!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Screenshot2013-03-17at31403PM_zps92609dbd.png

So those last 3 days before leaving on the cruise were very hectic to say the least. To begging with I had some issues at work and that took sometime to sort things out. In addition to that I had a sudden change of heart and decided to change our plans for all the ports on Sunday, don't ask me why because I don't even know myself. All I know is that decision changed our entire experience of this trip, but you will have to wait and see exactly what I am talking about. Gambee likes being mysterious ;). In addition to all that the stress of last minute packing and figuring out where I put my snorkel and goggles… Lets just leave it at that. I have a way of adding stress to my life that is not needed at all :D.

That morning I woke up very early around 5:30am and finalized all the packing (chargers, laptop, passports ect.). I also remember finally receiving the confirmation for one of the tours, until then I wasn't sure that we managed to get it. It was a highly rated excursion and I could not believe that they had two seats open with 7 ships calling port that day! I paid the deposit and printed our tickets, I was really happy about that!

I am not sure if everyone gets as excited as I do, but I absolutely love it when I see the little ticker of cruise-ships say SAILING TODAY! How exciting is that?!?!? All that time waiting and it is finally here =).

Screenshot2013-03-24at61531AM_zps0fdc4ba7.png

Usually after I wake up I go and check the webcam at Port Everglades Web Cam to ensure that my ship is there, lol. And when I first opened I panicked, the ship was not there!!! I then noticed a ship pulling in and it was the SILHOUETTE!! That was the first time that I saw a ship pulling in on the webcam, it was a very exciting moment. I also immediately texted my mom telling her to go to the website and look at the ship docking (I knew she was well awake, lol).

Screenshot2013-03-24at62431AM_zpsef4e8606.png

Image courtesy of ftlauderdalewebcam

Here is the screengrab video, not a very good video, but for me it was super EXCITING!!! =)

mqdefault.jpg

Video courtesy of ftlauderdalewebcam

That is it for now, I will work on my pictures today and hopefully have some material to post tomorrow and get started with the ship experience. The good news is that everything is scanned and my pictures are all organized, I just need to select and edit them =).

So excited to read your review I loved the Allure one which made our trip on the Allure so easy as I felt like I had already been on it. We don't have anything booked at present so looking forward to reading this review as it will help with my cruise withdrawal

Thanks in advance for some exciting reading

Moira x

Glad you enjoyed your Allure trip, she is a great fun experience! Who knows you might book X after this review ;)

Was that an April fools joke when you said you weren't a professional photographer? Your pictures are amazing. I did not find one thing wrong with them. The only dots I saw on those examples you posted, were the ones you drew on them. Either that or I better make an eye doctor appt. :p

Anyway, I am really enjoying your review. You certainly have the knack for explaining everything in great detail. I will be following along with the thousands of others. We don't cruise again until November, so this and your other upcoming reviews will fill the void.

Thanks for doing this and giving us your time and effort to do such wonderful reviews. I see another 5 star review in the making.

Hi, to Gambee's Mom too. You are an important part of your son's review and look forward to all the adventures you two experienced.

Gwen :)

Oops, sorry for the color change in text. I hate when that happens.......:rolleyes:

Their ships are also very nice, that old look is really nice and match that with the magic of Disney and you have a great product.

Great report so far!

FYI - We Disney fans prefer the term "Classic Disney Ships" (not 'old'). LOL

Enjoying this so much! Kids went back to school today, found this first thing this morning, now planning on following it all week, or until your done.

Thanks for taking the time to post all this!

Really enjoying it!

Chass

After the Carnival Triumph incident happened we decided that we need to pack a few extra items to make our stay a more comfortable one if an accident was to occur. Among the things we decided to bring was a Energizer Solar Rechargeable 9-LED Lantern, a hand crank rechargeable radio, extra flashlights, some baby wipes, a few more weeks of med supplies, granola bars and the 2 bottles of wine just in case they cut alcohol consumption :D. I also had my eyes in a solar charger, but by the time the cruise came I simply could not afford it, maybe I will pick it up before the Breakaway cruise.

