Confused about what drinks are free

My husband doesn't drink alcohol and I'm pretty much just a social drinker of alcohol. We ordered a juice package consisting of 12 bottles. I'm confused about what non alcoholic drinks are free on the cruise. Can you have tea, coffee, water, etc free without paying for them? And if so is this just during meal time or throughout the day and evening?

Thanks!:)

My husband doesn't drink alcohol and I'm pretty much just a social drinker of alcohol. We ordered a juice package consisting of 12 bottles. I'm confused about what non alcoholic drinks are free on the cruise. Can you have tea, coffee, water, etc free without paying for them? And if so is this just during meal time or throughout the day and evening?

Thanks!:)

Tea, coffee, iced tea, lemonade, water and milk are included in the price of your cruise. Water down versions of juices are available at breakfast.

Depending on what ship you are on you get coffee, tea, water 24X7 somewhere on the ship.

In the windjammer, dining room and some other venues depending on your ship you can always get water, iced tea, lemondade, coffee and tea for free. Soda and alcohol are not included and available for a fee.

If we have the soda package, I assume soda is included in the dining rooms for those people who are on that package? Do you have to have your "cup" with you, or do they serve it in a more suitable glass?

If you have the soda package you will show them your card and they will serve you a soda in a nice glass. Have fun on your first cruise. You picked a spectacular ship for your first cruise.

As others have stated, water, coffee, tea, etc., are free.

What ship? For instance, on Freedom class, and I believe Oasis class, coffee, tea, snacks, etc., are available 24 hours a day at the coffee shop on the Royal Promenade. On the Radiance class (at least Jewel last summer), they were available outside the Windjammer.

you can also get juice in various food venues... for example, you can get apple, orange and I am pretty sure grapefruit juices in the main dining room and windjammer at breakfast. The orange juice is the pre-made kind not the fresh squeezed that they walk around selling. I believe DH has also on occasion ordered cranberry juice in the main dining room at either lunch or dinner. So, unless you are big juice drinkers, you dont really need to get the juice package. You can bring a big cup (from home that you can bring back to your cabin) to the windjammer in the morning and ask the server to fill it with a juice of your choice.

(you can walk around the ship with a drink from any venue... and even leave it in your cabin... this is the same with food... you can bring snacks from any venue back to your cabin to enjoy... we love to have a late night snack on the balcony!!!)

You can bring a water bottle from home to refill and reuse... but make sure you are either giving it to a server to fill ... or you are filling from individual cups that you are pouring into your bottle ( for health reasons).

Also, on the Oasis, there is flavored waters in the Park Cafe.

We will be on the Oasis.:)

Whoa! Talk about starting at the top!

Drinks are available on the Royal Promenade (Cafe Promenade) 24 hours a day. I honestly don't remember the drinks at the Park Cafe, but the roast beef sandwiches are legendary!

you can get packets of hot chocolate pretty much anywhere they have self serve coffee.... you may have to ask... but I have seen it at the cafe promenade and in the windjammer.

the flavored water in the park cafe was in big dispensers by the condiments and silverware in the Allure.

Where is hot chocolate free other than from room service? They wanted $4 or so at Cafe Promenade.

That would have been at Seattle's Best Coffee which is a for-fee coffee house adjacent to the CP. As stated, there are packets of instant hot chocolate which you can mix with the hot water from the machines, or use one in combination with their free coffee and make yourself a mocha. :D

That would have been at Seattle's Best Coffee which is a for-fee coffee house adjacent to the CP. As stated, there are packets of instant hot chocolate which you can mix with the hot water from the machines, or use one in combination with their free coffee and make yourself a mocha. :D

On Serenade, this was served beside the WJ. So awesome on a cool Alaskan cruise to go and get hot chocolate.

On my last Explorer cruise in September 2012, ice tea wasn't available until lunch time. If you ordered it before lunch from room service, there was a charge. Same charge as a soft drink. That was the first time I was charged for ice tea from room service in the morning. I was told it was the new policy. I like ice tea in the morning, so I would go up to WJ at night and bring a couple of glasses down to my cabin for the next morning. You could also make your own from tea bags.

Where is hot chocolate free other than from room service? They wanted $4 or so at Cafe Promenade.

When we sailed the Freedom of the Seas, and the Mariner, Hot chocalate was available in packets where you get your free coffee.

Sea Ya

Archived