Some questions from Cunard newbie- well almost

Germancruiser

Booked on the Queen Mary 2 for later this year and have a few questions:

1. What includes day pass for the Spa? No treatments, just to use the spa?

2. Is it possible to book any kind of beverage package???

3. Is it possible to book all the above beforehand or has it to be done on board?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings

Michael

3. Is it possible to book all the above beforehand or has it to be done on board?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings

Michael

1)Yes you can book just a day pass. Usually they're for 3 days. We did it. It was about $40(a few years back

2)Yes. You do that once on baoed..go to any bar & let them know. I'm not sure about alcoholic drinks(I think so)Soft drinks(definately..about $ 45 for a 10 day trip)

3) I think you have to do it on board, perhaps not the spa days.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings

Michael

1. Queen Mary 2's Canyon Ranch SPA CLUB PASSPORT

Includes use of Aqua Therapy Centre including whirlpool, aqua therapy pool with chaise longue, neck and back jet massage, cascading waterfall shower, reflexology basins, sensory showers, Finnish sauna, aromatic steam room, herbal sauna and ice fountain. Bathing suit required.

1 day $40

3 days $75

5 days $95

A SpaClub Passport is complimentary on the day of any Health & Wellness, Massage, Body or Skin Care treatment.

Spa Hours of Operation:

Fitness Centre Hours: 06:00 - 20:00

Treatment Centre Hours: 08:00 - 20:00

Aqua Therapy Centre Hours: 08:00 - 20:00

Embarkation day: 14:00 - 20:00

2) Is there a drinks package available?

There is a soft drinks package available. Details of this can be seen under "Is there a soft drinks package available?".

Various wine packages are available, for details, please click here.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/drinks_package

Should a bottle not be finished in one sitting please let your wine steward know that you would like it to be available to you on another occassion wherever you choose to dine.

Single bottles of wine or champagne can be pre ordered via our gift catalogue, Spirits can be ordered via room service.

Please call the Customer Contact Centre on 0843 374 000 to place your order. Pre ordered items will require payment at time of ordering and will not be charged to your on board account.

Wine Tasting is available from $25.00* per person.

Connoisseur Wine Tasting is available at $65.00* per person.

To take advantage of these packages, please contact reception once on board.

Welcome French Champagne in Stateroom is available for $35.00* per bottle (Inclusive in Queens Grill Grade Suites)

*Please note these prices are subject to change.

2. Is there a soft drinks package available?

The Cunard soft drinks package (Coca Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, Tonic Water & fruit juices (Orange, Apple, Grapefruit, Pineapple, Tomato & Cranberry.) is available at $6.50 per day (+ 15% gratuity charges)

A minimum of four days purchase is required, and the package must be purchased for the entire voyage. For example - For a 2 night voyage, the cost would be $26 (+15%) , a 4 night voyage would be $26 (+15%) , a 14 night voyage would be $91 (+15%)

Guests who purchase this package are entitled to receive unlimited soft drinks and juices in a glass in any of the restaurants and cocktail bars. The package does not extend to bottled water, in cabin beverage service or to any other non alcoholic beverages in bars.

This packages may only be purchased on board.

3. All answered in above. I think.

Cunard Help may be of interest to you

link is below

https://ask.cunard.com/

Thank you very much Pennbank, that helped a lot!

So all have to purchased on board.

A question to the soda´s - does one get a can or is just fountained drinks?

Thanks again ,

Michael

From the link provided:

"Guests who purchase this package are entitled to receive unlimited soft drinks and juices in a glass in any of the restaurants and cocktail bars. The package does not extend to bottled water, in cabin beverage service or to any other non alcoholic beverages in bars."

No cans... They will affix a colored sticker on to your cabin/keycard as proof of purchase.

Thank you Nomdeblum- i feared as much- so that will not work for me, I hate fountain drinks! It just as well.

I will bookd the 5 day pass then- that sounds nice!

Thanks for all the help!

Michael

Hi Michael,

They will also sell you a spa pass for the entire segment. I paid $200 for a 16 day spa pass. So, it's pretty reasonable.

