LIVE from Celebrity Silhouette, sailing April 7th!

BugsyCruiser

Chris...

I just finished reading the review and it made me feel like I was on the cruise with you...oh wait, I was! :)

Rosie and I had a great time cruising with you and we will always remember our ride to the port in STYLE! :D

We had great weather, a spectacular ship, fantastic people, and we all have memories to last a lifetime!

God willing, our paths will cross again!:)

OUT!;)

BILL

Chris...

I just finished reading the review and it made me feel like I was on the cruise with you...oh wait, I was! :)

Rosie and I had a great time cruising with you and we will always remember our ride to the port in STYLE! :D

We had great weather, a spectacular ship, fantastic people, and we all have memories to last a lifetime!

God willing, our paths will cross again!:)

OUT!;)

BILL

Bill....curious...where exactly is just north of Milwaukee? Our son used to live in Sheboygan....we traveled up that way a lot.

So nice to see Silhouette on her way to Rome. I look forward to welcoming her at the other end!

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. I can see that you've enjoyed putting it together and I've certainly enjoyed reading it. I hope you enjoy the rest of your planned cruises as much as you've enjoyed this one.

Sara

Good morning everyone for the last time from Fort Lauderdale! My flight leaves at noon today for Chicago and should be in the car and home just after 4pm this afternoon. I'll try to wrap up this review tonight.

Woke up today to see two ships in port. Island Princess

002_zpsbc1f975d.jpg

And Celebrity Equinox

003_zps0e662a74.jpg

Edited by Bugsy4271

Good morning everyone for the last time from Fort Lauderdale! My flight leaves at noon today for Chicago and should be in the car and home just after 4pm this afternoon. I'll try to wrap up this review tonight.

Woke up today to see two ships in port. Island Princess

002_zpsbc1f975d.jpg

And Celebrity Equinox

003_zps0e662a74.jpg

Morning Chris ~ take note of those red and white smoke stacks. They are set to be taken down around June. No more cruise ship photos with the iconic smokestacks in the photo

Safe trip home :)

Thanks for all the nice compliments my friends. LIVE reviews can be extremely aggravating, frustrating, time consuming, and downright difficult at times to do IMHO but well worth the effort that is needed to do them. I can only hope that mine will be half as good as Radio's and Trainman-2's are. I'm not done yet as I will be giving the few negatives that I felt there were on Celebrity Silhouette but they are indeed, few.

So for now this is your reporter saying thanks for tuning in everyone. OUT :D

Your's is.... your's is. Actually more than half as good!! I know you did both Radio and Trainman proud. It was a a pleasure going on this journey with you, if only on this thread.

Waiting at the airport my friends. Flight departs in just under two hours from now. A rainbow greeted me as I left my room at the hotel.

005_zps830b6fbd.jpg

I'll be trying to wrap up this review tonight after I get home. So long Celebrity Silhouette, it's been a lot of fun :)

Bill....curious...where exactly is just north of Milwaukee? Our son used to live in Sheboygan....we traveled up that way a lot.

10 miles north of downtown, in the North Shore area. About 45 minutes south of Sheboygan...:)

BILL

You provided so much info that is so very helpful! We cruise in January on this Silli and have so much more info and it was like we were there...You will not like the weather back home now....so sad to end a cruise and come back to Illinois weather....I do it in January so even worse...But Spring will come eventually...THANKS for the wonderful report and pictures!

Great review and photos too!

Hope you had an amazing time, as it looked like you did....makes me wish my next cruise wasn't so far away!

We are flying in the day before our cruise and are planning to head down to the beach to watch sail away just as you did, were you able to walk there from the Hyatt or did you need to take a taxi?

Hope you had an amazing time, as it looked like you did....makes me wish my next cruise wasn't so far away!

We are flying in the day before our cruise and are planning to head down to the beach to watch sail away just as you did, were you able to walk there from the Hyatt or did you need to take a taxi?

Bugsy thanks for the review and fabulous pictures , we loved the picture of you with the captain and officers. Its always nice to put a face with a fabulous review unlike other people that just show there feet.

You can walk but it's close to a mile away and if it's hot and or humid like it was yesterday it can wear you out. Bring plenty of water which thankfully, I did

I am home my friends and as promised, I would finish up this review of my first time ever on Silhouette and Celebrity. Are there a few negatives? Yes there is. I will list them here but just like on Oasis, there are FEW negatives. The one really sore spot with me I will explain in another post and I think it will come as a surprise to no one.

