LIVE from Celebrity Silhouette, sailing April 7th!

BugsyCruiser

Activities... I didn't do much on here but it seemed people were enjoying the offerings. The sin city comedy show was great but there's a reason they have it late at night. It's NOT clean comedy, not even close. The improv show was excellent. Nancy(Howlin Walker) did an excellent job with that. The officers versus guests volleyball game was very entertaining yesterday :) Lisa Richards is a very good CD in my opinion, she also has a wonderful voice. The CC meet and mingle was done very well and she and several of the officers came, including the Captain.

So while I didn't do much in this department, I still give it a solid B+

Well my friends what can I say about Celebrity Silhouette other than she is a fantastic ship. This was my first ever cruise on Celebrity, but it will definitely not be my last. Very impressed with what Celebrity has to offer. I'll get to a more detailed opinion and grades a little later but I can honestly say this... I have found the two cruise lines I want to sail with and it's time to settle down and start building my way towards the perks. So from now my cruises will only be on Royal Caribbean(Oasis and Allure of course... although anxiously awaiting Quantum) and Celebrity. I've found my "home" I guess you could say :)

Welcome to the dark side ;) Even though I've never sailed Celebrity, I'm definitely looking forward to trying it after reading this. I'm glad that I'll be able to use my diamond benefits on a Celebrity cruise, even if that means it'll take me longer to reach diamond plus on RCCL.

How many more days until our Allure cruise?! :D

Free samples... so delicious I bought one to take home

065_zps1b6fe67f.jpg

I may or may not have been known to stop there and have "lunch" with all the delicious flavors you can sample! At least around here, you can find these in local stores and I've seen them at a few airports too. I haven't been able to go to GC in a few years but I've certainly been able to enjoy their rum cakes since!

Welcome to the dark side ;) Even though I've never sailed Celebrity, I'm definitely looking forward to trying it after reading this. I'm glad that I'll be able to use my diamond benefits on a Celebrity cruise, even if that means it'll take me longer to reach diamond plus on RCCL.

How many more days until our Allure cruise?! :D

A year :p ;)

Thanks Gambee. I still have to do my post cruise ratings and opinions plus I plan on being at the inlet to watch Silhouette sail away to Rome :)

Which we will be on in Rome :D. Thank you for your review and wonderful photos. I'm ready and waiting.............

Just finished reading your outstanding review. I'll be on the Silhouette Jan 19th, 2014 and I can't wait.

Be sure to join our roll call. I don't think I saw you on there yet. Already 33 signed up for Connections Party...we're going to have a great time!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Just finished reading your outstanding review. I'll be on the Silhouette Jan 19th, 2014 and I can't wait.

Hi,

We will be on there Jan 19th too...so see you at the meet and mingle. This review really helped me figure out the ship beforehand and I love the S Class ships! Celebrity our favorite. See you on the seas!

Hello friends! I'm back from the inlet and in the process of uploading photos. Got some great shots of Silhouette as she sailed out to being her journey to Rome. The Hyatt Pier 66 give me a nice upgrade. A tower junior suite overlooking the port :)

Hello friends! I'm back from the inlet and in the process of uploading photos. Got some great shots of Silhouette as she sailed out to being her journey to Rome. The Hyatt Pier 66 give me a nice upgrade. A tower junior suite overlooking the port :)

Nice!! Enjoy! :):D:)

Wishing her a safe journey! What a way to end a cruise....upgraded room;)

As promised, back to my grades and opinions...

The Aqua Spa:

One word describes it.... wonderful. The free use of the persian gardens for Aqua Class passengers is a nice perk. The heated tile chairs did wonders for my back. The staff is very friendly there as well and it felt like a true spa... very relaxing atmosphere. This is one of the very few areas where Oasis and Allure did not do well when they designed and built their spa. Plus I actually enjoyed the massage here. My legs have poor circulation and the therapist did very well on them without making the massage feel painful.

So Aqua Spa definitely gets an A+

Hi Chris, I am home and will have to go back later and read your

whole thread...I only went on line twice all week (once yesterday

to print my boarding pass) and I never took the time to read it

all the way through.

Nice to meet you and everyone else too. Not sure I will even be

doing a review but I will say I think Silhouette has some of

the best best service in the entire fleet.:)

The bars... ah the bars. The Martini Bar and Molecular Bar simply are awesome. Lodia and Andrei at the Molecular and Santos at the Martini are wonderful bartenders. Very socialable, always smiling. Please go there and try the drinks especially the Tanned Russian and Dragonfly at the Molecular and the chocolate martini at the Martini Bar. You will not be disappointed. The Sunset Bar is nice, especially because of the aft view, but the staff isn't the friendliest in my opinion.

So overall the bars on Silhouette get an A- from me.

all the way through.

Hi Lois :) I agree that Silhouette has very good service

The bars... ah the bars. The Martini Bar and Molecular Bar simply are awesome. Lodia and Andrei at the Molecular and Santos at the Martini are wonderful bartenders. Very socialable, always smiling. Please go there and try the drinks especially the Tanned Russian and Dragonfly at the Molecular and the chocolate martini at the Martini Bar. You will not be disappointed. The Sunset Bar is nice, especially because of the aft view, but the staff isn't the friendliest in my opinion.

So overall the bars on Silhouette get an A- from me.

Agree with you about the Molecular bar and Lodia and Andrei. Yes, the Tanned Russian was absolutely my favorite:D

Chris,

Thanks again for a great review. You took great pictures which we have all enjoyed. So glad you had a wonderful tme and thanks for taking all of us with you. You supplied a wealth of information. Have a safe trip home!

Patty

Chris, Thanks for your review. It was almost like being back on the ship. Then I watched it sail away this afternoon. Loved the virtual parakeets and the HIdeaway. Told Gambee that also (about the birds). Read both reviews at the same time.

Thanks again.

all the way through.

Welcome back Lois! I could see from the pictures of you that Chris shared that you were having fun. Seems like you enjoyed much better weather than poor Gambee did.

Can't wait to hear more ...at least tell me what drinks you would recommend :)