Four in a taxi?

Hobbitmomma

I am trying to plan our hotel the night before our cruise and transportation to and from the airport and to the cruise port. I was at first trying to zero in on hotels that included free shuttles, but I've read a lot of negative stuff about those. Here is my dilemma. There are four of us, two adults and two children, 12 & 14. We will only have one large checked bag, but we will each have a carry-on and a personal bag. So I am thinking we won't all fit in a taxi. Suggestions? Also, do you prearrange transportation from port to the airport or take your chances. BTW, we are sailing Oasis out of Port Everglades and our return flight is 11:20am. Thanks in advance!

I've had 4 in a cab - including DW and 2 DDs - with bags without too much of a squeeze. If you need a larger vehicle just let the taxi expediter know and you should not need to wait for more than a few minutes; I would not bother with shuttles or other pre-arranged transportation.

Good luck! :)

There are four of us, two adults and two children, 12 & 14. We will only have one large checked bag, but we will each have a carry-on and a personal bag. So I am thinking we won't all fit in a taxi.

Yes... that will all fit into any taxi they offer. You could take more and get a van-taxi, always available.

One large bag for 4 people??? You must plan on doing laundry?? Wifey needs 1 bag just for accessories - shoes etc !! ;)

We did 4 to a taxi and all of us had a bag and a carryon. I think he was able to fit 3 bags in the trunk and gave the other bag to the other taxi (van) with the rest of our family members). You should be fine!

Our family of four - two teenage boys, 3 suitcases, 1 large duffel, 1 suit bag and a backpack for each of us fit in a regular FL taxi. We walked out of the Embassy Suites and said we needed a large SUV taxi. The doorman laughed and said we wouldn't get one on a busy cruise morning and that we would fit in the taxi rolling up. The car was clearly a taxi, but it was a model in the style of an older, USA, police car style sedan. All four suitcases and the suit bag fit in the trunk. We held our backpacks and were at the pier for $12 + tip. Awesome. We saw tons of that style of taxi roaming FLL. You'll have no problem as long as you are willing to hold your personal bags for a few minutes.

Archived