LIVE from Celebrity Silhouette, sailing April 7th!

BugsyCruiser

Ok friends here it is... the one major gripe and I'm not even sure Celebrity can be blamed for this but here it goes...

Terminal 25 can be summed up in a few words... IT'S AN ABSOLUTE JOKE.

Seriously.... to stand outside in a horribly long line in the sun and humidity and then go inside a building that the ac was broken and go through a maze that even mouse might not figure out to get to customs? Passengers deserve better than this. Equinox gets to use the fabulous terminal 18 that Oasis and Allure use when she is in port and everyone I have talked to said it is a breeze and I know from my own experience when I sailed on Oasis last October. I understand for obvious reasons that the other Celebrity ships that come in there on the weekend can't use it because Oasis or Allure are there but terminal 25 needs SERIOUS upgrades. I hope this can be addressed soon.

I could not agree with you more! I had a great cruise, but terminal 25 is a JOKE! The terminal is outdated and antiquated for ships the size of the Solstice class...such a shame that the crew bends over backwards all week to make the customers feel like Royalty; and in the end, all the customer takes home, is a memory of a painful last experience. :(:(:(

BILL

I could not agree with you more! I had a great cruise, but terminal 25 is a JOKE! The terminal is outdated and antiquated for ships the size of the Solstice class...such a shame that the crew bends over backwards all week to make the customers feel like Royalty; and in the end, all the customer takes home, is a memory of a painful last experience. :(:(:(

BILL

Hopefully most cruisers won't take that home as their experience on Celebrity but I'm afraid some do. Like I said, the terminal needs serious upgrades and the sooner, the better

Hopefully most cruisers won't take that home as their experience on Celebrity but I'm afraid some do. Like I said, the terminal needs serious upgrades and the sooner, the better

Perhaps upgrades are going to be made. Eclipse moves back to Miami in the 2015 season! Time will tell, but I believe that Celebrity will not allow this to go on, for too much longer. :)

BILL

Welcome back to Illinois Chris (more rain!!)

Couldn't agree more with your criticisms of LCG, the cabanas and the lawn. These were my only gripes on Reflection. You must go on another S class ship, such as the Equinox, that has the original lawn design - no cabanas and the hot glass show. I do prefer that layout.

Welcome back to Illinois Chris (more rain!!)

Couldn't agree more with your criticisms of LCG, the cabanas and the lawn. These were my only gripes on Reflection. You must go on another S class ship, such as the Equinox, that has the original lawn design - no cabanas and the hot glass show. I do prefer that layout.

I have Reflection booked for this December and then Silhouette for April 2015(that far out :eek:).... I may switch that one to Solstice sailing to Alaska since I really do want to eventually do an Alaskan cruise

Well there you have it my friends. LIVE from Celebrity Silhouette has concluded. It was a lot of fun and Celebrity has become my other favorite alongside RCCL's Oasis class. If anyone has any questions, feel free and I will try to answer them the best I can. So goodnight my friends and to quote the Captain... OUT :D

Well there you have it my friends. LIVE from Celebrity Silhouette has concluded. It was a lot of fun and Celebrity has become my other favorite alongside RCCL's Oasis class. If anyone has any questions, feel free and I will try to answer them the best I can. So goodnight my friends and to quote the Captain... OUT :D

Great "Live" trip report Bugsy! You did an outstanding job! Can't wait for your next one. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Thanks Chris! I just loved all your pic's and reviews!! I am very anxious to sail on Sili Sept. 26/13 so, see her sailing away to Rome, was emotional for me. Cannor wait to see her there! All your info is much appreciated!! Many Thanks

Chris - thanks so much for this review. Your time and efforts are appreciated by so many! I'm so glad I found your live thread! I sailed Celebrity once about 6 years ago and very much enjoyed the cruise. I've been sticking with RC recently so I could get the points all on one cruise line, but I must admit that you have seriously tempted me with this review! I'll have to watch for your next live review - thanks so much Chris - GREAT JOB! :)

Ok friends here it is... the one major gripe and I'm not even sure Celebrity can be blamed for this but here it goes...

Terminal 25 can be summed up in a few words... IT'S AN ABSOLUTE JOKE.

Seriously.... to stand outside in a horribly long line in the sun and humidity and then go inside a building that the ac was broken and go through a maze that even mouse might not figure out to get to customs? Passengers deserve better than this. Equinox gets to use the fabulous terminal 18 that Oasis and Allure use when she is in port and everyone I have talked to said it is a breeze and I know from my own experience when I sailed on Oasis last October. I understand for obvious reasons that the other Celebrity ships that come in there on the weekend can't use it because Oasis or Allure are there but terminal 25 needs SERIOUS upgrades. I hope this can be addressed soon.

Chris,

I understand where you are coming from on this subject. I've sailed in/out of Ft. Lauderdale on every cruise I've been on and Celebrity has always used Terminal 18. At the start of your LIVE review; I was surprised to see Celebrity at another pier/terminal. However, I recognized the fact the Allure was at Terminal 18 - a larger ship with higher capacity; it made sense. This doesn't excuse the fact that Terminal 25 was poorly managed. Overall, I agree with your comments and realized it's been too long since I've been on a cruise - 4 years. This will change very soon!

Once again, thank you so much for the wonderful and exciting LIVE review of your cruise! :cool:

Chris,

It is just 10:35 am and I stumbled on a presentation you would be very interested in. ( It is happening live. ) Google Quantum of the Seas and I went to the live conference. They are explaining and showing aspects of the new ship. I will check back later to hear your impression of the ship.

Sali

Chris,

It is just 10:35 am and I stumbled on a presentation you would be very interested in. ( It is happening live. ) Google Quantum of the Seas and I went to the live conference. They are explaining and showing aspects of the new ship. I will check back later to hear your impression of the ship.

Sali

Watching it now :)

Chris,

Sali

I have one thing to say.... I cannot wait to do a LIVE from Quantum of the Seas!!!! :D

I have one thing to say.... I cannot wait to do a LIVE from Quantum of the Seas!!!! :D

Chris, somehow I thought you were going to say that. I went to the RCL site also and found videos now available to view.

Sali

Thanks again for the wonderful review, Chris! I'm finally caught up and very much appreciated the photos and all the wonderful information. I appreciate you seeing the Silhouette safely off to Rome, we'll be meeting her there in June!

Thanks again for the wonderful review, Chris! I'm finally caught up and very much appreciated the photos and all the wonderful information. I appreciate you seeing the Silhouette safely off to Rome, we'll be meeting her there in June!

Very cool! I hope one day to do a Med cruise :)

Thanks so much for your review and pictures. It looked like you had a great time.

I love the picture from the cabana on Labadee, what number was it?, and any idea how far ahead you can book it?

Thanks!

Judy

Thanks so much for your review and pictures. It looked like you had a great time.

I love the picture from the cabana on Labadee, what number was it?, and any idea how far ahead you can book it?

Thanks!

Judy

It was number 6 on the hillside. Not sure how far out you can book shore excursions but I would say as soon as excursions are available book a cabana right away, they go fast.