LIVE from Celebrity Silhouette, sailing April 7th!

BugsyCruiser

Thanks for the great review. Really enjoyed it. I have only cruised Celebrity one time, but was really impressed. Of course, there are always things we don't like, but that is with everything in life. You just roll with the punches.

I will look forward to any upcoming reviews you do. Thanks again and happy cruising.....

Gwen :)

Thanks so much for your review and pictures. It looked like you had a great time.

I love the picture from the cabana on Labadee, what number was it?, and any idea how far ahead you can book it?

Thanks!

Judy

Judy - we booked our cabana as soon as we booked our cruise. They are in the excursion section of the Royal Caribbean website. We sail in November and I booked the cabana in March.

thanks for the quick replies Bugsy and janeyzee, we're looking at a Jan '14 cruise. :) way too far away ...

Judy

Well if you book that cruise, check the shore excursions frequently and as soon as those cabanas become available, book one. They'll go fast, maybe even sell out the same day they become available

I apologize my friends. There was one last thing I forgot to post on here. This was my second LIVE review as you all probably know.... when I got off Oasis was I simply blown away by the ship. It was incredible. I never thought another ship could "wow" me like Oasis did, and I was wrong. Silhouette blew me away as well but for different reasons. I know Gambee posted a comparison/scorecard for Allure vs. Silhouette and I wanted to do the same. So stay tuned for the final verdict... this might even surprise myself :D

My friends here it is... the final scorecard, which one will win? By the way they're both winners as far as I'm concerned... they've both earned repeat business from me

Oasis of the Seas

044_zps49c67af8.jpg

versus...

Celebrity Silhouette

263_zpse3e56247.jpg

I'll break down each part and give you who I feel won in each category. IMHO, it'll be a lot of fun...

My friends here it is... the final scorecard, which one will win? By the way they're both winners as far as I'm concerned... they've both earned repeat business from me

Oasis of the Seas

044_zps49c67af8.jpg

versus...

Celebrity Silhouette

263_zpse3e56247.jpg

I'll break down each part and give you who I feel won in each category. IMHO, it'll be a lot of fun...

Hi Chris:)I had no idea I was in that one....you got me from the side...at least the blue bag was covering me LOL

Edited by Lois R

Cabins...

I had a junior suite on Oasis. Nice and roomy, had a shower/bathtub combo plus a larger balcony than the standard ones.

On Silhouette I had a balcony cabin but in Aqua Class. A nice sized cabin but with the perks such as fresh fruit, appetizers(when I ordered them) plus loved that handheld shower plus the massaging jets.

Slight edge to.... Silhouette

Dining...

The MDR on Oasis was nice. Food was very good. As far as specialty restaurants I dined at Chops Grille, Giovanni's, and Izumi. Giovanni's was excellent. One big downfall in the MDR on Oasis was the lack of enforcement on the dress code especially on formal nights. Johnny Rocket's was a very good choice for breakfast. Great coffee all around.

My MDR on Silhouette was Blu and the food was excellent IMHO. The duck was superb, so were the steaks. As far as specialty restaurants, I dined at Tuscan Grille, Qsine, and Lawn Club Grill. Tuscan was very good as was Qsine but too much food! Can't believe I said that. LCG was good but not worth the 40 dollar cover charge. Bistro on 5 was a great choice for lunch

Clear edge to.... Silhouette

Activities:

Oasis will blow you away with activities. It's fun all day long but without bopping you over the head with it. The comedy show was a riot, so was Love and Marriage and Quest. Oasis of Dreams is a must see in my opinion at the Aquatheater.

