Princess website quotes?

Friend is interested in a Sea Princess cruise on 22 Nov 2013. The amount that Princess is quoting on their website for an inside cabin is WAAAY more expensive than that being quoted by a number of TA's . Also the TA's quote a number of inside cabin categories - whereas Princess quote only for one inside category.

What am I missing?? The Princess website looks to me to be for Americans.

Barry

Friend is interested in a Sea Princess cruise on 22 Nov 2013. The amount that Princess is quoting on their website for an inside cabin is WAAAY more expensive than that being quoted by a number of TA's . Also the TA's quote a number of inside cabin categories - whereas Princess quote only for one inside category.

What am I missing?? The Princess website looks to me to be for Americans.

Barry

Barry if you are a past passenger with princess you get a price reduction and i had a look at that cruise and the price that princess has is the same price as a couple of online sites (from $1598)and princess has plenty of spare cabins in different categories.....have you done a dummy booking....i did and i came up with the cheapest price of $1498 but thats a past passenger price

Barry if you are a past passenger with princess you get a price reduction and i had a look at that cruise and the price that princess has is the same price as a couple of online sites (from $1598)and princess has plenty of spare cabins in different categories.....have you done a dummy booking....i did and i came up with the cheapest price of $1498 but thats a past passenger price

As the Americans say "Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle!!!" :eek:

The website was showing $2400 for an inside when I wrote that post!!:confused:

Barry

We're going on that cruise, and we booked through a TA. Then Princess sent us a flyer about a sale, we took it to the TA and she (grudgingly) rang Princess and got us a reduction in price. Today we got an email from another cruise booking site offering a much cheaper price for a similar cabin to the one we booked (same deck, only two cabins further down). Back to the TA to find out if they could price match. Our original TA wasn't working there any more (yeah, thanks for letting us know) but her replacement was more than willing to go the extra mile and got us another large price reduction plus some OBC. I never knew that you could do this until I read some advice here. I always thought that once you booked at a certain price, that was it. Thanks to this forum I have saved almost $800.

Archived