All Things Adventure of the Seas

We have just come off the 2 nighter and thought generally the service was good but we did have problems with the bar staff. In the Schooner bar we were charged for extra things on three separate occasions. I had another customers card brought back to me, when I went to get my card back I had to sign another slip and got charged twice. Other extra payments are a mystery but guest services removed them when I questioned it. Bar staff in the sports bar also didn't know how to make two of the cocktails (listed in menu) I wanted. It took a while to get the right drinks and service was unfriendly like I was putting them out.

On the plus side the waiters we had in my time dining were very good and better than on our Vision cruise last year.

Just come off the transatlantic... All I can say is that we were very impressed with the staff! Very friendly, and very helpful. We had a drinks package and other than not being able to choose the wine, everything else was available.

The ship was in good shape, and very clean.

We met some great people, and enjoyed our main time dining at 8.30 The waiter Ratish and assistant Ravi were wonderful.

If I have one gripe it would be the singers on board....

Other than that the entertainment was ok.

On board right now. Having a pretty poor experience. Had one customer service rep try to get me to lend him 20 dollars to cover a mistake he made. Had a bar guy refuse to serve us due to a problem with the card kept sending us back to reception even though reception kept saying there was no problem. Turns out, he didnt want to write out a physical receipt, the entire time we were there he ignored us by reading the cruise news rather than deal with us. Then, we decided to get a bite to eat, only to be told that the wind jammer was running late then we were PHYSICALLY removed. Seriously, the manager, a guy named Phil, physically put his hands on us and ushered us backwards out of hallway. I couldn't believe it. Thing is, I have never complained before but am seriously thinking about complaining this time. It's like the crew hate us. Thing is, I've got two more cruises booked and paid for with RC and am now considering just not going due to this experience. I need help on how to complain without having to experience any more negativity during my last two days on board.

Must say ... NEVER had such an experience with RCCL!!! I've asked questions that I had the wrong time for something & the staff person I asked got the answer immediately & apologized for the error - which again was MINE ... had the wrong time/place.

The staff have even remembered us cruise to cruise & been extremely courteous & helpful.

Hope you go to the Guest Relations & ask to speak to someone .... this certainly is not our experience at all.

So glad to hear of your positive response and nice to know that the Management are looking after you.
The issues behind an employee asking to borrow money from a guest still has me very perplexed.

Glad to hear the issue was addressed from the cruiser angle...but this would appear to be inappropriate behavior that requires HR involvement. Agree that at minimum it is perplexing...but it seems to be highly suspect in terms of professionalism. I would still report the matter.

On the upside...RCI has repeatedly addressed issues in a positive way from our experiences....whether it was a dining table that wasn't what we requested or something else - they always corrected it with a smile.

Booked Adventure for next April and am looking forward to getting re-acquainted with her as it's been a while since we sailed her. This cruise is more exciting for us because I booked an OS for the first time. I always book JS, but the price was so good that I couldn't resist upgrading us. So looking forward to this new experience. :D

So, I just saw at RCI's website that they're about to post the Adventure's sailings through fall of 2014, which ends the Europe season with another transat to San Juan in November. The eastbound transat in April 2014 is from Miami, not San Juan. It will do a one week cruise from Miami to San Juan/St. Maarten/Labadee/Miami after drydock before the transat.

Yup. We are booked on the sailing out of Miami doing the eastern Carib before the TA. I have not sailed on a ship right out of dry dock, so I hope there won't be any issues. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know which region DVD's I'd need to buy to use in the player in our suite please? I have to watch something to send me to sleep at night and wasn't able to find anything watchable on the channels available on the ship.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know? Would also like to know for cruise in August? :)

I cruised on Adventure last year B2B (right after Thanksgiving) and loved it. It was one of the best cruises I've taken and the crew were a huge part of making it so great. The ship was pretty wonderful too:D I've been to all the ports before, save St. Croix, but find something new/interesting to do each time. In December I tried to book the same Adventure cruises for this year after Thanksgiving but couldn't get a matching cabin for both legs and switched over to Jewel. Last week my DD "offered" to cruise with me if I backed it up to the week of Thanksgiving and I found there were now plenty of matching cabins for a B2B on Adventure, so we are going Adventure:D:D I can't wait to get back on board. I just loved the ship and the crew. The roll calls for these cruises are really slow so I thought I would come here and share my excitement with other Adventure lovers:cool:

Book on AOS 12/08/13 and can't wait. Have sailed on it 1 time in the past. Would love to hear all about everyone's experiences and all the not to miss things on the ship. Even though I have said once before want to make sure that I do not miss anything this time!

Last time we had an awful experience trying to get on the ship...it was probably 5 hours of waiting to board and we were closed out when the Drills happened. Anyone else have that experience lately or advice on when to get to the pier? How early can you board?

This is also my first post on here...Did I do it right? Any advice greatly appreciated. I have read to "subscribe" what does that mean?? How do I find all the post regarding my sailing??

Edited by DecCruisin

Does anyone know? Would also like to know for cruise in August? :)

Hi dutchdogs......see you onboard!

We had a GS last year. They have a selection of DVDs in the CS so you don't need to take your own if you speak English.....I thin that European DVDs work but not sure.

Your concierge will email you before departure. Ask her maybe. Someone else will be along soon who knows I expect.

GS is excellent..hoping the upgrade fairy will be along but it appears the cruise is virtually sold out.....

