Meet & Mingle gift exchange information, please.

Elvez

Sailing 3/24, on the Mariner and would like some info about the gift exchange. I have seen this done only once and should have asked for information at that time but didn't. My traveling companion and I would like to participate.

Sailing 3/24, on the Mariner and would like some info about the gift exchange. I have seen this done only once and should have asked for information at that time but didn't. My traveling companion and I would like to participate.

This would be something to ask on your roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1608947

Yes, you start by posting on your roll call and seeing if there is interest.

An approximate dollar amount is selected and possibly a theme...something from home state, something for a holiday...you can even do Male gifts/Female gifts/child gifts.

At the M&M those that bring a gift draw numbers (or any method selected by the group) and the gifts are exchanged. There are different ways to do the exchange. Select a gift and it is yours or select a gift, open it and let everyone see that gift, then the next person up can either steal a gift previously opened or take pot luck selecting one that was not opened.

It is usually lots of fun and I have seen some really nice gifts. We got a can of Williamsburg peanuts. Liked it so much that DH has been buying them by the case off the internet!

Have fun!

Archived