MSC- What to expect

Wrinks22

Wow. Thanks for the info. I came back to refute all the negative reviews I had read prior to sailing. I had an AMAZING time on MSC. If others want to stay in the dark.... their loss.

Maybe something is being lost in translation. You keep saying you just want some answers about MSC ships yet you seem to be just rubbishing MSC here and on other threads.

I'll say it a 3rd time. If it sounds like a troll, it's likely to be a troll.

That's just my feeling exactly.

There is one ship, with all these personal top No.1 amenities. If you like it, stay there. Dont change. Never see other lines. Other ships.

Never make your very own impression. Listen to what others dont like. Or their bashing on MSC.

I am not easy to handle, (and we are payable the gardenvilla on NCL) but MSC made me more than 40 beautyful nights in the last years. Others did the same, some not.

I am not a friend of MSC and i am not a hater. But i am getting the feeling, that MSC is a **** because one of their best

ship class does not have a 100% Wrap-around Promenade.

Please be so kind and read, what "annim", "Splendida Review Feb 22", 2013 wrote. He argued very neutral.

This is a description of a cruise ship we have just cruised on!

Believe me, this is a real ship that sails in the Caribbean

Of course i do. Did you pay the same? Does all ships must have the same look alike?

THAT is one of the just so exciting on cruising. The new, the other.

I wonder why people that "actually cruised" have difficulty answering those questions.

Because the questions lead to nowhere for me. A ship / line is not cheap/bad/inferior because it has no "wrap-around-promenade."

What are you missing?

1. Wrap-around Promenade : Divina: no! But enough Decks to promenade.

2. Front open observation Deck Divina: no!

3. Aft open observation Deck yes, many Decks to sit and stay

4. Separate aft pool area for adults yes

5. Serene sun deck yes, many Decks for sunbathing

6. Additional sun deck do you need a plate "This is a sundeck" ? You can sunbath where you want.

7. Sports court yes

8. Observation lounge if you call it like this, yes. Other ships, other names.

9. Hydropool & Thermal Suite f you call it like this, yes. Other ships, other names. Payable

10. Selection of alternative dining venues included in the price You have a 5 course dining with 3 different choices.You can ask your waiter for more, and special meals if you dont like it.

11. Afternoon tea proper service If you want, payable

12. Fresh juice for breakfast If you want, payable

13. Selection of specialty restaurants yes, 2, payable

14. Dinner in the buffet yes

15. Live music performances on the main stage yes, and shows, theater with 1600 comfortable seats.

16. Live music performances on the small stage other stages in the aft-bar and discothek. Animation team changes places.

17. Live music in lounges every evening, free. In all lounges and bars.

and she even has a jogging track.

Will these answers/questions help you to decide whether a line is cheap or if you have a great holiday??

It might be different to other lines, some things are more european, some things are better, some are not.

You can aks these questions for any ship or line. But the answers will not guarantee yourself a great holiday.

Twenty years ago, "Liner-Decks" were in. Today you can drive "Astor". Because such a thing no longer exists on modern ships.

Every cruiseline has its own special face. You don´t get on MSC things you saw on Celebrity or Carnival. (and another around.)

Some ships have wrap-around promenade. Some not. That doesn´t make a Product inferior.

I don't want to get involved in bashing MSC, we have sailed once with them, we will not do it again. The ship was stunningly beautiful and spotlessly clean and the entertainment was about average for a cruise ship apart from that I could find little else to commend it. I believe that answers the original question.

I understand what you mean, even if MSC has changed a lot in this one year, but....would you say, that MSC is not worth to cruise because of having no promenade or you have to pay for special restaurants ? :)

Would you say there were mistakes done by the crew,

or had their been essential fault,

or for example the food, which was not as good in 2012?

If you dont like to post, i am glad for a pm.

I'm gald I ran into this thread. Love the banter! Thank you for the good and bad opinions.

I too was a bit worried at the MSC reviews before we booked on MSC last year. We took the plunge anyway since the reviews were polar opposites. An indication of subjective, possibly isolated experiences and differing expectations. It's unfortunate that it ruined their vacations.

We'll be sailing on the maiden voyage of MSC Preziosa (Fantasia class) so we're already expecting some hicups but we are open to new experiences. We'll be in Europe so I'm not expecting to be in Kansas : )

One question for the MSC veterans... what was the general attire during the cruise throughout the week? I assume fairly (country club?) casual during the day? How is it at night? We've sailed with RCL and NCL but we're expecting it to be completely different.