ANTI-NAUSEA KIT, mom and I are prone to motion sickness and I will be damned if I get sick on my vacation. So as you might Imagine we do everything possible to avoid getting sick. So far we have done great on our two prior cruises, but then again the movement of those ships was minimal. I am sure we will eventually find some rough seas and I will be prepared for that day. Our normal anti-nausea kit includes Sea-bands, Ginger pills, Bonine and scopolamine patches (prescribed, absolutely last resort). We figure that one of them is odd to work.

Gambee, thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into your amazing reviews!!! Not to mention, the additional time and thoughtfulness in responding to all your followers! :D

I too have been planning to bring an emergency kit on our next cruise, and will steal some of your ideas but I HAVE to know: WHAT are those parrot-shaped clamp thingies??

Also, my son and I both suffer from motion sickness and nausea and have previously used ginger gum, but have never heard of Ginger Pills: how do you like those compared to Pepto Bismol?

Thank you so much in advance!!

P.S. You and my 18yo son have nearly identical taste in clothing, right down to your hat!!! And yes, I do virtually all of his shopping for him. :D

I remember you :-), how you been? I am glad you like the start. I had hoped to have today off from work to get some actual work started. The good news is that I managed to scan all the documents already :-).

I’ve been fantastic. Hubby and I went on the Allure just after your review was posted. We had the most amazing time. We caught ourselves many times saying Gambee said to do “this” and Gambee said to do “that”. Your postings on menus really helped us to plan for our cruise. Thank you so much! I remember telling you that you have such an artistic flair..both writing and photography. Have you found your new job in this field yet? I really hope so!

Gambee's BACK!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D Boy, I'm only one day behind and we're already on page 5 - hope you both had an incredible time, I'll be right here anxiously reading and lingering on all of your amazing photography, as usual.

You no doubt made a lot of bucks for Royal Caribbean with your Allure review and you'll certainly do the same for X. Wouldn't it be cool if the cruise lines contacted you via your email and started PAYING YOU AND MOM to cruise?? Talk about a "secret weapon"!!!

Thanks so much for all of your efforts, in advance, for giving all of us on CC and beyond hours and hours of entertainment and that "YOU ARE THERE" kind of experience.

"You no doubt made a lot of bucks for Royal Caribbean with your Allure review and you'll certainly do the same for X. Wouldn't it be cool if the cruise lines contacted you via your email and started PAYING YOU AND MOM to cruise?? Talk about a "secret weapon"!!!"

Agree with dreamer976 100%!

Edited by raerom

thank you all for the support, I can't believe how many comments I have already :).

I brought my computer to work and I am kicking it to full gear to try to get all the day 1 pictures edited by the end of the of the day. That should allow me to work on the actual review tomorrow and get as much done as possible.

I will also address all the comments tonight or tomorrow.

Once again thank you all :)

Gambee, thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into your amazing reviews!!! Not to mention, the additional time and thoughtfulness in responding to all your followers! :D

I too have been planning to bring an emergency kit on our next cruise, and will steal some of your ideas but I HAVE to know: WHAT are those parrot-shaped clamp thingies??

Also, my son and I both suffer from motion sickness and nausea and have previously used ginger gum, but have never heard of Ginger Pills: how do you like those compared to Pepto Bismol?

Thank you so much in advance!!

P.S. You and my 18yo son have nearly identical taste in clothing, right down to your hat!!! And yes, I do virtually all of his shopping for him. :D

The little parrots are Boca clips for your beach towels so they don't blow off the chairs. You can get them at Bed, Bath and Beyond...they have several styles. I always take them on vacation.

Gambee...I'm not familiar with you or your trip reports but I'm enjoying this so much. We sail on the Silhouette in Sept. and I can hardly wait. :D I'll have to look for your other trip reports.