Hi Peter,

thanks did not know that. I am sure I will take the pass for the whole 11 days. Oh how I wish I could spend over 30 days on board. I love those sea days. I cruised with X since about 12 years- before that i was RCCL- back in 1997. X just does not suit me anymore- esp. those S- Class ships! If you come from the QM 2 and go for a Solstice Class ship I fear you will dissapointed, because they are rather dark inside, don´t get me wrong, they are very elegant in decor and surroundings but well loud and a trifle dark!

Greetings from Germany

Michael

Hi Peter,

thanks did not know that. I am sure I will take the pass for the whole 11 days. Oh how I wish I could spend over 30 days on board. I love those sea days. I cruised with X since about 12 years- before that i was RCCL- back in 1997. X just does not suit me anymore- esp. those S- Class ships! If you come from the QM 2 and go for a Solstice Class ship I fear you will dissapointed, because they are rather dark inside, don´t get me wrong, they are very elegant in decor and surroundings but well loud and a trifle dark!

Greetings from Germany

Michael

They have shaving cream and razors in the change rooms. If you shave after a sauna and then shower you won't need to do it back in the room.

I like sea days too. But we must be the only two people on the planet that do; if I had a dollar for every time I heard someone on this last voyage complain about the number of sea days I would be rich. :rolleyes:

I'm the 3 rd then! :)

I love the sea days, there is so much to do, to explore and there is time....time to do the things I never manage to do at home - like curl up with a book somewhere, relax & watch the sea, walk, knowing I will never get too far away from "home" , learn something new...I could go on but my writing skills are not as good as yours Whitemarsh!

I'm off to the Canary Islands next month and although I have never Ben there before and will enjoy seeing new places, the 3 sea days at the beginning of the voyage and the 2 at the end will be the making of the trip. We so enjoyed our TA 2 years ago, I have put a B2B in my bucket list!

I'm the 3 rd then! :)

I love the sea days, there is so much to do, to explore and there is time....time to do the things I never manage to do at home - like curl up with a book somewhere, relax & watch the sea, walk, knowing I will never get too far away from "home" , learn something new...I could go on but my writing skills are not as good as yours Whitemarsh!

I'm off to the Canary Islands next month and although I have never Ben there before and will enjoy seeing new places, the 3 sea days at the beginning of the voyage and the 2 at the end will be the making of the trip. We so enjoyed our TA 2 years ago, I have put a B2B in my bucket list!

I am the 4th then. I just love sea days and for all the reasons that you say MysticalMother. I have done 6 Atlantic crossings now.

Regards Pat

They have shaving cream and razors in the change rooms. If you shave after a sauna and then shower you won't need to do it back in the room.

I like sea days too. But we must be the only two people on the planet that do; if I had a dollar for every time I heard someone on this last voyage complain about the number of sea days I would be rich. :rolleyes:

Hi Whitemarsh, I also like sea days, when I book that's what I look at first.

Been ready your blog, have really enjoyed it.

Catherine

Hi Whitemarsh, I also like sea days, when I book that's what I look at first.

Been ready your blog, have really enjoyed it.

Catherine

Excellent, so far that makes five people that like sea days. :)

On the flip side, I wonder if there are people out there that would prefer to take a cruise that didn't have any sea days?

And thank you, glad you enjoyed the blog.

Excellent, so far that makes five people that like sea days. :)

On the flip side, I wonder if there are people out there that would prefer to take a cruise that didn't have any sea days?

And thank you, glad you enjoyed the blog.

Whitemarsh:

Make that six, please!

Love sea days and the more the better.

Often now when we do the Caribbean, we stay on the ship and just enjoy the peace and quiet of a near empty ship.

Thank you for sharing your last journey with all of us. You are a very good story-teller and so appreciate your up-beat attitude.

best regards,

seasidegal.

Love sea days and the more the better.

Often now when we do the Caribbean, we stay on the ship and just enjoy the peace and quiet of a near empty ship.

When you have sailed with Cunard for a number of trips you come to realise that they inevitably sail to the same ports year on year. So,yes I love sea days and could miss out, and do many times, on the majority of ports visited.

The most relaxing days on the ship are when you stay aboard on a port day.

David.

Archived