybe it was not initially showing up on the reps. computer either. Try to remember that many reps have never been on a ship and they only have the info that is in front of them on a computer screen.

The breakfast is obviously important to you and I am glad you were able to reserve the space.

enjoy

M

We had it on all three of our Oasis/Allure cruises....BUT...for some reason that they do not have it on yours...(I don't see why they wouldn't)...the characters are all over the ship....constantly. Many, many photo opts...:o Your kids will have a blast on this ship..:o

OP -

I see you are loyal to RCCL, but loyalty status does not ( luckily) determine a level of customer service. I have been fortunate to receive the same level of good customer service, even before the representative knew my booking number and could see that I am a repeat customer.

If the reservation availability was not showing up on line, aren’t you happy that the rep was eventually able to help you and get it booked. Maybe it was not initially showing up on the reps. computer either. Try to remember that many reps have never been on a ship and they only have the info that is in front of them on a computer screen.

The breakfast is obviously important to you and I am glad you were able to reserve the space.

enjoy

M

FINALLY someone who can put how I feel about RCL's customer service in a way that I never could. THANK YOU

FINALLY someone who can put how I feel about RCL's customer service in a way that I never could. THANK YOU

I believe this cruiser has never worked with the public... we know you are frustrated but to take it out on the person on the phone or in front of you is deplorable.

I believe this cruiser has never worked with the public... we know you are frustrated but to take it out on the person on the phone or in front of you is deplorable.

I have got to say I am a bit surprised how hostel this post has gotten, first by the comment about being on hold for 30 min for charactor breakfast then by above post...I vented my frustration and I am sorry if I affended anyone in doing so. I do not think it is fare to assume I took my frustration out on the person on the phone and you don't even know how I was treated. I was simply shocked by how rude the customer service rep was to me and not by their lack of knowledge or thier mistake.

Anytime that any poster criticizes anything about RCCL...you can expect hostility here from some posters. They will search to see how many previous posts you have (too few makes you incredible or a "plant" from another cruise line.) They will question...as has happened to me...if you have ever been on a cruise...or an airline..or left the room that houses your computer.

In your case, apparently, the approach is to assume that the Rep was Little Mary Sunshine and YOU are the one who was rude. Skip over these posts. In between, you will find other people who either understand your frustration or can offer truly constructive advice.

That is why I continue to read here. And, by the way, I DO understand your frustration at a LONG wait and rude service. Customer Service is a job that not every one who can answer a phone is qualified for.

Have a great cruise!

Anytime that any poster criticizes anything about RCCL...you can expect hostility here from some posters. They will search to see how many previous posts you have (too few makes you incredible or a "plant" from another cruise line.) They will question...as has happened to me...if you have ever been on a cruise...or an airline..or left the room that houses your computer.

In your case, apparently, the approach is to assume that the Rep was Little Mary Sunshine and YOU are the one who was rude. Skip over these posts. In between, you will find other people who either understand your frustration or can offer truly constructive advice.

That is why I continue to read here. And, by the way, I DO understand your frustration at a LONG wait and rude service. Customer Service is a job that not every one who can answer a phone is qualified for.

Have a great cruise!

Thank you very much for your response :)

Develizweb,

I'm on the Allure with you on May 5th and booked my reservations for the character breakfast yesterday with no problems. Im booked for the May 6th and May 11th breakfast, because I was told the characters change. I truly understand how you feel...

• 2 months later...
Where did you all find the reservations? Was it under Entertainment or Dining?

The Character breakfast reservations are under the tab Speciality Restaurants & Dining Experiences in your My Cruises account. Just remember they are not on all ships I think only the Freedom and Oasis class ships. May I also defend

develizweb regarding the abuse received from fellow posters. If these posters cannot give constructive and civil, polite answers go and speak like that to a real person face to face and not post here anonymously. I find most customer service people very good and efficient but you will always get the odd one that could not give a damn. Also most posters on this board are very helpful and only the minority feel they have to come on here and chastise.

Your really sitting on the phone for over 30 min just to find out if they have "character breakfast"?

After reading the question I went to reply.

I scrolled down and realized it was 3 months old and I already replied.

Don't even remember it.

I was about to say the exact same thing...

Archived