Apologize in advance if this was not an appropriate thread to post in.

Cheers and happy cruising!

I'm gald I ran into this thread. Love the banter! Thank you for the good and bad opinions.

I too was a bit worried at the MSC reviews before we booked on MSC last year. We took the plunge anyway since the reviews were polar opposites. An indication of subjective, possibly isolated experiences and differing expectations. It's unfortunate that it ruined their vacations.

We'll be sailing on the maiden voyage of MSC Preziosa (Fantasia class) so we're already expecting some hicups but we are open to new experiences. We'll be in Europe so I'm not expecting to be in Kansas : )

One question for the MSC veterans... what was the general attire during the cruise throughout the week? I assume fairly (country club?) casual during the day? How is it at night? We've sailed with RCL and NCL but we're expecting it to be completely different.

Apologize in advance if this was not an appropriate thread to post in.

Cheers and happy cruising!

hi Goby, welcome to CC!

Not sure what Country Club attire is? During the day, yes fairly casual - recommend layers as weather will be variable between cold and mild but unlikely to be hot unless you're really lucky. Also bring a waterproof.

In the evening there are 3 dress possible dress codes - formal/Gala, Informal and Casual. Most dress smartly for the gala nights, not many in tuxes or long gowns, casual well pretty much anything goes (but no shorts but who'd want to wear shorts in the winter anyway?) and informal is somewhere in between. Most waer what they'd wear to go out to a nice restaurant.

Thanks for the quick reply AmoMondo!

Country Club = Khaki type pants / collared shirt :)

You're definitely a MSC veteran. I see you've sailed on a Fantasia ship (Med. in April) before, any favourite areas? Are any of the pools heated? Are they even open during this time? We have a pre-teen son and was hoping to try out the "largest water slide on the seas"

Hoping for some decent weather but will bring rain coat as suggested. It will be good walking temperature at least. We'll be heading to Santorini for a week following the cruise so it's probably a good idea. Attire planning (with limited space) is a bit tough for this time of year.

Will these answers/questions help you to decide whether a line is cheap or if you have a great holiday??

Thank you.

I don't have so many questions about the Divina.

Others might have.

I have just a few specific questions about the ship.

So I appreciate your answers.

As sthelder says,

"from the various sources (including first hand experiences from some real-life cruise mates) and photo evidences" and my own observations I have found:

Ship's statistics

The MSC Divina is a brand new mega ship (139,400 GT) for 3500 pax (double occupancy)

Space ratio 39.8

Is it much?

Not much?

For a comparison: Liberty of the Seas is 158,000 GT for 3600 pax

Space ratio 43.5

Note that LOS has much more open space that is not included in GT.

MSC Divina Pros:

1. New ship

2. Aft pool for adults

3. Simple nice looking cabins

4. Four bunks of elevators

5. Impressive "Glitz" Atrium

Cons:

Design

1. Closed-in feel

2. Overcrowded

3. No proper promenade deck

4. No front observation deck

5. Crammed pool decks

6. No jogging track

7. No hydropool in spa

8. So-so "thermal suite" in spa

Dining

9. MDR food - average to good, 4 main courses in Gala menu, no lobster night

10. Buffet food overall - miserable (my real-life cruise mates give examples like croissants cut in two :))

11. No alternative dining options included in the price

12. Extra charge restaurants (2) - nothing special, no ambiance, no class

13. No proper afternoon tea service

Entertainment

14. No live music performance on the main stage

MSC Divina overall - brand new modern glitzy cruise-and-booze oriented overcrowded lower end mass market ship.

This is what is available so far.

Am I planning a cruise on this ship?

Yes, if the price (~50-60% of a real cruise ship) and itinerary permit.

Another reason to cruise is a technical interest - to try a new design.

The ship lacks a lot.

However, this is not a "no go" ship. I know how to have a good cruise on a ship like this - of course, just one time.

That will be more than enough.

Still have a few questions:

1. "Serene sun decks" - Deck 18 forward and midships - Are these areas accessible for all guests?

2. Forward looking Top Sail Lounge - is it for Yacht Club guests only?

3. A "corner balconies" immediately under the bridge - are they accessible (can be used as an observation spot)?

5l9ch5.jpg

Another question (an addition to #11): breakfast in Caffe Italia - is it included in the price and what is in their offer?

For those who has not cruised on ships with proper promenade decks.

