Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

26 minutes ago, grey traveller said:

not like the balcony suites on level 6.midship.Shower was so very small about 2ft X3ft ar best with no room th turn around and a plastic curtain.Not a good look for a luvurt ship

I believe the cabins on deck are not suites 8049 is a club continent suite

Cabin Number  -  8041

Ship   -  Azamara Journey

Month/Year sailed  -   November 2018

Would you choose this room again - Yes

Is noise an issue - No

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller - None (Inside Cabin)

Any other comments (keeping these succinct so the spreadsheet does not grow too much) - Small but functional. Plenty of wardrobe space plus storage under bed. Housekeeping keep a cart right outside the door.

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin Number - 8003

Ship - Journey

Month/Year sailed - 11/2018

Would you choose this room again Y/N - Y

Is noise an issue Y/N - No  -  occasional noise from above but nothing terrible

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller - Normal for veranda stateroom

Bathroom very small but served its purpose.  Decent water pressure in shower.  Veranda was great for breakfast.

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin Number = 7028

Ship = Journey

Month/Year sailed = December 2018

Would you choose this room again Y/N = Y

Is noise an issue Y/N = N

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller = Normal

Any other comments = 7028 has only an aft neighbor. You share a wall / balcony attachment with one cabin, not two.

On 10/22/2018 at 8:09 AM, excitedofharpenden said:
Cabin Number 6046

Ship Journey

Month/Year sailed Sept 2018

Would you choose this room again Y

Is noise an issue N

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller n/a

Any other comments Quiet.  Probably one of the better views out of lifeboat restricted window.  Wardrobe more accessible, but small cabin with no table.

Phil, you da man!  Many thanks for reviewing our cabin, upcoming in late January 2019.  So heartened that tender noise was not an issue for you.  Thanks again.  

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2017 at 12:37 PM, cruisingaussies said:

Thanks, Anne for this spreadsheet, so useful!

We are thinking of booking Journey cabin 6027 and I see there are good comments on the spread sheet. Wondering if anyone can assure me that, as it is an interconnecting cabin, there is no noise issue from the connected cabin?

Thanks

Brenda

Hi Brenda 

In the end did you book cabin 6027 on Journey back in 2017?

We are looking to book the same cabin on the port side and we are wondering if the interconnecting door is a problem. Is there much noise coming through the door, and do they have seat to place the lost couch?

Thanks

Brendan

On 9/26/2016 at 5:02 PM, upwarduk said:

Cabin # 6069

Catagory V2

Ship Quest

Location approx 6 cabins aft of aft lifts. I do not consider that to be mid- ships as told at booking. I consider midships to between forward and aft lifts.

Month sailed September 2016.

Would you choose this room again. Yes

Is noise an issue No

Balcony size Normal

Comments

No noise even though a crew door was opposite.

This is what I wrote after sailing in 6069 but it was on Quest. 

Aussie Bren.

The attached picture shows part of the double ‘love seat,’ which my husband and I could just about share.

E95FC652-9E5C-4343-B3FB-F5B27FAF6678.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

9 hours ago, Aussie Bren said:

Hi Brenda 

In the end did you book cabin 6027 on Journey back in 2017?

We are looking to book the same cabin on the port side and we are wondering if the interconnecting door is a problem. Is there much noise coming through the door, and do they have seat to place the lost couch?

Thanks

Brendan

Hi Brendan,  we have sailed in 7025 on Quest which has a connecting door with 7027.  No noise issues at all.  Its also a good spot on deck 6 as you're far enough away from the Cabaret Lounge below,  and are close enough to the stairs / elevators.  David

Edited by 150edmiston

On 1/31/2019 at 7:57 AM, upwarduk said:

This is what I wrote after sailing in 6069 but it was on Quest. 

Aussie Bren.

The attached picture shows part of the double ‘love seat,’ which my husband and I could just about share.

E95FC652-9E5C-4343-B3FB-F5B27FAF6678.jpeg

Just to be correct, Brendan is talking about 6027 (and presumably 6024 on the other side) and it is a connecting cabin that has a convertible sofa chair rather than a loveseat as you have pictured.  The convertible chair looks like this.  The adjoining cabin next to these have the loveseat.  You can tell because 6027 and 6024 have a black square on the deck plan.  

PhilIMG_1795.JPG.17ddf19eb2c6e87cee4af3cb97930df7.JPGchair.jpg.5c0e751c93ad418536d4574893f9b302.jpg

6045 (Journey) - We loved this and would book again. Midships location minimizes ship motion. Silent at all hours in terms of other humans and ship operations. Window view not very obstructed. You can see the ocean easily enough through the windows of the lifeboat that rests just outside. See pic. Shower is microscopic but no smaller than others. Thing about 6045 is this: obstructed view makes it a good value. Lots and lots of clothes hangars too. More closet and drawer space than we expected. Our big suitcases easily fit under the bed. 

