Best trip for swimming with turtles?

needabreakcanada

Is the actual beach free? Just pay for chairs or the boat ride? Thanks again. Have a nice trip and please tell us about your experience!

Yes--the beach is free. You can spread out your towels anywhere. 😊

Since our vacation last year spoiled us with snorkeling, I don't think we'll ever do a (crowded) ship excursion ever again (IF we ever get on a ship in the Caribbean again). I booked all independent vendors and my husband was SO glad I did! (He was one of those who would book thru the ship simply because he didn't want to worry about missing the ship. He was glad I convinced him to trust me this past summer :D )

The funny thing was, while sitting on Jalousie Beach all day in St. Lucia, we knew exactly which people arriving were with the cruise line. ALL wearing life vests was the first clue :p ....looked like an over-full boat was the 2nd! :eek:

Yeah, the ship excursion I mentioned was on our very first cruise, we book private tours exclusively now. In Europe you can spot the ship tours because you will see a great sea of people with the little circle stickers on their shirts.

I see Carnival offers an afternoon "Sea Turtle & Shipwreck Snorkel". It looks like it's on the Thriller boat and leaves at 12:30pm. Has anyone done an afternoon sea turtle excursion? Are there plenty of turtles to see that time of day?

• 2 months later...
Is it better to do the excursions in the morning or afternoon for the turtle snorkel?

Txs

Much better in the morning, before the water gets all churned up. And it's nicer if you can do a private excursion instead of through the ship, so you can get there before the ship's people get there.

Much better in the morning, before the water gets all churned up. And it's nicer if you can do a private excursion instead of through the ship, so you can get there before the ship's people get there.

RhondaC, I read that you were there recently and thanks again for all your reviews! Could I please ask you if you regret not going with a day long private excursion in Barbados? Or did you have a wonderful day at the Boatyard and with going out with Neville for a mini-trip?

RhondaC, I read that you were there recently and thanks again for all your reviews! Could I please ask you if you regret not going with a day long private excursion in Barbados? Or did you have a wonderful day at the Boatyard and with going out with Neville for a mini-trip?

With all of the cruises we have been on, I can honestly say that this Barbados day was one of the best days ever!! If/when we go back there, we will do exactly the same thing! :)

With all of the cruises we have been on, I can honestly say that this Barbados day was one of the best days ever!! If/when we go back there, we will do exactly the same thing! :)

Thanks so much! We have so many private excursions booked that the pricing is starting to get out of hand! :o Good to know that we can "follow your lead" and head to Carlisle on our own. One more question please: it is just my husband and I, do you think we should head to the Boatyard or to Lobster Alive?

Thanks so much! We have so many private excursions booked that the pricing is starting to get out of hand! :o Good to know that we can "follow your lead" and head to Carlisle on our own. One more question please: it is just my husband and I, do you think we should head to the Boatyard or to Lobster Alive?

We looked at both, and definitely Boatyard! There was really nothing to see or do at Lobster Alive. I think that place is better in the evenings.