This is totally different experience, like two different worlds of cruising.

dyu16u.jpg

What is Hydropool?

This is Hydropool on a cruise ship (HAL Eurodam):

5f3y4k.jpg

33zfde8.jpg

Thank you.

Happy cruising!

We all have our preferences. But to claim only what we preferred as "proper", "real" etc is just funny. Bearing in mind, MSC's Musica-class and Fantasia-class ships (incl. Preziosa) are taking some 28,000 guests to seas every week, they have to be something good about them for that to happen. I am not going to think I am a very bright person for staying away from what I personally think as an inferior quality product.

Also, to me, cruise experience is made up of much more than what are the facilities available. Food, ambience, service, fellow passenger, safety etc. Some may not be even be fully cruise ship related, eg. poor excursion experiences, personal illness, freakish event and weather.

My quote that you have used was in respect of MSC's cabin design (space, eletricity outlet, bathroom, balcony size etc), cleaniness and look/taste. But I didn't make any remark on the bedding (especially in term of comfortness), which to a certain extent, a personal choice. I admit I haven't been on one, so I stay away from making comment. I actually made a remark in other thread that I wish MSC has aft balcony for more than two guests in their Fantasia-class ships, which again was down to my personal preference (I travel with my family), not that the 2-guest cabin itself is bad or the whole Fantasia-class ships are low quality.

If I haven't been on a cruise ship myself, reading reports/technical sheet or asking questions could only guide me to a decision that I think suit my preference or taste. But I don't think it's fair to conclude it's a low quality product without ever experience it personally. Even I may end up dislike the product, it's me and others who have the same taste as me. There are still over a million cruisers, many repeaters, who sail with MSC every year. Are they inferior to me because they like something I don't like?

Thanks for the quick reply AmoMondo!

Country Club = Khaki type pants / collared shirt :)

You're definitely a MSC veteran. I see you've sailed on a Fantasia ship (Med. in April) before, any favourite areas? Are any of the pools heated? Are they even open during this time? We have a pre-teen son and was hoping to try out the "largest water slide on the seas"

Hoping for some decent weather but will bring rain coat as suggested. It will be good walking temperature at least. We'll be heading to Santorini for a week following the cruise so it's probably a good idea. Attire planning (with limited space) is a bit tough for this time of year.

I was on the Fantasia at the very end of April. It wascold and raining when we boarded at Genoa and gradually warmed up towards the end. Also very wet when we were in Barcelona. The day in Tunis wasnt bad, actually manged to sunbathe out on deck for a while. Nest fay was the final port of Marseille, beautiful sunny day innthe region of 25-27.

My favourites spots on the Fantasia were

- Piazza San Giorgio (cafe bistro area with full coffee and drinks service but also some great (at extra cost cakes and pastries). The decor is like an Italian courtyard complete with a little fountain - excellent people watching spot as well)

- the Atrium area with those gorgeous Swarozski crystal staircases,classical musicians and such a variety of bars and lounges around and above

- The adults only Zen aft pool area and bar (won't be operational in March)

- The theatre is very lovely as well

- Favourite dining room was Cerchio D'Oro

Outdoor pools aren't heated, so no use to you I'm afraid.they probably won't be in use yet. One of the pool areas has a big Magrodome, with a bar area in the gallery above. That will most definitely be in use and warm enough to swim in.

Cruisetrail,

Top Sail club is only for YC passengers. Deck 18 sun deck area is for any passenger but it has an additional fee to use it. There was a thread fairly recently about it that had details lf the facilities and cost. I can't help with your other questions.

Gaby2000, we are getting on the Preziosa the day you get off. So excited!

Yes, I have read good and bad reviews and am going with an open mind. I think we got a bargain for a med cruise. who cares if they charge you for ice cream if you are paying $1000 less than what some other lines charge? This is going to be a beautiful ship sailing to beautiful ports. I'm not expecting the food to be the best in the industry, but, to tell you the truth, I think Celebrity has gone downhill, too. I am going to choose the Italian foods, which is probably what they do best, rather than expecting good American burgers and steaks. I suspect that a lot of people writing the bad reviews expect everything to be like in the States or the UK or wherever they come from.

We got the Allegrissimo all-inclusive, because I know from previous travel experience that paying for water, etc. gets on my nerves. Not having to think "ka-Ching" every time I order a drink will make the cruise a lot more relaxing.

I have a lot of questions, too. It is a little more difficult to find info about msc than some other lines, and this ship is so new. No, I don't need to know the details about the promenade deck, but knowing the answers to these few questions might help things go a little smoother for us.

