Yukon/Murray

ModestMeans

Murray,

We just returned from Diamond Princess cruise and I wanted to take time to post a thank you to you for your Skagway to Emerald Lake road guide. We were lucky enough to get beautiful weather and this drive was a highlight of the trip for me.

Thanks again,

Jim

p.s. The one disagreement I have with your recommendations is the Cinnamon Cache -- there must be a better alternative for lunch in the area.

Murray,

We just returned from Diamond Princess cruise and I wanted to take time to post a thank you to you for your Skagway to Emerald Lake road guide. We were lucky enough to get beautiful weather and this drive was a highlight of the trip for me.

Thanks again,

Jim

p.s. The one disagreement I have with your recommendations is the Cinnamon Cache -- there must be a better alternative for lunch in the area.

We just returned from the NCL Star on Sunday and did the Yukon Scenic Drive and had lunch at Spirit Lake Lodge - they had great soup, sandwiches and yummy pie! I think it was right before we got to Emerald Lake.

Murray,

We didn't have lunch at the Cinnamon Cache but the buns and coffee were delectable and it is refreshing IMHO only to find a place where they still recite the menu and treat you like family... Friends had soup and sandwich and said it was very good.

Murray: Do you have a link to your scenic guide. I remember reading it a long time ago and it was wonderful. Now that I'm actually planning to drive up to Emeral Lake on July 11th, I'd love to read it again and use your great advice!

Thanks!

Joanie

We used Murry's guide on 6.8. We had to use the A/C in the rental car because of all the sunshine:) Thank you so much for posting all your great knowledge on this and other sites. This was a great time to get away from the herds of the ship and ports and see some beautiful scenery. Our family had an awesome time on this drive. There were several other folks who had your guide in hand at the Avis office. I love the web:D

We had lunch at the Cinnamon Cache on Sunday. Sandwiches were ok, bread was good. Cinnamon buns are highly over-rated on this board. We brought 3 back to the ship and 2 never got eaten.

My mother (and my father and I) loooooved the scenery, emerald lake, cinnabon cafe and most of all, the huskies. It had been her dream to play with huskies since reading Call of the Wild. We can't thank you enough -- it is unlikely we would have take the glacier + dogsled helicopter rides.

Now I wish I had become a musher instead of an engineer ...

Vaibhav

NCL Spirit May 05

http://outlier.stanford.edu/photos/family/usinvasion/#cruise

Archived