I am back from 7 nights on Celebrity Summit...Oh my gosh did all of us miss Royal Caribbean...what a difference and we thought Celebrity was a step above...nah not in this case. 25 of us pinky swore several days ago, never ever again.. The cruise was picked by the graduate to go to Bermuda to be there for Harbour Nights.

I sure needed Anthony my server on this ship...what am I thinking...he better not hop to Celebrity...lol

now to go check my adventure roll calls for 2014 and 2015!! yep....come on OB....time to do a B2B!

Any one know of a way to find out if a certain server is on our AOS in Dec? Would love to have the same one we had 2 years ago!!! :-)

If you are in a suite you can contact your concierge a few weeks before sailing. I requested our server we have had previously and checked in the dining room also when we got onboard.

Hi, Crisndeefromde:

Would you mind sharing some details? What made the cruise so bad in comparison with RCL?

We have sailed Celebrity in the past, but not for many years. Since we take "family" cruises now, we prefer RCL, but we liked Celebrity in the past. We liked the dining food and service better, but we do like RCL's service, activities and fun atmosphere and prefer their buffet food. Just interested in hearing what went so wrong for you.

We are taking AOS again this winter. Just have to do the B itinerary.

Cheers,

Koohiichan

I am back from 7 nights on Celebrity Summit...Oh my gosh did all of us miss Royal Caribbean...what a difference and we thought Celebrity was a step above...nah not in this case. 25 of us pinky swore several days ago, never ever again.. The cruise was picked by the graduate to go to Bermuda to be there for Harbour Nights.

I sure needed Anthony my server on this ship...what am I thinking...he better not hop to Celebrity...lol

now to go check my adventure roll calls for 2014 and 2015!! yep....come on OB....time to do a B2B!

Hi, DecCruisin:

We sailed Feb. 2013 and had no issues with boarding. We arrived around 12:30 or so and got right on. No line in the Gold C&A line. It sounds like you had quite a bad experience. I wonder if this is typical after the boat returns to San Juan after Europe or if it was something else entirely.

I hope you have a better experience this December.

Cheers,

Koohiichan

Book on AOS 12/08/13 and can't wait. Have sailed on it 1 time in the past. Would love to hear all about everyone's experiences and all the not to miss things on the ship. Even though I have said once before want to make sure that I do not miss anything this time!

Last time we had an awful experience trying to get on the ship...it was probably 5 hours of waiting to board and we were closed out when the Drills happened. Anyone else have that experience lately or advice on when to get to the pier? How early can you board?

This is also my first post on here...Did I do it right? Any advice greatly appreciated. I have read to "subscribe" what does that mean?? How do I find all the post regarding my sailing??

I see that Gold C&A might have its own boarding line now so I was going to look for that. We are traveling with others that are not C&A so was wondering how it will work since we may have to be split up. One of them I am paying for there OBA was wondering if they will be able to stay in the Gold C&A line.

I'm hoping our experience will be better! Do you know the earliest we can get to pier and they start boarding? Is it noon??

Thanks!!

I'm not exactly sure, but I know that people arrived and boarded earlier than us. I would say 11:30 would be a safe bet for boarding as long as there are not unusual issues. This past Feb. the word was that the last disembark times for cruisers was 11:00 a.m. so you may not want to get there too early if you don't like to wait. Personally, we disembarked at 10:00 am. and there were not many left on board. Around 10:00 we started to feel a bit uncomfortable, but we were never pushed off the ship. It was a fairly relaxing morning.

Cheers,

Koohiichan

Must agree with your comment that you expected a "step above" from X ... but didn't find it hit the RCCL standards. We felt the same when we were on the Summit ... so I said so when I did my onboard evaluation card, my online survey with the agreement to be contacted & since I wasn't I called Guest services to let them know the "big" differences.

Don't get me wrong ... we had a good time and will be on the X in 2014 ... BUT the reason is due to the group we enjoy sailing with not because of the standard we found on X.

It. Has been a little while (4 years) since we sailed RCCl could some one update me on AOS concierge lounge or diamond lounge in other words where what is served where and what times? We are diamond plus and looking forward to our trip in two weeks, whoop whoop!!:D I have been trying to read back through this thread but too much to do! We only booked last week.

It. Has been a little while (4 years) since we sailed RCCl could some one update me on AOS concierge lounge or diamond lounge in other words where what is served where and what times? We are diamond plus and looking forward to our trip in two weeks, whoop whoop!!:D I have been trying to read back through this thread but too much to do! We only booked last week.

There is no Diamond Lounge on Adventure. The Concierge Lounge is on deck 9, between the aft elevator lobbies. There is continental breakfast for a couple of hours each morning. There's a cocktail hour from about 5pm to 8:30pm each evening with free soda, beer, house wine, basic mixed drinks (no blender drinks), and hot/cold snacks. The CL also has free 24 hour specialty coffee. You should get a letter in your stateroom detailing these perks, and also listing the office hours of the Concierge.

There is no Diamond Lounge on Adventure. The Concierge Lounge is on deck 9, between the aft elevator lobbies. There is continental breakfast for a couple of hours each morning. There's a cocktail hour from about 5pm to 8:30pm each evening with free soda, beer, house wine, basic mixed drinks (no blender drinks), and hot/cold snacks. The CL also has free 24 hour specialty coffee. You should get a letter in your stateroom detailing these perks, and also listing the office hours of the Concierge.

There will be a Diamond Lounge after her retrofit next year.