Re: formal nights, my sons (ages 9 and 13) have tuxes, and blazers and khakis, but not suits. So which would be better? The tuxes or blazer, ties and chinos? My 9 year old is begging to wear his tux, but I fear it might be a little over the top.

Which areas of the ship are adults-only? We don't want to commit a faux pas or tell our kids they can swim in the covered pool if it is not allowed.

Is there anywhere other than the coffee shop when you can get a good cappuccino or latte?

Any special places on Fantasia class ships that we should check out that may not be obvious at first? In oarticular, I like quiet, shady places to read. Non-smoking and a bar nearby is a plus.

And finally, does msc offer a luggage storage service or transfer your luggage to the airport for you? Our flight leaves at 5 pm, and we would love to not spend the day at the airport or toting around our luggage. Celebrity had a service where you would put your luggage out the night before and you would not see it again until you got to the airport. I found out about it on cruise critic, as it was not prominently disolayed on their website, and, traveling with a family of five, it was a life saver!

Go with an open mind and enjoy your cruise. The ship will be extremely clean and beautiful and remenber food is very subjective, what is good to you is not good to others. Just enjoy.

I like the sound of this best. We will take our first MSC cruise next year.

Cruisetrail,

Top Sail club is only for YC passengers. Deck 18 sun deck area is for any passenger but it has an additional fee to use it. There was a thread fairly recently about it that had details lf the facilities and cost. I can't help with your other questions.

Thank you.

Are you talking about deck 18 forward, not the midships island which is also deck 18?

Re: formal nights, my sons (ages 9 and 13) have tuxes, and blazers and khakis, but not suits. So which would be better? The tuxes or blazer, ties and chinos? My 9 year old is begging to wear his tux, but I fear it might be a little over the top.

around 10% of passengers in tuxes, but not many kids, although some are dressed up. If the boys really want to wear them, there's no doubt the Italians and crew will appreciate it and no doubt make a fuss of them

Which areas of the ship are adults-only? We don't want to commit a faux pas or tell our kids they can swim in the covered pool if it is not allowed.

Just the adults only pool which is a much smaller pool at the of the ship away from the main big pool areas. Magrodome pool is definitely for everyone.

Is there anywhere other than the coffee shop when you can get a good cappuccino or latte?

every bar on the ship....it's the Italian way. They don't have coffee in the restaurants but have their meal then head to a bar afterwards for coffee

Any special places on Fantasia class ships that we should check out that may not be obvious at first? In oarticular, I like quiet, shady places to read. Non-smoking and a bar nearby is a plus.

See my response above to Goby2000 of my favourite spots on the Fantasia. Some ofnthe upper sun decks have shady areas, but in earlynspring it may well be too chilly. The disco during the day is a verynquiet and peaceful place with great views, but no bar nearby. They are enormous ships, you'll find a place that suits you. Duringbthe day you're probably going to be ashore most of the time.

And finally, does msc offer a luggage storage service or transfer your luggage to the airport for you? Our flight leaves at 5 pm, and we would love to not spend the day at the airport or toting around our luggage. Celebrity had a service where you would put your luggage out the night before and you would not see it again until you got to the airport. I found out about it on cruise critic, as it was not prominently disolayed on their website, and, traveling with a family of five, it was a life saver!

No I'm afraid not. Even those with fly/cruise packages that include transfers have to collect their luggage from the baggage hall and take it to the coach. There are left luggage facilities in the cruise terminal and Piazzale Roma (where the airport buses are). Only other option is a disembarkation excursion where your luggage goes on the excursion coach and atbthe end of the tour they take you to the airport[/i

See my response above, hope this helps

"MSC Divina overall - brand new modern glitzy cruise-and-booze oriented overcrowded lower end mass market ship"

cruisetrail .... Way too Funny ...... :) it never ceases to amaze me that people travel on one cruise line and then believe in their head that it is the best on the seas!

Hal i am told is Full of Old people so i guess there is no point in trying out that cruise line by what you say.

Legend of the seas? more like Legends in their own minds.... small ones at that.

brand new modern glitzy cruise-and-booze oriented overcrowded lower end mass market ship

:D jeah, wow is the only thing to think!

-I saw similar blingbling decoration at costa, ncl, crystal, celebrity ships and so on....

-booze-oriented... this is why lots of european ask so often for water and softdrink-packages here...

