Keratin Treatments - Worth it for a cruise?

Hi All,

I'm very excited to be leaving in less than a month, but I have been considering more and more getting a light Keratin treatment for my hair. I have pretty curly/frizzy hair, but in my non tropical climate I can flat-iron with a good protectant and it doesn't get too frizzy in the summer. However, with the combined humidity/heat potential on my upcoming cruise, I was thinking of getting a "light" keratin treatment. It looks like it is called "Keratin Express." http://keratin-express.com/

Does anyone have any experience with this? It would cost about $70, so I'm toying with whether or not it is worth it. I would just wear my hair curly and deal with the frizz (and if I don't get the treatment, that will likely be what happens) but I don't have those picture perfect curls - I have super tight curls in the back, more wavy front curls, and just a variation all over so it never really looks fantastic. I want to look and feel great! This is a vacation of a lifetime for me. :-)

You might try doing it yourself with the at-home keratin treatment you can buy at Walmart, Target, etc. I don't have curly hair--just wavy--but I've had very good luck with it. It's made by Organix and costs like $13 or $14. It lasts about a month so you could maybe try it in advance and then, if it doesn't have the results you want, go to the salon?

If you color first and then immediately do the keratin treatment, the treatment locks the color in (or so my hair stylist tells me).

I think I'm going to try that, thanks! I'm getting a haircut on Monday, and will do both right after so that I have less hair to worry about dying/treating :-)

$70 is a really good price for a keratin treatment since they usually are around $200+. I did one a couple of months before a cruise and it definitely made my hair less frizzy and easier to style so I'd recommend it.

You might try doing it yourself with the at-home keratin treatment you can buy at Walmart, Target, etc. I don't have curly hair--just wavy--but I've had very good luck with it. It's made by Organix and costs like $13 or $14. It lasts about a month so you could maybe try it in advance and then, if it doesn't have the results you want, go to the salon?

Thanks for the advice!

Just found this on the clearance rack of our local Vons (Safeway).

Archived