Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

44 minutes ago, tring said:

.....I am amazed that this response has happened.  I accept different people may want something different and may comment regards their preferences, but some posters seem to have a complete objection to the fact that I have commented in the first place, with some comments even implying that I am not telling the truth or have caused a problem by even mentioning it in the first place.  The pillows we had most certainly collapsed and I do not see how anyone who was not in our cabin could say otherwise.....

I must agree with your assessment, that was exactly my thinking when I read the posts from others on the subject of pillows. Surely we are all mature enough to recognise that 'one (wo)mans meat is another mans poison'....and accept that fact!

• Like 6

9 hours ago, hamrag said:
9 hours ago, tring said:

.....I am amazed that this response has happened.  I accept different people may want something different and may comment regards their preferences, but some posters seem to have a complete objection to the fact that I have commented in the first place, with some comments even implying that I am not telling the truth or have caused a problem by even mentioning it in the first place.  The pillows we had most certainly collapsed and I do not see how anyone who was not in our cabin could say otherwise.....

I must agree with your assessment, that was exactly my thinking when I read the posts from others on the subject of pillows. Surely we are all mature enough to recognise that 'one (wo)mans meat is another mans poison'....and accept that fact!

+1 to this.  Don't understand so many people objecting harshly to another person's opinion.

• Like 3

Cabin:  8036

Ship:  Pursuit

Date:  26Oct19

Choose Again:  N

Noise:  Yes

Balcony Size: table, three chairs

Early morning (6:00-6:30am) noise from the pool deck above was a problem for me (light sleeper) but not for my husband.  Beautiful, soft cabin décor. Bathtub with nice shower.

7 hours ago, Fridaynightlights said:

RE: Cabin 6089

Ship: Journey

Can anyone give us a description of the "partially enclosed balcony" in Journey cabin 6089?

What percentage of the view is blocked? Can two people sit on the balcony and still see out?

Thanks

We have stayed in a similar cabin and found it to be fine, the view is only slightly blocked, the top corner is angled off.

Still plenty of room on the balcony and it makes it more private has you only have the glass partition on one side.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin - 7007

Ship - Pursuit

Date - 13 November 2019

Choose Again - Yes

Noise - a little

Noise from Bow thrusters when coming into & leaving the dock.

Extra large Ocean View cabin as it’s next to Balcony cabins & incorporates that extra space into the cabin. Has a very large round window. 

• 2 weeks later...

We've bought an upgrade to a balcony cabin (allocated as 6085) and I'm a bit worried from a noise viewpoint that it's directly above Discoveries Restaurant.  I've looked at the spreadsheet and it's not mentioned but I wondered if anyone had any specific comments?

5 hours ago, amp-qld said:

We've bought an upgrade to a balcony cabin (allocated as 6085) and I'm a bit worried from a noise viewpoint that it's directly above Discoveries Restaurant.  I've looked at the spreadsheet and it's not mentioned but I wondered if anyone had any specific comments?

We had a cabin in the front (6018) & thought it was loud being over the cabaret so we tried 6079 (in the back right near your 6085) and thought it was great! Very quiet & convenient to everything. We liked that back area of deck 6 so much we booked 6075 for our next cruise. Do not worry about noise from Discoveries, it's a great area in our opinion. 

5 minutes ago, 3girlsmom said:

We had a cabin in the front (6018) & thought it was loud being over the cabaret so we tried 6079 (in the back right near your 6085) and thought it was great! Very quiet & convenient to everything. We liked that back area of deck 6 so much we booked 6075 for our next cruise. Do not worry about noise from Discoveries, it's a great area in our opinion. 

3girlsmom, Thanks for that.  We're looking forward to our first Azamara cruise.

• Like 1

Cabin - 6088 Owner's Suite

Ship - Journey

Date - June 2019

Choose Again - Yes

Noise - only when going into Port, (or leaving) we got used to it.

