150 Central Park

My husband and I are thinking of doing 150 CP one night to have a romantic dinner without the kids. My question is about the wine pairings. My husband doesn't drink and I only usually will have one glass of wine total with a special dinner out. Can I just order one glass of wine and not get the whole package? How is it priced? Thanks.

My husband and I are thinking of doing 150 CP one night to have a romantic dinner without the kids. My question is about the wine pairings. My husband doesn't drink and I only usually will have one glass of wine total with a special dinner out. Can I just order one glass of wine and not get the whole package? How is it priced? Thanks.

Yes, just book dinner but not the wine pairing dinner. You can order a glass of wine separately.

Having booked for 150, I'm interested about the 'pairings' I keep seeing a reference to. What is it and more importantly how much does it cost?

Dinner in 150 has 2 prices. The usual price without the wine pairings, $45 pp or add the wine pairings for each course and it's $75 pp (if I'm not mistaken). We have not done the wine pairings in 150 for 2 reasons: we love the cumcumber martinis and we save the wine pairings for the Chef's Table. We just buy a bottle or a glass of our favorite wine if we want some with dinner. Remember this is a tasting menu but each bite is amazing and you really don't need larger portions, imho....BTW, the martinis cost $15 each but we feel worth every penny. There are 2 different menus also - depends on ship which one may be slightly better;). We solve that problem by going the 1st and last night of every cruise that has 150 Central Park:D

We loved 150 Central Park ... but the wine pairing wasn't for us.

:rolleyes: The bottles of wine we ordered may not have been what went with our meals ... but it was what we wanted.

Actually, the wine pairing was not pushed at all.

LuLu

~~~~

We loved 150CP. Did it on both the Oasis and Allure. The cucumber martini is really good. Highly recommend it. We didn't do the wine pairing either but have heard even people who split it come out of dinner feeling a bit shall we say tipsy? Wine by the glass worked for us.

150 Central on the Oasis is in my option the best Specialty Restaurant at sea. If you aren't big wine drinkers just order a glass.

We sail on Oasis next weekend and will take in both menus at 150 park. Can't wait.

Dinner in 150 has 2 prices. The usual price without the wine pairings, $45 pp or add the wine pairings for each course and it's $75 pp (if I'm not mistaken). We have not done the wine pairings in 150 for 2 reasons: we love the cumcumber martinis and we save the wine pairings for the Chef's Table. We just buy a bottle or a glass of our favorite wine if we want some with dinner. Remember this is a tasting menu but each bite is amazing and you really don't need larger portions, imho....BTW, the martinis cost $15 each but we feel worth every penny. There are 2 different menus also - depends on ship which one may be slightly better;). We solve that problem by going the 1st and last night of every cruise that has 150 Central Park:D
Thanks for the explanation. I wonder how the pairings prices work if, like we have, booked a dining package which includes Giovanni's, Chops and 150. I would like to assume they just add the difference in price to the final check.

I also read that there are 2 menus for a 7 night sailing. Does anyone know if you can see both menus on day 1? The reason I ask is that as we have the dining package we have had to book Giovanni's for day 1 or 2 (gone for day 2) and then we need to book both Chops and 150 when we're aboard. Trying to fit all this in with Rita's Fiesta on day 4 is becoming a challenge!

Thanks for the explanation. I wonder how the pairings prices work if, like we have, booked a dining package which includes Giovanni's, Chops and 150. I would like to assume they just add the difference in price to the final check.

We also had the package and you're correct that they just charge you for any drinks. I took the wine pairing but DH did not as he doesn't care for wine. I'm quite a big wine drinker and I still couldn't get through it all - walked out very well fed and decidedly tipsy!

150 was hands down our best meal on the ship :) We also enjoyed our meals at Giovanni's and Chops.

We also had the package and you're correct that they just charge you for any drinks. I took the wine pairing but DH did not as he doesn't care for wine. I'm quite a big wine drinker and I still couldn't get through it all - walked out very well fed and decidedly tipsy!

150 was hands down our best meal on the ship :) We also enjoyed our meals at Giovanni's and Chops.

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated. Many we'll go for the wine pairings if it's good :D

I did the wine pairings and my DH did not. We both drink and we just shared the pairings (they do not split the wine into separate glasses ... which is understandable).

The cucumber martini is amazing! I'm really looking forward to going to 150 in August. Jan

Thank you, that'll really help decide which day for our reservation.

We tend to like the 2nd menu a tiny bit better on both Oasis and Allure :). And, Rita's Fiesta is a set menu but we liked everything on it and had a fun time (surprised us really). Glad to answer any questions about the specialty dining on Allure or Oasis. We do not eat in the MDR or WJ on these ships:D. Just too many other great choices, imho.

We tend to like the 2nd menu a tiny bit better on both Oasis and Allure :). And, Rita's Fiesta is a set menu but we liked everything on it and had a fun time (surprised us really). Glad to answer any questions about the specialty dining on Allure or Oasis. We do not eat in the MDR or WJ on these ships:D. Just too many other great choices, imho.

We usually try to hit all the specialty dining venues when we cruise, but with Oasis there are just too many! I'm interested in knowing how you would rank them all? I was reading some other posts and it seemed like there were some opinions that the specialty venues weren't worth the extra cost as the food in the MDR is already quite good.

Archived