Guarantee catagory question

I know that this is probably answered somewhere on this board but I haven't been able to find it. I am a longtime cruiser and have cruised with RCI several times previously so I am already a C&A member (Platinum - not that it matters) but DH has never cruised with RCI before and as such does not have a C&A account.

DH booked our April cruise on Oasis back in December. We originally booked a Cat "D2" but before final payment, we did an upgrade to a Cat "W". Here is the question........

When I log into my C&A account, the reservation shows our stateroom as "Junior Suite Guarantee" but when I use DHs name (he is shown as primary passenger) and go through the Online Check-In page, it shows the stateroom as being "Deluxe Guarantee". Is there a difference? If yes, what is the difference? and finally, if there is no difference, why would they show it differently under each name (we do not share a last name)?

I appreciate any help that can be given in answer to my questions. The posters on CC seem to be the most knowledgeable and helpful I have found.

Melissa :)

I had the same question a month ago and called RCI. They didn't explain why it said deluxe room guarentee instead of suite guarentee, but they assured me I would at least get a junior suite. The following day my cabin number appeared and it was a junior suite.

Archived