Scooter - Pride Mobility Go--Go Ultra X 3

J&B in GA

Very old thread ...

One big tip however if you buy ANY PRIDE Scooter if you store it or do not use it for extended periods of time remove the batteries and rubber-band the speed control to either FULL Forward or FULL Reverse .. Otherwise the speed pot may corrode and will not function at any speed except extremely slow... We had this problem with several scooters we owned over the years UNTIL we started rubber-banding the speed pot (the levers) every winter when she does not use the scooter much ..have not had a problem in years

Bob G

Yes, I started this thread over a year ago. I have already had to replace the original 12v, 18Ah batteries with two new 22Ah ones that are physically the same size, so fit perfectly in the battery case. I found the higher capacity batteries on Amazon and they wern't much more than the 18Ah ones. Love Amazon. ;)

Hopefully I will get longer use with these batteries between charges. On our last cruise, with the original batteries, I had to take the charger with me on-shore in Bermuda, as they only lasted a couple hours between charges. Luckily was able to plug in at local restraunts during lunch breaks to keep me going.

Great suggestions Bob G regarding long term storage, didn't think of rubber-banding the speed control. Did know to remove the battery case and place it on the charger, to keep the batteries trickle charged when not in use.

My information comes directly from Pride Mobility the company and personal experience . Not from a salesperson.

Having the larger battery does not give you any more assistance/power in getting over thresholds where the scooter does not have the proper clearance to start.

The larger battery only provides a longer maxium drive range per charge.

Standard 12AH battery has a maxium range per charge of up to 7.5 miles *

Upgrade 18AH battery has a maximum range per charge of up to 10 miles*

* Actual range varies depending based on with user weight, terrain type, battery charge, battery condition and speed driven.

From personal experience, you are absolutely correct. I have the 18AH battery and , due to the clearance, get stuck going over thresholds that have a "hump". Also, the battery range absolutely depends on user weight, etc., as you have stated. When going uphill, you will see the battery charge indicator fluctuate; when on level ground, it will go back to the fully charged indicator light. When the time comes that I need a new battery (mine is 4 yrs old), I would pay the extra money for the 18AH battery, in a heartbeat. If your weight is on the border, get the next weight category. My BIL broke the frame of his rental scooter because, when he ordered the scooter, he lied about his weight.

I forgot to mention in my previous post, if the scooter is not what you want, check out spinlife.com and look at their scooters. The prices are reasonable and free delivery. However, if you want to purchase one, order the catalog. When the catalog comes, they usually offer a 10% discount. Then, when you go to their website, you can enter the discount code for the purchase. ;)