This is an Owner's Suite so the balcony is large.  Two loungers, table with 4 chairs and two extra chairs with foot stools

cabin 7081 on Quest:

No noise issues despite there being a crew door opposite, very convenient because of midship position and near aft elevators, very occasionally we heard the "ping" sound of the elevator.

Air condition could have worked better - the bathroom always felt hot and humid and the mirror took ages to clear up. A slight smell of badly maintained air condition in the cabin as well - as my sinuses told me.

I would still book this cabin again.

Question regarding cabin 6058 ( next to partition/wall) on "Pursuit":

As we wanted to book a regular V balcony category cabin for our 2020 cruise on "Pursuit" we chose a V3 as the V1/V2's left to book were too much forward to our liking.

So we chose 6058 as we quite like deck 6 even if deck 7 is our favourite. I'm a bit worried though of possible noise issues because of the wall between 6058 and 6060 and the fact that this cabin is above the restroom on deck 5 and near to the kitchen of the Discoveries restaurant. We could still move further aft 6070 onwards towards the stern if there was a problem with this cabin.

Thank you for your answers.

On 12/11/2019 at 11:46 AM, grayjay said:

Question regarding cabin 6058 ( next to partition/wall) on "Pursuit":

As we wanted to book a regular V balcony category cabin for our 2020 cruise on "Pursuit" we chose a V3 as the V1/V2's left to book were too much forward to our liking.

So we chose 6058 as we quite like deck 6 even if deck 7 is our favourite. I'm a bit worried though of possible noise issues because of the wall between 6058 and 6060 and the fact that this cabin is above the restroom on deck 5 and near to the kitchen of the Discoveries restaurant. We could still move further aft 6070 onwards towards the stern if there was a problem with this cabin.

Thank you for your answers.

I was in 6058 on Pursuit and I moved.  I was plagued by banging from below which I put down to the door to the restroom.  I went down and sat in the little alcove in Mosaic one morning and watched that door and the heavy wooden ones to the Promenade Deck slam shut.  I tried further back (it might have been 6070 or 6072 and had noise again from below.  That side is over the kitchens.  I moved to the other side of the ship. 6067.  Third time lucky.  It was fine.  If I were to advise you from my own personal experience, choose a cabin on the starboard side.

I will say that Pursuit seemed to have a lot more rattles and slamming than either Journey or Quest.  The rattling balcony dividers in some of the cabins drove me nuts.  Stuffed with cardboard it would last a day or two and then back to usual.

Phil

• Like 1

I have found exactly the same problem with a balcony dividers rattling and not just on Pursuit.

It was reported but never fixed properly, it seems that small annoying things like that are just ignored or not considered important enough to fix.

Edited by Bloodaxe

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I was in 6058 on Pursuit and I moved.  I was plagued by banging from below which I put down to the door to the restroom.  I went down and sat in the little alcove in Mosaic one morning and watched that door and the heavy wooden ones to the Promenade Deck slam shut.  I tried further back (it might have been 6070 or 6072 and had noise again from below.  That side is over the kitchens.  I moved to the other side of the ship. 6067.  Third time lucky.  It was fine.  If I were to advise you from my own personal experience, choose a cabin on the starboard side.

I will say that Pursuit seemed to have a lot more rattles and slamming than either Journey or Quest.  The rattling balcony dividers in some of the cabins drove me nuts.  Stuffed with cardboard it would last a day or two and then back to usual.

Phil

Thank you , Phil, that was very helpful advice. We especially wanted port side for this cruise because there's always a nice view moving up the Spanish coast, but I'll try to get either 6059 or 6067 on starboard side or even 7099 if Azamara agrees , as this is a V2 category. Even though prices have fallen again just two days after we debarked and we have already lost money just by booking onboard. they're still the same for categories V3 and V2. Unfortunately the European branch of Azamara Cruises, contrary to UK offices, have not been really helpful in the past and we have had quite a lot of issues with them. Let's hope for the best.

Thank you again.

Erika

5 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil

Good point

As I reported earlier, for a number of days we had significant rattling in an aft VX stateroom on our Pursuit cruise this October. I believe those staterooms are now Veranda Plus.

