Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

4 hours ago, aerobee said:

We'll be on Journey this Summer, in a V2 Veranda cabin. Four nights on land and 16 nights on board.

It appears the two of us will be packing in three checked-bag-size suitcases and two overhead-rack-size suitcases (I know we should travel lighter, but what can I say).

Is there room to store these five pieces in the cabin after we empty them? They don't fit one within the other.

Thanks!

Plenty of room under the bed.

Recently stayed in 8045 suite cabin Azamara Quest

Had to have the shower door repaired water leaked all over bathroom floor

once repaired shower worked fine

suite in good shape  balcony size was fine  / suite size

some noise from above during early morning and after the white night celebration

We enjoyed the cabin and would book this again  Our cruise was the Quest / Alaska June 2019

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

we returned recently from the Azamara Pursuit in Club World Owners Suite. 

Loved it.

Room 7114

Great Size

Help if anyone can. The beds were the most comfortable beds we have ever slept on. I looked all over and can’t find it. Does anyone know the type of sheets, comforter, bedding they use?

i would love to purchase for my home

Thanks is advance 

Azamara Journey 

March 1, 2019

World CLub Owners Suite 6068

Magnificent! Some noise due to vibrations first night cruising. This room is in close proximity to the engines, hence the vibration at full cruising speed. Huge balcony, huge bathroom, no issues.  

Azamara Pursuit

8088 Club World Owners. Loved everything about it. 

Had read comments about scraping chairs noise from Windows open deck above and we did hear it but it didn’t bother us at all.

The balcony was huge with 2 sunbeds and 1 reclining chair too. Balcony slightly narrower than owners’ suites on lower decks. Loved having 2 toilets. What a treat, one each!

• Like 1

Cabin Number  -  8052

Ship   -  Azamara Quest

Month/Year sailed  -   July 2019

Would you choose this room again - Probably not

Is noise an issue - occasional chair noises from above. 

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller - Larger

Any other comments: awarded this cabin from our upgrade bid, would not choose this suite due to the tub. Door to veranda is in the center, rather than off to the side which can be awkward due to the big chair, we requested a smaller chair for our table and that solved the “problem”.

Plus of this cabin is the midship location.

19 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Journey Verandah cabin 6015

Standard verandah cabin. Some noise from rehearsals and shows in Caberet. We would not book it again (had no choice as it was a 'bid for' upgrade)

Exactly the reason why I will never bid on this new upgrade program, may has well just book a guarantee cabin, just a lottery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

Exactly the reason why I will never bid on this new upgrade program, may has well just book a guarantee cabin, just a lottery.

Spot on.  My views of this bidding system are endorsed more and more.  Stick with a window cabin in a spot I like and know well or bid and get a balcony in a noisy place and not an ideal location (and pay for the privilege)?  I know what I'll be doing. 

Phil 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Spot on.  My views of this bidding system are endorsed more and more.  Stick with a window cabin in a spot I like and know well or bid and get a balcony in a noisy place and not an ideal location (and pay for the privilege)?  I know what I'll be doing. 

Phil 

Yes if you want a balcony pay for it upfront why risk noise and spoiler cabins. If my budget isn’t for a balcony I’d book an OV and not risk having a less than ideal experience for my hard earned cash for the sake of a few square feet outside 

5 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Normally I'd agree but, for this cruise with such wonderful scenery, having a balcony at a price much less than we would have paid if we'd booked it actually outweighed the noise from show rehearsals from the Caberet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Normally I'd agree but, for this cruise with such wonderful scenery, having a balcony at a price much less than we would have paid if we'd booked it actually outweighed the noise from show rehearsals from the Caberet.

I think I’d rather have a quieter room and walk up to deck 5. Everyone is different. Can you give more details on when noise was evident and was any time much louder than others. It would help for the spreadsheet 

7 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Good for you on this occasion but I still think that it's a lottery and I will not play

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, uktog said:

I think I’d rather have a quieter room and walk up to deck 5. Everyone is different. Can you give more details on when noise was evident and was any time much louder than others. It would help for the spreadsheet 

We noticed it in the late afternoons mostly. One night we went to bed early before the end of the show & heard it then as well - the noise you hear is mainly the drums. Voices don't carry.

1 hour ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

We noticed it in the late afternoons mostly. One night we went to bed early before the end of the show & heard it then as well - the noise you hear is mainly the drums. Voices don't carry.

Thanks I will try and update the sheet this weekend with all the recent updates 

On 7/12/2019 at 9:22 AM, uktog said:

Thanks I will try and update the sheet this weekend with all the recent updates 

Can I ask what time the shows finish on Azamara and if there is any music(or other noise) after that audible at the front of deck 6.

Also, can I ask if there is vibration or other noise in general towards the back of the ships?  I am looking for the spreadsheet link to look for that, but it may be difficult to get a generalisation from there as people vary in their reaction to things like vibration.  I am reasonably sensitive to it. 

Edited by tring

1 minute ago, uktog said:

Around 22.45.  Not aware if any sound travels up from the Den, wouldn't have thought so, it goes on until nearer midnight

Thank you very much.  I see the den is at the middle of prom deck - I am assuming it just a bar with live music, rather than a club type area.  Am I right about that?

6 minutes ago, tring said:

Thank you very much.  I see the den is at the middle of prom deck - I am assuming it just a bar with live music, rather than a club type area.  Am I right about that?

Yes it is, thats why I think sound won't travel  Its the only other entertainment on Deck 5

I would certainly avoid the cabins upfront on Deck 6

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tring said:

Can I ask what time the shows finish on Azamara and if there is any music(or other noise) after that audible at the front of deck 6.

Also, can I ask if there is vibration or other noise in general towards the back of the ships?  I am looking for the spreadsheet link to look for that, but it may be difficult to get a generalisation from there as people vary in their reaction to things like vibration.  I am reasonably sensitive to it. 

We had no noise at all after the end of the show in 6015.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tring said:

I stayed in aft cabin 7116 (in May) and there was vibration, usually when the ship was maneuvering into docks.  It woke me me up, but I didn't mind as I took it as an opportunity to take in the early morning views.  If may bother you or others.

• Like 1

Thanks for those last two replies.  Well I got an email inviting us to bid for a balcony cabin earlier this afternoon and have gone for it, bidding just £10pp over the minimum.  Today is 93 days out by my calculations, but our cruise (on Pursuit) seems to have loads of availability, but not on OV cabins, which we have booked.  Errrrr we are first timers with Az and do not want to put this on the upgrade bid thread at present as I would likely be growled at by a good number of Az regulars.  Will feed back regards the result, which is what you ask for .......... as long as the growling is not too ferocious at the time 🙂

We do not normally book guarantee cabins and do feel we have been very carefree about this (or perhaps stupid is a better word), but it is only a week, so we can sleep when we get home, or in our hotel in Rome.  Would not be risking it for a long haul holiday, which is the sort of thing we are considering on Az, combined with land holiday.  TBH what would bother me most regards a cabin is finding ourselves in a cabin with an adjoining door, as that could mean problems throughout the day and night and I do see the Az ships do have some adjoining doors.  We have had that sort of problem in hotels with snoring or just loud voices. Yes perhaps we are a bit mad..........

We got the upgrade bid email and did it on line direct, yet we had booked through an agent.  The agent did say when I made the final payment that the it was going straight through to Celebrity, rather than to themselves (one of the large Cruise clubs based in Liverpool) in that instance. 

Edited by tring