15490364484353404542198007325731.jpg

Azamara Quest December 2018

Club Continent Suite 8054

great position near lifts and  aft stairs

bed faces forward

has single chair that folds out to be a bed

( very uncomfortable to sit on without cushions behind your back as are the new chairs in the suites), much preferred the sofas

has a bathtub.

the position of the sliding door in this suite was bad, you had to continually duck around the table/chair to get to the balcony as it was off centre to the left of the room

woukd we book again , yes

Noise issues- some but not bad- high heels at night 

balcony long and comfy 

storage fantastic

butler and cabin crew fabulous

definitely recommend this cabin 

Edited by davwen81

Stateroom Number - 6045
Ship - Journey

Month/Year sailed - January 24, 2019

Would you choose this room again Y/N -Yes. Nothing not to love, and a great value with a nice (obstructed) view of one of the lifeboats. 

Is noise an issue Y/N - No. None at all. Dead silent in terms of both other humans and ship sounds. Far enough from elevators and public areas.

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller - None. A pauper's paradise. 

Any other comments - Good:  bed comfort, room layout offered surprisingly ample clothing storage, big suitcases fit under the bed, nice flat screen TV but not HD (if you are spoiled by this at home, this will disappoint).
Things I wish could be changed but they cannot be-  Bathroom only accomodates minimal toiletries, shower is oddly trapezoidal and compact. Shower curtain did not billow in on us as reported by some. Like anything, you get used to it. 
One more thing - Head of the bed is toward stern of the ship.  You cruise feet first.  In terms of ship motion this is hard to discern, unless like me, you internalize it. Big busy days will allow the zzzz's to overcome this oddity, though. 

Edited by boss61
more detail

Cabin Number 7000

Ship Journey

Month/Year sailed Oct 2018

Would you choose this room again N

Is noise an issue N

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller Larger than normal

Any other comments Good forward view. Sliding door LEAKED badly when rain hit it during night, soaking carpet. 9hrs to dry it out. Musty smell in cabin, clearly an ongoing problem.

IMG_1336.JPG

Stateroom Number - 4068
Ship - Pursuit

Month/Year sailed - January, 2019

Would you choose this room again Y/N -Yes.

Is noise an issue Y/N - No. Had a bit of noise from above on a couple of nights, but wasn't enough to wake my husband.

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller - N/A. 

Any other comments - Loved the location of this cabin and the unobstructed view..  Noise was minimal, as there was minimal foot traffic and a dividing wall across from the cabin (for the newly added section of cabins on Pursuit).

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2017 at 4:05 PM, laurieb said:

Quest, Category VX 7121

Standard size cabin with a much larger verandah than other cabins. Deck 7 is a perfect location, very quiet. Very peaceful watching the ships' wake! The table is much larger than other balcony cabins so it's easier to eat outside. Unlike verandahs in other categories, the aft verandah seemed to lack privacy; people standing at the edge are very visible, on the sides and up and down. Also, got a very good look at the guest staying in the adjoining cabin through the glass divider as the mirror reflected them into our cabin; please use caution regarding what you are or are not wearing!

We did have soot on our table and chairs every morning, and sometimes the smell of diesel fuel was quite strong.

I've wanted to stay in an aft balcony cabin since we started sailing on the R ships in 2003 and I'm happy I have had the opportunity to do so. If the price was the same as standard balconies I might choose this cabin again, but I wouldn't pay a premium for it.

Just have been in 7121 on Journey at the March 1st 2019 voyage.

I want to underline what laurieb said about soot and espacially smell of exhaust gases. The first days of our cruise we went upwind and although the balcony was cleaned regularly from soot you could not sit outside and enjoy breakfast because the smell was so strong. Actually we even had to close the balcony door at night because of the stinking exhaust gases. And one of the main reasons for us to chosse a balcony cabin ist to sleep at open windows! 

On the way back to Miami the wind was more from behind and there were much less problems with soot and smell.

We did know what to expect concerning privacy and this was not a problem for us.

The larger size of the balcony and the view of the wake are of course big advantages oft an aft cabin. But like laurieb we only would take an aft balcony again at a very good rate because oft the smell issues, otherwise we'd prefer a standard balcony at the side. 

12 minutes ago, Stelvio69 said:

Just have been in 7121 on Journey at the March 1st 2019 voyage.

I want to underline what laurieb said about soot and espacially smell of exhaust gases. The first days of our cruise we went upwind and although the balcony was cleaned regularly from soot you could not sit outside and enjoy breakfast because the smell was so strong. Actually we even had to close the balcony door at night because of the stinking exhaust gases. And one of the main reasons for us to chosse a balcony cabin ist to sleep at open windows! 

On the way back to Miami the wind was more from behind and there were much less problems with soot and smell.

We did know what to expect concerning privacy and this was not a problem for us.

The larger size of the balcony and the view of the wake are of course big advantages oft an aft cabin. But like laurieb we only would take an aft balcony again at a very good rate because oft the smell issues, otherwise we'd prefer a standard balcony at the side. 

This is disappointing, as we have this cabin for our upcoming Alaska cruise. We had the cabin directly below it on deck 6 last summer and did not experience any of those issues 

6 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

This is disappointing, as we have this cabin for our upcoming Alaska cruise. We had the cabin directly below it on deck 6 last summer and did not experience any of those issues 

We've had verandas and owner's suites on the stern, most recently on Pursuit's deck 8 two months ago, and found minimal soot and no smell.

1 hour ago, marinaro44 said:

We've had verandas and owner's suites on the stern, most recently on Pursuit's deck 8 two months ago, and found minimal soot and no smell.

I think it has a lot to do with wind direction and speed of the ship.