Pac Jewel to run form Brisbane next year

I have just noticed that Pacific Jewel will be running from Brisbane next year for a while from about the middle of the year - this will mean 3 ships running from Brisbane , Pac Dawn, Pac Jewel and Sea Princess. Should be some good deals going??

Barry

I have just noticed that Pacific Jewel will be running from Brisbane next year for a while from about the middle of the year - this will mean 3 ships running from Brisbane , Pac Dawn, Pac Jewel and Sea Princess. Should be some good deals going??

Barry

Excellent, that should keep you busy.

Cunard's loss of course. We'll just have to manage without you - somehow.

The QM2 recently passed Pacific Jewel in the Tasman Sea as we were returning from New Zealand. We had an exchange of greetings. I believe that the move of this ship to Brisbane would be perfect for Bazzaw and many other of our QLD members.

The QM2 recently passed Pacific Jewel in the Tasman Sea as we were returning from New Zealand. We had an exchange of greetings. I believe that the move of this ship to Brisbane would be perfect for Bazzaw and many other of our QLD members.

Quite, it is really is all about the cruise lines targeting a particular 'demographic' (if you will) and then catering to them.

Quite, it is really is all about the cruise lines targeting a particular 'demographic' (if you will) and then catering to them.

I've emailed the Countess about it. She is very interested - as she told me that on her last cruise, there were too many pompous wankers. Apparently, she couldn't get away from them.

Barry

I've emailed the Countess about it. She is very interested - as she told me that on her last cruise, there were too many pompous wankers. Apparently, she couldn't get away from them.

Barry

There's been a few creatures on cruise ships - even on Cunard! Do you know that I was once told about a repulsive man who spilt milk on himself in the Britannia Restaurant. So disgusting, thankfully I am told that this dirt-bag has no desire to cruise with Cunard again.

Barry

Im with you Barry, would be great to get some better deals out of Bris, save on airfares & save all round. :D

Im with you Barry, would be great to get some better deals out of Bris, save on airfares & save all round. :D

I'm curious as to why Jewel is coming to Brisbane - as she is the primary P&O ship running out of Sydney. Will they replace her with something? or is there just too much competition in Sydney now and they can see better opportunities in Brisbane (which the carpetbaggers have not bothered with:rolleyes:)

Barry

I'm curious as to why Jewel is coming to Brisbane - as she is the primary P&O ship running out of Sydney. Will they replace her with something? or is there just too much competition in Sydney now and they can see better opportunities in Brisbane (which the carpetbaggers have not bothered with:rolleyes:)

Barry

Have they announced her itineraries yet?

Will she be doing the usual "milk run" to the Islands or will they bite the bullet and start doing some regular QLD and GBR cruising at last?

Will she be doing the usual "milk run" to the Islands or will they bite the bullet and start doing some regular QLD and GBR cruising at last?

David the Jewel leaves Sydney on the 27th june 2014 until the 9th sept mainly doing 7 days & a couple of 3-4 days out of Brisbane

David

I find this website useful for doing some basic cruise research - you can search by departure port, by ports visited and by ship. You need to confirm it with the actual cruiseline though in case of inaccuracy. Here is Pac Jewels' cruises for 2014

Looks like she is only operating out of Brisbane for two months Jul/Aug - which for me is all the curioser and curioser ! :p

Barry

Archived