1. The Lawn Club Grill. It was good and it can be fun to grill alongside their chefs but honestly, 40 dollars is too much. At the most this venue should be priced at around 25.

2. The alcoves on the lawn or a complete waste in my opinion or if you're gonna insist on having them, at least have them face the ocean! Inward? Just doesn't make sense to me

3. And we had perfect weather... so why was the lawn chained off so much? That was a head scratcher for me

4. Minor complaint... wish we had more time in Labadee. It was fun to once again share a cabana with friends but didn't get as much use out of it as we did when I was on Oasis. And maybe it shouldn't have been priced the same because we were there 7 hours versus 9 on Oasis? But it's just a suggestion, I still enjoyed my time there

5. And I hope that RCCL and Celebrity can do something about this... the hillside cabanas are located in a rather private area which is nice, but... the natural steps can be unsafe in my opinion. The addition of a railing might be a good idea. It can be a very steep climb for some people, it could be unsafe. Just my opinion and suggestion.

Seriously friends, those are about the only complaints I have about Celebrity. Now the last major gripe will be coming up shortly and to be honest I'm not even sure this is a Celebrity issue but it's something that sorely needs to be addressed. Stay tuned my friends...

I am home my friends and as promised, I would finish up this review of my first time ever on Silhouette and Celebrity. Are there a few negatives? Yes there is. I will list them here but just like on Oasis, there are FEW negatives. The one really sore spot with me I will explain in another post and I think it will come as a surprise to no one.

1. The Lawn Club Grill. It was good and it can be fun to grill alongside their chefs but honestly, 40 dollars is too much. At the most this venue should be priced at around 25.

2. The alcoves on the lawn or a complete waste in my opinion or if you're gonna insist on having them, at least have them face the ocean! Inward? Just doesn't make sense to me

3. And we had perfect weather... so why was the lawn chained off so much? That was a head scratcher for me

4. Minor complaint... wish we had more time in Labadee. It was fun to once again share a cabana with friends but didn't get as much use out of it as we did when I was on Oasis. And maybe it shouldn't have been priced the same because we were there 7 hours versus 9 on Oasis? But it's just a suggestion, I still enjoyed my time there

5. And I hope that RCCL and Celebrity can do something about this... the hillside cabanas are located in a rather private area which is nice, but... the natural steps can be unsafe in my opinion. The addition of a railing might be a good idea. It can be a very steep climb for some people, it could be unsafe. Just my opinion and suggestion.

Seriously friends, those are about the only complaints I have about Celebrity. Now the last major gripe will be coming up shortly and to be honest I'm not even sure this is a Celebrity issue but it's something that sorely needs to be addressed. Stay tuned my friends...

Chris, I agree 100% with you about the Alcoves on the lawn being a total waste of space and I always thought it odd that they faced inward and not toward the ocean...........LOL I also think the lawn itself is nothing but a lot of work for them. We didn't see anyone use it except for the lawn concerts. It was completely covered when we got on the ship in NJ and after a couple days, they took the cover off. On the wa back to NJ, they struggled with the wind trying to get it covered again..........LOL We never saw anyone playing bacchi or any other games on it.

I do think their speciality restaurants are over priced. Wow, the Lawn Club must have gone up in price because I don't think it was that much when we ate there. We pre-booked before the cruise for the restaurants but were sorry we did because during our saling they had a lot of buy 1, get 1 deals but we had already paid ahead of time.

Patty

Ok friends here it is... the one major gripe and I'm not even sure Celebrity can be blamed for this but here it goes...

Terminal 25 can be summed up in a few words... IT'S AN ABSOLUTE JOKE.

Seriously.... to stand outside in a horribly long line in the sun and humidity and then go inside a building that the ac was broken and go through a maze that even mouse might not figure out to get to customs? Passengers deserve better than this. Equinox gets to use the fabulous terminal 18 that Oasis and Allure use when she is in port and everyone I have talked to said it is a breeze and I know from my own experience when I sailed on Oasis last October. I understand for obvious reasons that the other Celebrity ships that come in there on the weekend can't use it because Oasis or Allure are there but terminal 25 needs SERIOUS upgrades. I hope this can be addressed soon.

I totally agree with 2 and 3 for sure....I really hated the yellow plastic chain that was in most areas of the lawn....it looks so junky on such a beautiful area compared to the Eclipse! The ship is a class act until you get up to the Lawn Area. I hope in time there is some thought given to that.