-mass-market-ship...where to classify the Carnival Spring Break Party Ships? What are the arguments? Douglas Ward Points?

Or number of passengers? Hello ? NCL ? 5000 Pax? Carnival? Costa? Disney? 4000 Pax? No Mass Market?

Does someone know the meaning of "Think before speak"?

Indeed!

You're more likely to see Italians overindulging in espresso than alcohol!

If MSC were a cruise and booze line, I would not set foot on them.

Just a little anecdote from our 8-seat Table Divina, last winter-cruise to Madeira. We were at our Divina-Table (75% Gala-Audience at that cruise, i was surprised too) a couple of Indian millionaire family, a couple of wealthy Russians, German engineer and a doctor. We eight mixed had a lot of fun, on that low-cost-blingbling-mass-market-lowest-level-cruise.

We had no complaints, and we were, all 8, not easy to handle passengers, some of us with lots and years of cruise experience.

For me, these phrases are only ridiculous assertions. Without content, without meaning, without sence. MSC-Bashing only.

Like "one-time Aida (Carnival, NCL), allways Aida (Carnival, NCL)".

That is not helpful at all.

But I would be impressed, if I had never done a MSC-Cruise before. :D

We should focus more on meaningful questions and answers

for guests who want to try out a cruise once with MSC or others and

have serious issues.

Indeed!

You're more likely to see Italians overindulging in espresso than alcohol!

If MSC were a cruise and booze line, I would not set foot on them.

Our Med cruise on Costa - bars full until very late, running and screaming in hallways until 2 am.

Must be espresso...:)

Not a problem for me.

Just an observation.

Hi VABeach,

It's great to have a poster who actually cruised on this ship and is willing to share information.

Could you please answer these questions.

How did you like:

1. Wrap-around Promenade

2. Front open observation Deck

3. Aft open observation Deck

4. Separate aft pool area for adults

5. Serene sun deck

6. Additional sun deck

7. Sports court

8. Observation lounge

9. Hydropool & Thermal Suite

10. Selection of alternative dining venues included in the price

11. Afternoon tea proper service

12. Fresh juice for breakfast

13. Selection of specialty restaurants

14. Dinner in the buffet

15. Live music performances on the main stage

16. Live music performances on the small stage

17. Live music in loungers

Thanks!

1-9 I cannot answer .I dont care about it on any line or ship)

15-17 beautiful on MSC ships .much better than on CCL or HAL

Hey, anybody want to quit encouraging the MSC basher and take a crack at answering some of my questions below? (There are cruise lines I don't want to sail with, but I would never waste my energy going to their boards and bashing them. Life's too short!)

Gaby2000, we are getting on the Preziosa the day you get off. So excited!

Yes, I have read good and bad reviews and am going with an open mind. I think we got a bargain for a med cruise. who cares if they charge you for ice cream if you are paying $1000 less than what some other lines charge? This is going to be a beautiful ship sailing to beautiful ports. I'm not expecting the food to be the best in the industry, but, to tell you the truth, I think Celebrity has gone downhill, too. I am going to choose the Italian foods, which is probably what they do best, rather than expecting good American burgers and steaks. I suspect that a lot of people writing the bad reviews expect everything to be like in the States or the UK or wherever they come from.

We got the Allegrissimo all-inclusive, because I know from previous travel experience that paying for water, etc. gets on my nerves. Not having to think "ka-Ching" every time I order a drink will make the cruise a lot more relaxing.

I have a lot of questions, too. It is a little more difficult to find info about msc than some other lines, and this ship is so new. No, I don't need to know the details about the promenade deck, but knowing the answers to these few questions might help things go a little smoother for us.

Thank you.

I don't have so many questions about the Divina.

Others might have.

I have just a few specific questions about the ship.

So I appreciate your answers.

As sthelder says,

"from the various sources (including first hand experiences from some real-life cruise mates) and photo evidences" and my own observations I have found:

Ship's statistics

The MSC Divina is a brand new mega ship (139,400 GT) for 3500 pax (double occupancy)

Space ratio 39.8

Is it much?

Not much?

For a comparison: Liberty of the Seas is 158,000 GT for 3600 pax

Space ratio 43.5

Note that LOS has much more open space that is not included in GT.

