All Things Adventure of the Seas

We are very excited about sailing on Adventure for the first time. Have been on Voyager and Explorer, but both a long time ago. We love sailing out of San Juan and have done Serenade many times, and will do Summit in April, but decided to book Adventure for April 2015 since we have not been on her yet and she will be through revitalization by then. Will be wonderful sailing out of San Juan on a bigger ship

We also like staying in OSJ and we always book Plaza de Armus b/c it is right on the Plaza. We have always had a nice first floor room and we like the little bar attached to the front of the hotel. Everything is also within easy walking distance from there. There is a drug store and a grocery right on the Plaza so easy to pick up things for the days we are in Old San Juan

I'm considering booking a cruise on the AOS over Thanksgiving week. The itinerary has the ship returning at 6:00 a.m. on Sunday. What would be the earliest departure time I should consider for a flight out of San Juan?

SJU an be busy on Sunday, and there's the added requirement for all bags to go through agricultural inspection. I would be uncomfortable with a flight before noon.

Hi, can anyone answer a question? I've booked an inside 4 berth cabin on AoS but can't figure out whether the extra 2 berths are bunks or a sofa bed? Does anyone know please?

Thanks

Janine

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi Janine

As far as I am aware all inside cabins that sleep 4 have bunks. The sofa is quite small and is usually only a sofa bed in larger balcony cabins. What is your cabin number?

Have a fantastic cruise, we are on her next year!

Can anyone tell me if all the cabins have coolers/fridges? We were on Splendour this year and our outside cabin did not have one.

Hi Janine

As far as I am aware all inside cabins that sleep 4 have bunks. The sofa is quite small and is usually only a sofa bed in larger balcony cabins. What is your cabin number?

Can anyone tell me if all the cabins have coolers/fridges? We were on Splendour this year and our outside cabin did not have one.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Not sure of cabin number off the top of my head, but it's deck 7 and coloured light pink on the deck plans. I'm fine with bunks.

Again, thanks,

Janine

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Not sure of cabin number off the top of my head, but it's deck 7 and coloured light pink on the deck plans. I'm fine with bunks.

Again, thanks,

Janine

Look for a small symbol in the stateroom on the deck plan. That symbol (probably looks like a plus sign) will denote the type of additional berths. Look at the bottom of the page for the symbol legend.

Hi Janine

All of Adventure's cabins have a frig. Just don't expect it to keep things real cold.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm considering booking a cruise on the AOS over Thanksgiving week. The itinerary has the ship returning at 6:00 a.m. on Sunday. What would be the earliest departure time I should consider for a flight out of San Juan?

Last year we did a B2B over thanksgiving, we had a flight to Miami to catch onward flights to the UK we had booked our flights through RCI, they had us off the ship early in the morning, we collected our luggage and took the shuttle to the airport, through Agriculture and on our flight just before mid-day.

• 2 weeks later...

At present we're still booked with B2Bs starting Jan 26. Do any of you AoS vets have an idea of when they will make online dining reservations available? I'm hoping Mystery Dinner Theatre will be available for at least one of our sailings.

Look for a small symbol in the stateroom on the deck plan. That symbol (probably looks like a plus sign) will denote the type of additional berths. Look at the bottom of the page for the symbol legend.

Hi,

Reading this with interest. My husband I are booked on AOS - have inside cabin #6641 for our transatlantic cruise. Shows symbol for 3rd & 4th pullman beds available.

Does this mean there will be beds on the wall that can be pulled down? Is the cabin smaller than normal?

I'm just wondering if I should be checking around to see if something else is available or is this cabin ok?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Nancy Jo (NJ) :)

Hi,

Reading this with interest. My husband I are booked on AOS - have inside cabin #6641 for our transatlantic cruise. Shows symbol for 3rd & 4th pullman beds available.

Does this mean there will be beds on the wall that can be pulled down? Is the cabin smaller than normal?

I'm just wondering if I should be checking around to see if something else is available or is this cabin ok?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Nancy Jo (NJ) :)

The beds are up in the ceiling. They do not affect the size of the cabin at all.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

does anyone know when Adventure gets the Royal Advantage revitalization?

She is in drydock from Mar 30 to Apr 09, 2014 - but it isn't enough for a major refit, I think...:confused:

I just read a post today where the Captain said Adventure was getting some of the refit in 2014 and the rest in 2016.