Grand Turk

fizzy

I have noticed much discussion on other boards about ships skipping Grand Turk due to a possible island illness. How would SS likely handle this? Might they substitute another port if there is actually an island health issue and when migfht they decide? Thanks to anyone.

If Silversea needs to adjust an itinerary, they normally opt for a nearby port that can accomodate the ship. It's not unusual for the captain to face this kind of decision, although the reasons are usually related to weather or local political situations.

Silversea is meticulous in watching out for its passengers. They won't take you anywhere that's not safe, for any reason. I agree with Mr. Luxury that if you have a particular cruise in mind your best bet is to call Silversea and ask what their plans are, as of now.

My understanding is that several big ships were port and a G.I. illness of undetermined origin has been reported. Whether it was passed between the passengers or from a source on the island remains unclear. We have never felt anything but confident when sailing with SS.

I'm on the Spirit now and we have a sea day instead of Grand Turk tomorrow. To compensate, instead of a sea day today, we are at ... oh ugh ... Nassau.

We're doing Nassau again next week, it's very annoying that they couldn't find a better alternative to GT, going to Nassau once on a cruise is bad enough, but twice ... :(

It's particularly upsetting for me as I bought a plane ticket for a very dear friend of mine who lives in Provo to fly over so we could spend the day together in GT - of course I understand that ports can be missed for many reasons, but that doesn't stop it being upsetting - I'll just need a few more than usual 'Silver Spirits' (my favourite cocktail) to achieve that cruisin' mood.

Archived