MSC Divina Pros:

1. New ship

2. Aft pool for adults

3. Simple nice looking cabins

4. Four bunks of elevators

5. Impressive "Glitz" Atrium

Cons:

Design

1. Closed-in feel

2. Overcrowded

3. No proper promenade deck

4. No front observation deck

5. Crammed pool decks

6. No jogging track

7. No hydropool in spa

8. So-so "thermal suite" in spa

Dining

9. MDR food - average to good, 4 main courses in Gala menu, no lobster night

10. Buffet food overall - miserable (my real-life cruise mates give examples like croissants cut in two :))

11. No alternative dining options included in the price

12. Extra charge restaurants (2) - nothing special, no ambiance, no class

13. No proper afternoon tea service

Entertainment

14. No live music performance on the main stage

MSC Divina overall - brand new modern glitzy cruise-and-booze oriented overcrowded lower end mass market ship.

This is what is available so far.

Am I planning a cruise on this ship?

Yes, if the price (~50-60% of a real cruise ship) and itinerary permit.

Another reason to cruise is a technical interest - to try a new design.

The ship lacks a lot.

However, this is not a "no go" ship. I know how to have a good cruise on a ship like this - of course, just one time.

That will be more than enough.

Still have a few questions:

1. "Serene sun decks" - Deck 18 forward and midships - Are these areas accessible for all guests?

2. Forward looking Top Sail Lounge - is it for Yacht Club guests only?

3. A "corner balconies" immediately under the bridge - are they accessible (can be used as an observation spot)?

5l9ch5.jpg

Another question (an addition to #11): breakfast in Caffe Italia - is it included in the price and what is in their offer?

For those who has not cruised on ships with proper promenade decks.

This is totally different experience, like two different worlds of cruising.

dyu16u.jpg

What is Hydropool?

This is Hydropool on a cruise ship (HAL Eurodam):

5f3y4k.jpg

33zfde8.jpg

Thank you.

Happy cruising!

Proper proper promenade decks))) proper by who? By you?real CRUISE SHIP??? Rally MSC doing very good now if CCL and RCL so active in bashing it)))

Hello CarolinaMamma

sorry, i did n t see your questions......

formal nights, my sons (ages 9 and 13) have tuxes, and blazers and khakis, but not suits. So which would be better? The tuxes or blazer, ties and chinos? My 9 year old is begging to wear his tux, but I fear it might be a little over the top.

Ok, let me explain. You have in a week two "called" gala-evenings.

Then you can wear tuxedo, including the children, often Italian children do wear tux with pleasure. All will illuminate your children full of joy. The photographers will tear at you.

But ... you need not to wear a tux, a jacket, blazer, suit with tie is ok.

Children will be forgiven everything.

You understand? (A real Tux you wear in Europe going into the Opera.)

You need not feel overdressed, but you should not wear jeans.

Minimum is jacket with tie. It has to do with respect for the crew and your table mates. For "casual" evenings you can wear what you want,

"elegant" means no jeans please. For a man, a jacket is allways good.

You will not have a "Captains table" where a tux is a must.

We had great gala-evenings in suit and Dior. You can do what you want!

It depends a little on the time. In summer the level is a little bit lower, in winter you have more better clothes :rolleyes:.

We like it to be rather better dressed than to poor. But we go by car with lot of luggage (4 cases per week) and are not restricted like in a plane.

Tip: go outside a 17:45 before first seating to the lobby and take a look at the people. You will see the difference at once and you know what to wear. If you like to wear Dior and Armani, do it. If not, a good costume.

My opinion: The first trips of Preciosa will be more cruise-people with suits.

On Divina there is no adult-only aera. (Except the Spa) Even not the aft-pool (infinity). Maybe the new Preciosa has, like Splendida, the infinity made only for adults. But it is only a little plate at the wall noone sees.

I have never seen anyone from the crew who chased the children.

Maybe, a few German pensioners complain. This is normal.;)

Children cruising with MSC have more permits than paying adults.:)

Of course you can!! You have to! All bars have great machines. Outside and inside. You might have more than 15 places to get cappuccino.

otherwise I would not be on the ship.

Somewhere i posted the DIVINA pictures...wait...look here.

Deck 16. Aft. We do the same. But at the smoking side.

6.jpg

GardenBar, Ship was completly full, Sun is shining in December, and enough seats and space. Believe me, the ship is big, you always find a quiet place. I find it, so you do! See the stairs in front, downstairs there´s the bar. :D:D

And finally, does msc offer a luggage storage service or transfer your luggage to the airport for you?

That question i cannot answer. I would take bus/train/taxi to the harbour, leave the luggage there and .... go to the city.

Archived