Telling daylight from night?

Pr cabin

I was wondering if you get natural light in the cabin or do they have a TV channel showing outside you can use for daylight or dark.

IOS

As said above there is a camera on the front of the ship that broadcasts on the tv (if you are on a freedom class ship) Assuming pr means promenade then if you are on an Oasis class ship you will get natural daylight as the ship is hollow in the middle :)

As said above there is a camera on the front of the ship that broadcasts on the tv (if you are on a freedom class ship) Assuming pr means promenade then if you are on an Oasis class ship you will get natural daylight as the ship is hollow in the middle :)

There is no natural light in a PR cabin. The cabin faces the promenade, and not the outside.

The promenade on the Oasis is indoors and also has no natural light, There are “interior” facing cabins in Central Park that would provide some natural light.

M

The only problem is sometimes the channel alternates between the cam and the blue screen with the ships progress charted on it. This can cause a lot of flashing all night long dark, blue, dark, blue etc. That would disturb my sleep.

We have one of those night to gradual day alarm lights for DD, it's pretty big, wonder if they make a small one you could bring? :confused:

I believe the OP is referring to the Independence. No natural light in a Promenade facing room. Lighting inside the promenade is different to reflect the different time of day (or night), however.

Yes, Independence Thanks. got it don't trust the promenade lighting. Thanks

The only problem is sometimes the channel alternates between the cam and the blue screen with the ships progress charted on it. This can cause a lot of flashing all night long dark, blue, dark, blue etc. That would disturb my sleep.

We have one of those night to gradual day alarm lights for DD, it's pretty big, wonder if they make a small one you could bring? :confused:

Even without alternating between the channels, we found the glow of the TV to be pretty annoying, even when it was just showing nighttime outside. I'm sure it doesn't bother some people, but it did us.

I believe the OP is referring to the Independence. No natural light in a Promenade facing room. Lighting inside the promenade is different to reflect the different time of day (or night), however.

The promenade lighting returns to "daylight" mode at around 2 or 3 am to assist the cleaning crews. Also note that at night the camera on the stateroom TV switches from showing the outside of the ship to showing the promenade.

The promenade lighting returns to "daylight" mode at around 2 or 3 am to assist the cleaning crews. Also note that at night the camera on the stateroom TV switches from showing the outside of the ship to showing the promenade.

Yes very true. I woke up at like 4am because our curtain kinda opened up and it was very bright. Once those curtains are closed though, darkness. Loved it!

Archived