LIVE from Celebrity Silhouette, sailing April 7th!

BugsyCruiser

Good morning friends from O'Hare International! American Airlines flight 568 departs in just over an hour from now. Most importantly, I got COFFEE!! :D

001_zps669cdeec.jpg

Chris I wish they had LIKE buttons here:)

This is from BILL-WI, who is on our Silhouette roll call:

Okay, I do not want to scare anyone, but I need to post this for informational purposes. If you are flying into Fort Lauderdale airport today, tomorrow, or Sunday, please try to make alternative arrangements to get from the airport to your final location. It appears there is a strike, by the taxidrivers, and they will not be picking people off at the airport, because of the $3.50 Charge that the taxis must pay each time they enter the airport for a picked up. This will not affect those people going between hotels, or from hotels to the airport.

If the airport caves, on the $3.50 charge this could be ended quickly. If they do not it could be a significant challenge to get from the airport to your destination.

I suggest alternative plans to a taxi, such as one of the transfer services. Last night when we arrived, Rosie and I had to wait a half hour for a taxi, and we were number two in line.

Once again, I am not trying to scare anybody, but I want you to be aware of what you might face, when you land in Fort Lauderdale.

This is from BILL-WI, who is on our Silhouette roll call:

Okay, I do not want to scare anyone, but I need to post this for informational purposes. If you are flying into Fort Lauderdale airport today, tomorrow, or Sunday, please try to make alternative arrangements to get from the airport to your final location. It appears there is a strike, by the taxidrivers, and they will not be picking people off at the airport, because of the $3.50 Charge that the taxis must pay each time they enter the airport for a picked up. This will not affect those people going between hotels, or from hotels to the airport.

If the airport caves, on the $3.50 charge this could be ended quickly. If they do not it could be a significant challenge to get from the airport to your destination.

I suggest alternative plans to a taxi, such as one of the transfer services. Last night when we arrived, Rosie and I had to wait a half hour for a taxi, and we were number two in line.

Once again, I am not trying to scare anybody, but I want you to be aware of what you might face, when you land in Fort Lauderdale.

Hi Bill...great news, huh?:rolleyes:....well, I just emailed SAS and will wait

for a reply to see if they are available to pick me up at the airport.

Not sure what I will do if they say no...don't really want to spend the

money on a limo from the airport to 17th Street:eek:

Hello Chris,

I'm new to this board and very interested in your live review. It's pretty exciting. How could you get the picture below in flight? Do they offer wifi on board now? How is the speed and cost?

Thanks,

Dundee.

Good morning friends. Here's our present location:

ScreenHunter_355Apr050842_zpse9c06cad.jpg

On the 3/31 eastern itinerary & heading back to Ft. L. You all will LOVE this ship -- the CD Lisa is fabulous -- singers/dancers shows are wonderful -- Captain Dimetri is amazing & HILARIOUS!!! Hope Sin City is available for you all -- it is really funny. Food has been great -- ship is quite stable!! We hate to get off!!

Only negative is horrible drawer storage in cabins -- only 3 deep drawers about 14 inches wide + 1 "desk" type drawer -- yes that's all, so plan on HANGING everything!! No drawers in nightstands -- we are in a Concieirge balcony -- fairly good storage in bathroom but nothing wider than 6-8 inches. We have nothing in the 2 cabinets over the bed -- way too high for me (5"3" tall).

Don't know if I will be back on here, so may not be able to answer any questions....

Chris- Thanks so much for doing another "Live From" for all of us to follow along. Enjoyed your Oasis live report very much and had a chance to sail on her in January.

Now with you, Gambee and Radio all posting at the same time? I'll be getting very little done for the immediate future. Wish I had a more comfortable computer chair! No complaints, though . . . I'll have to live vicariously through the generosity of wonderful CC people like yourself to tide me over until my next cruise which is almost 8 months away.

Thanks again.