Drinking water hazard in Turks & Caicos

FIRELT5

Grand Turk is fine...the issue is the cruise center...so when you dock..you don't have to stay at the port if you don't want to...you can walk next door to White Sands Resort or all the other bars and fun places along the beach...

We really liked the pool! :( Does the White Sands Resort have a pool? Do they do day passes?

We really liked the pool! :( Does the White Sands Resort have a pool? Do they do day passes?

White sand Resort does have a pool...it's free you don't need day passes...there is also a beach bar and a restaurant on premises...

Enjoy

Grand Turk is fine...the issue is the cruise center...so when you dock..you don't have to stay at the port if you don't want to...you can walk next door to White Sands Resort or all the other bars and fun places along the beach...

We just got back from spending 8 days on Grand Turk. NO ill effects and heard that the cruise center has its own water supply. We visited the CS the Monday that Carnival Freedom docked and had smoothies at Froots. They were great, and didn't "poison" us.

I think most people on the island drink bottled water, but brushing teeth, bathing, etc. was done daily with no ill effects. Had beverages with ice and ate the wonderful local food all 8 days. From the people at Manta House (our hosts) and from the belongers (locals) there has been NO outbreak of illness on the island. Think the chances of being enclosed with a few thousand fellow cruisers would be much more of a risk than sampling the local fare on Grand Turk . . .

I was just there last Friday on the Ruby Princess and I had the best time. I took the excursion to Gibbs Cay and swam with the stingrays. It also included snorkeling. The island and water are so, so beautiful. I will definitely return here again.

Don't let the water scare keep you from experiencing a beautiful island. You will be fine if you take a few precautions. I ate lunch on the ship before I got off and didn't eat or drink anything on the island. I didn't hear of anyone that had any ill effects from visiting the island.

IMHO the bigger issue is not what you do but everyone else.. 2000+ passengers going into the port and you know not all 2000+ will pay attention to warnings no matter how many times they are repeated. They bring it back to ship and then the beginning if noro is begun. You can't control what everyone else does.

The port needs to stay closed.

I totally agree. Illness become airborne. Just because you take your own water doesn't mean you are safe. Especially if they are telling everyone to wash hands frequently. I would prefer they replace that stop with a sea day or some other location.

I totally agree. Illness become airborne. Just because you take your own water doesn't mean you are safe. Especially if they are telling everyone to wash hands frequently. I would prefer they replace that stop with a sea day or some other location.

This is not an airborn illness. It is like eating bad food, you have to drink the water not touch someone who has. Ships have been telling you to wash your hands for years, and it is a good practice. It's like when your water supply goes bad at home and the water company tells you to boil the water to drink. And yes this is what my doctor told me and laughed when I told him some of the replies on here.

Just home from Splendor cruise. We were in Grand Turk the 13th.

As far as I know there were no problems we swam and also had drinks made with ice. I am glad we got to stop there I have been there several times before and I enjoy that Island

Archived