Transportation from airport to hotel and hotel to port

I am researching hotels near Port Everglades and transportation options. I'm curious, if the hotel doesn't offer shuttle services either from the airport or to the port, what is the best way to go for a family of four? We will each have a carry on and a personal bag. We're trying to keep it to one piece of checked luggage total. (Not one per person!) My head is spinning looking at all of the hotel options and some of them do offer complimentary shuttles, but there are many that don't, and I don't want to spend a ton of cash just to get to and from. Thanks!

Hi there,

This would be better researched on the Florida board here. I will give you the link below. You can use the "Search this forum" function on the right hand side of the board; type in "lauderdale + hotel + shuttle" and you'll have threads to read for hours. This has been discussed many times and the info is already there. :)

Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495 <---click here for Florida Board

We always stay at the Sleep Inn in Dania.

Free Pick up and free delivery to the Port.

They pick up at the airport, take you to the cruise port, and have a free breakfast. We have used them many times. Also across the street is supermarket, Dollar Store, Walgreens is just beside the hotel. Great location. Sue

I am researching hotels near Port Everglades and transportation options. I'm curious, if the hotel doesn't offer shuttle services either from the airport or to the port, what is the best way to go for a family of four? We will each have a carry on and a personal bag. We're trying to keep it to one piece of checked luggage total. (Not one per person!) My head is spinning looking at all of the hotel options and some of them do offer complimentary shuttles, but there are many that don't, and I don't want to spend a ton of cash just to get to and from. Thanks!

Two weeks ago, we sailed on Allure of the Seas. We stayed at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina. The hotel did not have a shuttle but there were numerous shuttle service vans that pulled up to the front ofthe hotel to transport people to the port. The rate was $6 per person. They dropped us off right where the porters were taking luggage.

Archived