Nighttime Entertainment on the Veendam ?

Cruising Jedi

I have been warned the night time shows are geared toward "older folks"...we have always enjoyed the shows on other ships (comedians, a "rock and roll classics" type of show, sort of Broadway shows). Would it be similar on Veendam? I know someone who makes it sound like I should expect to just see Lawrence Welk type shows (not that there's anything wrong with him, lol)

Every time my family wants to sail HAL it seems like someone is discouraging us but we're determined - the Veendam, particularly, seems to always be going where and when we want to go :D

Entertainment is always subjective. We enjoyed the offered entertainment on our Jan Veendam cruise.

That being said the entertainment on each Hal ship is constantly changing. New guitar player, new Hal cats, headliners, piano bar and even the ships entertainment cast.

Our past three cruises we have thought the entertainment was better than in the past. Is it fantastic? Well, it's a lot better than our small town's local VFW offered entertainment on a Saturday night.

Our last cruise we had a headliner tenor whom we thought was fair and the next day a fellow passenger was ripping his performance apart. The passenger was a alumnus of Julliard School Of Music and was an opera pianist accompanist so in his judgment all of the entertainment was poor.

So entertainment varies by ship and with it constantly changing it is up to the viewer.

I would love to attend the Veendam Show Room At Sea tonight versus our local entertainment scene.;)

There's no "Lawrence Welk" type music to be found on any HAL ship anymore.

Trust me, I've looked. Everything is at least as recent as 1960, and some much more recent than that.

We were just on the Feb. 20 sailing and really enjoyed the entertainment. The shows in the Showroom at the Sea were as good, and in some cases better than other HAL cruises we have been on. The highlight for us was the guitar player, Kenny Stringer. By the end of the cruise, you had to get to the Mix early to get a seat... he had quite a following! The Adagio String group was the best we have heard on a HAL cruise.

Archived