With some success, we were using face cloths and towels to deaden some of the worst noises. Don't know where Phil got the cardboard but it seems not to have been any more effective.

Until the problems are solved, we wouldn't book that stateroom again. But then, we wouldn't pay for a Veranda Plus anyway.

It was ok when it was calm, but not when it was windy. I reported it and maintenance put chocks of wood as a fix. Again, it was fine for a day or two and then they fell out caused by the vibrations. Back to cardboard (I used the card at the back of the notepads left in the cabin).  

Phil 

25 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

It was ok when it was calm, but not when it was windy. I reported it and maintenance put chocks of wood as a fix. Again, it was fine for a day or two and then they fell out caused by the vibrations. Back to cardboard (I used the card at the back of the notepads left in the cabin).  

Phil 

This obviously on ongoing problem that needs a permanent solution with some sort of shock absorbing material between the glass and the metal brackets.

Give me a free cruise on each ship and I will soon come up with a fix for them.

On one occasion on boarding day I found the glass partition shattered with jagged edges in the brackets.

I was amazed that the cabin attendants had not reported it and got it repaired before new people moved into the cabin.

I reported it straight away and the partition was replaced later in the day but it still rattled.

Edited by Bloodaxe

Journey. 6072

Balcony Room

Book again No

Noise Yes

Comments. There is a service door opposite this room and despite numerous requests do not shut it quietly so from the minute room service starts in the morning it’s bang bang bang. 
there were also maintenance issues with the plumbing which it took a lot to get escalated reporting it to staterooms attendant gives temporary fixes not proper solutions. 

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising
Duplicate phrase

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin - 6039

Ship - Pursuit

Date - 08 Dec 2019

Choose Again - Yes

Noise - Not that we experienced

Was adequate for our needs. Obstructed view, fwd/aft configuration. No correct cabin plan available online or with our agent. Before booking had to check Oceania website to see the equivilant cabin layout on one of their R class chips to get an idea of the actual layout. No space for sofa/loveseat and only 143 sq ft however lots of open space at the end of the bed to manouvre. Because of the window location there is little flow of natural light however it is the grey colour scheme that exacerbates this.

Very little time spent in the cabin and I can't remember if we were already out for breakfast on the 2 tender days, but heard nothing at all.

21 hours ago, Robson1 said:

Cabin - 6039

Ship - Pursuit

Date - 08 Dec 2019

Choose Again - Yes

Noise - Not that we experienced

Was adequate for our needs. Obstructed view, fwd/aft configuration. No correct cabin plan available online or with our agent. Before booking had to check Oceania website to see the equivilant cabin layout on one of their R class chips to get an idea of the actual layout. No space for sofa/loveseat and only 143 sq ft however lots of open space at the end of the bed to manouvre. Because of the window location there is little flow of natural light however it is the grey colour scheme that exacerbates this.

Very little time spent in the cabin and I can't remember if we were already out for breakfast on the 2 tender days, but heard nothing at all.

EDIT: Cabin 6035, Not 6039

9 hours ago, slidebite said:

Do you have any photos of this cabin? Very interested to see the layout. As you mentioned, very hard to find any photos these cabins that are oriented in this fore/aft direction.

The only one I have is of the bed, It gives you an idea of the light though. I have included the screenshot from Oceania as well though. The layout is identical, just different fittings. 

image.png.47f18840b9c09935167b283c97ec968f.png

image.png.65d944d602ee894aec9099b71914ab54.png

Edited by Robson1

Looking at the T/A out of Miami to Lisbon on the Pursuit. Would appreciate a review of either OV Cabin 6030 or 6033. Both are obstructed and are near the elevators. Any appreciable noise from the elevators? Seems as though the obstruction is one of the smaller type boats. Also, I would not imagine there is much noise coming up from the Cabaret Lounge on Deck 5 or is there?

Thanks in advance for any info provided.

Dave

Doc1.docx

Edited by Floridastorm