All Things Adventure of the Seas

We are first timers on RCL and have #1688 booked for Jan. 26. We love aft cabins, especially the 'smaller' ones. Hopefully we made the right choice.

If you check out http://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aftbalconies/aftbalconies.html and click on the diagram you can run through a the pictures. It looks like #9 and #11 (possibly others) are 1388 which is a mirror of 1688. Not the greatest with superstructure and size but still way bigger than most non-suite side-ship balconies.

~Bob

I know that this is the Adventure thread, but for those Southern Caribbean fans, you will still have an alternate RCI ship during the summer out of San Juan. Cruising Power already has the Jewel scheduled through most of 2014:

03 May 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

10 May 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

17 May 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

24 May 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

31 May 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

07 Jun 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

14 Jun 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

21 Jun 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

28 Jun 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

05 Jul 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

12 Jul 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

19 Jul 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

26 Jul 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

02 Aug 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

09 Aug 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

16 Aug 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

23 Aug 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

30 Aug 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

06 Sep 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

13 Sep 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

20 Sep 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

27 Sep 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

04 Oct 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

11 Oct 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

18 Oct 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A — CAS

25 Oct 2014 Southern Caribbean C 7 RCI Jewel Of The Seas SJU view 0 N/A

Edited by Aviator of the Seas

Its great to see more Delaware folks loving the Adventure!!! there were several of us two weeks ago doing a b2b and then on the second week a large group from Seaford on our plane home that loved the Adventure!!!

We are from Smyrna!!! Bonnie Voyager here on cc is from Newark...she has all the great cabin pictures!!!

I am actually from Seaford! :D I moved around a bit after getting married (1977) and now my Husband and I are located in Newark. And we are sailing on Adventure in just over 3 weeks and residing in cabin 1388! Yee Ha!

Not sure if this has been answered...Does anyone know the exact dates of Adventure's dry dock? I am booked on Feb 16, 2014 and I was hoping it was after the dry dock renovations..:confused:

Dry dock is scheduled for April 2014

Not sure if this has been answered...Does anyone know the exact dates of Adventure's dry dock? I am booked on Feb 16, 2014 and I was hoping it was after the dry dock renovations..:confused:

The first sailing after drydock is April 13th, 2014 - from Miami. It goes in in March.

Loved the first thread and I will follow this one closely too now that I have the Adventure booked :D

Robyn, it looks like you're sailing with us next year so I hope you drop by the thread soon to chat. There are a few of us that haven't sailed on her before :)

I'm trying to book a tour in Aruba on the 4th of April, and I was asked do we get in at 8am ship time or island time (obviously, we're on AOS). Especially with all the daylight savings changes around this time of year, I didn't have a clue. Help??

Thanks! Only 4,000 to go to join the 5K Club. I'll probably be too old to even care by then :eek:.

I never even noticed the number of posts I have until you mentioned your 1,000th post, and now that I've looked, I realize I have spent way too much time on these boards! :eek:;) And I lost a bazillion posts back when Cruise Critic converted from AOL! I've been posting since sometime in the 90's! If I had a penny for every post....Hmmmm, I still wouldn't have much, would I? :p;) Okay, if I had a DOLLAR for every post, I could take an extra cruise! :D

Edited by Bonnie Voyager

Hi everyone! My wife and I are looking to do a B2B on the Adventure next winter. I'd like to book a JS and our only real requirements are that it is reasonably quiet and that the view of the sky is not obstructed by some huge overhang. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone! My wife and I are looking to do a B2B on the Adventure next winter. I'd like to book a JS and our only real requirements are that it is reasonably quiet and that the view of the sky is not obstructed by some huge overhang. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The only JS staterooms I know of on Adventure that have some sort of obstruction are 9554 and 9254, which have a 3 foot wide vertical obstruction on the balcony due to some pipes running vertically.

Edited by clarea

The only JS staterooms I know of on Adventure that have some sort of obstruction are 9554 and 9254, which have a 3 foot wide vertical obstruction on the balcony due to some pipes running vertically.

Appreciate the quick reply. We have not been on any larger RCL ship than the Brilliance so this big boat stuff is all new to me. If YOU were looking to do what I'm trying to do, would you do Deck 9 or Deck 10? Am thinking that a mid-ship to aft would be best for us.

Appreciate the quick reply. We have not been on any larger RCL ship than the Brilliance so this big boat stuff is all new to me. If YOU were looking to do what I'm trying to do, would you do Deck 9 or Deck 10? Am thinking that a mid-ship to aft would be best for us.

