RCCL-Alcohol Packages question

rxvan1959

I know its a new option, but has anybody purchased the alcohol package on a 7 day cruise? We are average drinkers and trying to decide whether to buy the package or just get charged as we drink? Also, what is the average price of beer, wine, mixed drinks, and the specialty drinks like pina coladas?:confused:

I know its a new option, but has anybody purchased the alcohol package on a 7 day cruise? We are average drinkers and trying to decide whether to buy the package or just get charged as we drink? Also, what is the average price of beer, wine, mixed drinks, and the specialty drinks like pina coladas?:confused:

If you go to the RCCL board there are at two threads about the alcohol packages. :)

We did RC 10 day med cruise last year and had the beer and wine package, I wouldn't bother again, the wine wasn't great,only a couple of choices, got fed up with it after 2 days, plus didn't I read you are allowed a couple of bottles to take on board now.

I originally thought we would save getting it, thinking a few drinks in the day and quite a few in the evening, but I found we are not as big a boozers as I thought, obviously we didn't drink with breakfast, lol and there was free juice and coffee in the restaurants, free coffee in the cafes and when visiting ports, by the time we arrived back on the ship and had a rest it was time to get ready for dinner, a couple before dinner and a few more after, and to be honest after a big meal we didn't really feel like boozing it up till the early hours ( god I sound boring) lol.

I can't remember how much it was but quite a few hundred each and that was the cheap package, the spirit package was a lot more, I ended up paying for a few cocktails which are not included in the beer and wine package as they looked so nice, they are included in the spirit package though.

Saying that the drinks are very expensive so if your a spirit or cocktail drinker it might be worth doing the maths.

Janec16

Archived