Food & Drink... & its REVENGE???

DUBluDvl

Hub, daughter (9) & I will be visiting Cozumel in a couple weeks for a day port & are thinking of renting or hiring a car to see the island (first time for this).

I see folks taking about the places they stop to eat & drink, but I am PETRIFIED of bringing Montezuma's revenge (or worse yet all 3 of us!) back on the boat!!?? PLEASE help with info on how y'all avoid/prevent this (& no, I can't just 'tough it out' for the sake of the experience) :D

THANKS!

When I was in Cozumel I ate and drank on the east side of the island as part of the Cozumel Bar Hop. I ate the food at one bar/restaurant and drank in all four bars. I'm talking about mixed drinks with ice and everything. The food was delicious and the drinks were great. Didn't get sick and had a great time. I can't vouch for the west side of the island but thinking that cozumel gets so many tourists, I would think that the places were tourists go would not want to get a bad reputation.

Fish Tacos! At Coconuts were delicious.

CarnivalGlory2013046_zps266c133f.jpg

CarnivalGlory2013045_zps686cca6f.jpg

Went to Punta Morena, Coconuts, Playa Bonita, and Rasta's. I was there on the tour but saw plenty of other people with rental cars, scooters, or riding with a driver.

Been there twice and eaten the local cuisine both times and had drinks with ice. Didn't have a problem either time. If you're worried about the water just stick to bottled water. I read somewhere that the island has a really good water treatment facility.

FireMedT

I was on a thread earlier in the evening and noticed someone mention they would like to find a blue drink.. so when I saw your pic I thought of that person. What kind of drink are you showing in your pic that is blue?

It is a pretty color.. tks so much

Thanks for all the great info- & confidence. One question- what's the difference bw 'salad' & fish tacos & such with lettuce?

We'll venture out- pepto & yogurt in hand! - & keep our fingers crossed. :D

Been to Cozumel 11 times. We make it a point to eat at a new place every trip. Plus, there are so many really good places to try that I can hardly wait to return. Never had problem on Coz in the last 10 years.

DUBluDvl glad you asked, as I like Salads now I'm concern about while I'm there..

Can you eat a salad when you are at a Resort area as that is one of the places my daughter wants to go to one of the Resorts.. and she enjoys salad as well.

is there any other kinds of food you should stay away from?

FireMedT

I was on a thread earlier in the evening and noticed someone mention they would like to find a blue drink.. so when I saw your pic I thought of that person. What kind of drink are you showing in your pic that is blue?

It is a pretty color.. tks so much

I'm sorry I don't remember the exact name. But I am sure it has blue curacao so look for the drinks with this ingredient. Whatever it was, i remember I enjoyed it.

Archived