We like deck 9 because there's a possibility of more noise on deck 10 due to the pool deck on deck 11.

Jimmy..

We love deck 8 hump...I would agree with Bob about deck 9 if you are going for aft JS. We have been on deck 10 but only GS yet never experienced any noise from pool decks or above but haven't been directly under the windjammer either. Our back aft cabins were always 7388 or 7688.

I haven't even BEEN on the Adventure yet and I know I'm going to love it. We loved her sister the Explorer, and San Juan is one of our favorite ports, so what's not to love?

Being from Delaware I'm really excited that the rumors about the Quantum coming to Bayonne don't seem like rumors anymore... although there's something to be said for sailing out of San Juan and starting out with warm weather and a beautiful port.

We've been known to drive over to Kent Island to Hemingways to watch the Enchantment or Grandeur sail under the Bay Bridge - for a quick cruise obsession fix! The wait staff thinks we're nuts for sitting at dinner watching the marine traffic app on the phone and jumping up to take pictures:p

I've seen Bonnie Voyagers posts - love the pictures.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Oh you all are far from crazy...We have seen the Pride go under Bay Bridge...when just coming across the bridge...wow....its like the Explorer going under the verazanno....wow...

Oh we are so keeping our fingers crossed for the Quantum coming to Bayonne. I have to say tho...it's going to be the same ports just a newer ship. We are at the point when now it is so so so nice...did I say so nice? to step off the plane into warm weather. I can tell you we felt so guilty a few saturday evenings ago walking on the beach in the evening with a warm breeze and our feet in the water...just what the doctor ordered....

I am glad to hear that you liked the Embassy Suites, this is one of my 3 choices for our pre cruise stay next year. Was it within walking distance to anything like restaurants or a store where we could purchase water and pop to take on the ship with us.. :)

By the way I am loving this thread!!!! :)

Ok...when is your Adventure trip? we are the 1/26 and 2/2 b2b. Are you onboard with us?

There is a grocery store behind the Embassy that we saw many walking to but we went to a little grocery store on the botton floor of the condos right out from the hotel and they had great prices for water and sodas. We didn't have a problem taking them on board. Bottles have to be sealed.

If we can't get into the Embassy we will try the hampton Inn. There is an Outback Steak house in the Embassy. When you walk out of hotel and down to the main street there is a strip shopping center with many places in it and we made a right turn and walked down a ways to a great mexican restaurant. The beach in this area of hotels is nicer than where we were at last year when we stayed at the Comfort Inn.

Ok...when is your Adventure trip? we are the 1/26 and 2/2 b2b. Are you onboard with us?

There is a grocery store behind the Embassy that we saw many walking to but we went to a little grocery store on the botton floor of the condos right out from the hotel and they had great prices for water and sodas. We didn't have a problem taking them on board. Bottles have to be sealed.

If we can't get into the Embassy we will try the hampton Inn. There is an Outback Steak house in the Embassy. When you walk out of hotel and down to the main street there is a strip shopping center with many places in it and we made a right turn and walked down a ways to a great mexican restaurant. The beach in this area of hotels is nicer than where we were at last year when we stayed at the Comfort Inn.

We are one the 2/2 sailing, YAY!!! I know that we are a year out so I am not sure if we should book a hotel now or if I should wait and go the Priceline or Hotwire route? It will only be for 2 nights max, Friday or Friday and Saturday depending on plane ticket prices. We will have our 8 year old son with us so it will make it easier to have some restaurants near, decisions, decisions... Thank you so much for the information... :)

Ok I have a weird question for you. I have a plug extender I would like to take with me so that we have more places to plug things in. This isn't an extension cord, but a device that creates three plug ons out of one. My question is, does anyone know which direction the plug ins are? Are they horizontal to the desk (like this = ) or perpendicular (like this || ) ? Does that make any sense at all? If anyone has a picture of that area of the cabin, that would be great.

Ok I have a weird question for you. I have a plug extender I would like to take with me so that we have more places to plug things in. This isn't an extension cord, but a device that creates three plug ons out of one. My question is, does anyone know which direction the plug ins are? Are they horizontal to the desk (like this = ) or perpendicular (like this || ) ? Does that make any sense at all? If anyone has a picture of that area of the cabin, that would be great.

I can't remember the orientation of the outlets. However, we use the device linked below. One of the features is the ability to rotate 270 degrees so that it can be adjusted to conform to horoizontal or vertical outlets.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Mini-Surge-Protector-Charger/dp/B0015DYMVO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362840418&sr=8-1&keywords=belkin+surge+protectors