Friends & Family Sale!!!!!!!!!

Well I guess that's why!

i did not book early saver and have paid in full...I thought they would still offer an upgrade or OBC.

You can get an upgrade if you pay difference I was not booked on Es and was able to upgrade to an OV from inside for $90.00.

I called my PVP and got upgraded from cove balcony to spa balcony for nothing! I had booked past guest so didn't qualify for OBC. That would have been a $400 credit! It's our first balcony an was even considering the $249 for the spa access!! 62 days left! :)

Totally bummed...I waited on hold for a little over an hour, because I didn't believe what my computer was showing me...The past guest family/friend sale rate wasn't even coming up as a option for my upcoming June cruise. Carnival rep told me it's not being offered on my cruise...only for the suites. So no chance of any price drops as the current rate is $900 more than what I paid and I don't think I am willing to spend an additional $1300 for my family of 4 to move to a suite...and I was so excited to see what this "sale" was going to offer!!!

CHECK YOUR CRUISE RATES!!!!

I just received an additional $680.00 in OBC due a price adjustment from the Friends and Family sale going on right now! I saw the sale advertised and made a faux reservation only to find out there was a BIG difference.

After filling out my OBC request form I received an automated email saying that I would here something within 7-days. Two hours later I had the OBC added to my account - INCREDIBLE!!!!

Did you get a message about credit or just checked your booking?

Totally bummed...I waited on hold for a little over an hour, because I didn't believe what my computer was showing me...The past guest family/friend sale rate wasn't even coming up as a option for my upcoming June cruise. Carnival rep told me it's not being offered on my cruise...only for the suites. So no chance of any price drops as the current rate is $900 more than what I paid and I don't think I am willing to spend an additional $1300 for my family of 4 to move to a suite...and I was so excited to see what this "sale" was going to offer!!!

What ship and sail date?

So I spent 50 minutes on hold and then got a customer service rep without a clue. She claimed that we weren't ES, that she could only "upgrade" us from a Junior Suite to an obstructed view, and several other nonsense things. And then, as I was trying to figure out what she meant, we were disconnected. My connection was fine, and I'm pretty sure she hung up on me.

So I called back and went through the new reservations line. I explained what had just happened and within five minutes the direct sales rep had put my request in, and then we had a great conversation about her upcoming first cruise. It was a strange way to get there, but it turned out to be a pretty positive experience. Wish I could have the first hour back, though.

I called my PVP and got upgraded from cove balcony to spa balcony for nothing! I had booked past guest so didn't qualify for OBC. That would have been a $400 credit! It's our first balcony an was even considering the $249 for the spa access!! 62 days left! :)

I read somewhere that if you are upgraded to a spa suite the spa facility access is not automatically included in your fare, so you may want to call your PVP to confirm that access is included! :-)

I just called about my Fascination cruise in May. I booked a couple of months ago and I don't recall exactly what I booked - but it was not early saver. I am also paid in full. I went through a mock booking and found that I could save $230 if I cancelled my current booking and rebooked through this Friends and Family deal. I called and spoke with someone (was on the phone less than 10 mites total) and just asked "Do I have any other options besides canceling and rebooking?" She said that was not necessary and she would be more than happy to help me. So, in 7-10 days I should get $230 credit onto my card.

Now if they would just extend the sail to cover September booking...:p

I'm wondering how some receive such big $$$, too. Through the past guest/ friends family sale we received $60 price drop, but that's only $30 per person - not anywhere near what others are commenting they are getting. On one hand I'm pleased for the decrease, but I'm also kind of disappointed when others are posting triple that!

I'm guessing it has to do with cabin category? There's still 4 cabins left in my category so I was hoping for much more than $60 savings. We still have about two months until final payment - maybe there will be additional drops?

It has to do with sailing date. It is covering summer sales which are usually much more than sept. oct. cruises. So, basically, they are trying to fill the ships in the summer, by dropping the to rates that are closer to the fall rates, which obviously aren't full yet, and they just want their ships to sail full. full ships give them lots of onboard revenue.

I have 3 cabins booked for the June 18, 2013 Splendor cruise. Only one of the cabin types had the Friends and Family sale option showing. The other two only listed Fun Select and Fun Select Plus. The ones that didn't have the sale were both 3 person cabins. I think for the most part these are sold out on our cruise, so they aren't offering the sale prices. Maybe it is something like that for yours too.

Maggie

I'm wondering how some receive such big $$$, too. Through the past guest/ friends family sale we received $60 price drop, but that's only $30 per person - not anywhere near what others are commenting they are getting. On one hand I'm pleased for the decrease, but I'm also kind of disappointed when others are posting triple that!

I'm guessing it has to do with cabin category? There's still 4 cabins left in my category so I was hoping for much more than $60 savings. We still have about two months until final payment - maybe there will be additional drops?

The summer cruise fare was high. I am booked on july 20th on the breeze. I booked Early saver for a balcony on panarama deck. The fare was $1624 per person. Now I am the spa deck for $1329 per person. I am grateful for the decrease. Final payment is'nt due to May 6th, so Carnival adjusted the balance due.

I have 3 cabins booked for the June 18, 2013 Splendor cruise. Only one of the cabin types had the Friends and Family sale option showing. The other two only listed Fun Select and Fun Select Plus. The ones that didn't have the sale were both 3 person cabins. I think for the most part these are sold out on our cruise, so they aren't offering the sale prices. Maybe it is something like that for yours too.

Maggie

I would call direct to Carnival 800#, I had to make a slight change in our cabin and got thru in less than 5 minutes just a few minutes ago . Any good PVP that may ansewr will make your cruise rate up to date w/o having to wait for the form approval. Thats how we always do our's direct not form.

I waited on hold for an hour and a half last night. Since I booked more the merrier I couldn't get any obc. And since my cruise is selling out there are no ocean views left so we couldn't get an upgrade. Darn! At least I'm going on a cruise tho!

CHECK YOUR CRUISE RATES!!!!

I just received an additional $680.00 in OBC due a price adjustment from the Friends and Family sale going on right now! I saw the sale advertised and made a faux reservation only to find out there was a BIG difference.

After filling out my OBC request form I received an automated email saying that I would here something within 7-days. Two hours later I had the OBC added to my account - INCREDIBLE!!!!

$680 for one cabin! :eek: I only got $60

Archived