Silhouette had good activities but more subdued. The sin city comedy show was great. Liars club was funny and loved the improv comedy show(good job Nancy)

By the way both ships did an excellent job of keeping announcements to a minimum. But in this area,

Clear edge goes to.... Oasis

More to come my friends

Hi Chris:)I had no idea I was in that one....you got me from the side...at least the blue bag was covering me LOL

That happens when you take a lot of shots with the camera. I still can't get over the guy who threatened to sue my friend for taking his photo without his permission even though my friend was trying to get a shot of the ship and this genius walked in his way as he took the photo :rolleyes:

That happens when you take a lot of shots with the camera. I still can't get over the guy who threatened to sue my friend for taking his photo without his permission even though my friend was trying to get a shot of the ship and this genius walked in his way as he took the photo :rolleyes:

Huh?:eek: when did that happen? On our cruise?:confused:

More of the final scorecard:

The spa:

This is one area where I feel Oasis fell way short. The Oasis spa to me is not relaxing. It's put in an area where there are hardly any windows. I thought the waiting area was nice but the treatment room felt like a doctor's examination room. Plus my massage left a lot to be desired as the therapist used way too much pressure and left me feeling ever sorer than when I arrived.

The Aqua spa on Silhouette is a different story. A beautiful area IMHO. The waiting room is very relaxing and so was the treatment room. It felt like a spa. Plus those heated tile chairs are wonderful with a great view of the ocean. Plus the massage was what a massage should be, just the right amount of pressure plus she nearly put me to sleep!

Clear edge goes to.... Silhouette

Pool areas:

Oasis is the winner here for obvious reasons. A lot more people. I was stunned at how small the pool areas where on Silhouette. Sorry, but Oasis wins this area hands down. The solarium on Silhouette was very nice, maybe too peaceful :D I did not visit the solarium on Oasis so it's not fair to try and rate it till I do.

Clear edge goes to.... Oasis

The bars:

My favorite bars on Oasis were the on air club and the champagne bar. Love those flirtinis and Andy is a great bartender.

But they were blown away by the Martini and Molecular bar on Silhouette. Lodia, Andrei, and Santos are excellent bartenders. The most addicting drinks to me is the chocolate martini, dragonfly, and tanned russian. Trust me, they are great.

Clear edge goes to.... Silhouette

Public areas:

The Oasis has a fantastic royal promenade and Central Park and the Boardwalk are pure genius in my opinion. I know many friends back home that repeatedly said "That's on a ship???"

Silhouette has a beautiful atrium, typical of upscale cruise ships. It's shopping area is more subdued and leans more upscale. The band though can get rather loud... thankfully my cabin was mid aft so noise was not an issue.

Edge goes to.... Oasis

More of the final scorecard:

NEITHER ship felt crowded. Both did a great job in this area.

So this is a tie

The itineraries:

Both did the western Caribbean route. Honestly, I can do without Falmouth. The port area is very nice but other than that it doesn't impress me. But I know it brings the area a lot of revenue so it is what it is.

Love Cozumel... only advantage is Oasis spends 11 hours there.

Same with Labadee... Oasis spends 9 hours there, Silhouette spends 7.

Loved Grand Cayman and glad Silhouette went there. Grand Cayman is mounting a serious challenge to St. Thomas as my favorite island IMHO.

So this area? I'll call it a tie.

Finally the terminals they use in Port Everglades.... Oasis and Allure use the fabulous terminal 18. That's probably the smoothest boarding and disembarkation I've experience. Equinox is lucky to be able to use this terminal when she is in port. Terminal 25 is an absolute nightmare as I stated earlier in my review. There needs to be improvement in this area Celebrity, and the sooner the better.

Clear Edge goes to... Oasis

Told you I would surprise even myself.

Silhouette wins in four areas

Oasis wins in four areas

In two areas it's a tie.

So it ends being a draw. Both ships are winners. I cannot wait to sail on Oasis and Allure again, and the S class ships of Celebrity.

Now I anxiously await Quantum as well :D

We have a January 2014 cruise booked in Silhouette and I booked an over the water cabana almost 2 months ago.

I had to re-read this a couple of times to figure out you meant Labadee and not on Silhouette. Because we all now how much you dislike those Lawn Club Cabanas.:D

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I had to re-read this a couple of times to figure out you meant Labadee and not on Silhouette. Because we all now how much you dislike those Lawn Club Cabanas.:D

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Indeed! The lawn club cabanas might be more appealing if they were over the water though. ;)