Coral Breeze VS Carnival in Belize

Texas Trio

We sail 7/10 on Elation and would like to do the Caye Caulker/Shark Ray snorkle. Coral Breeze looks like such a better value for this excursion but I am concerned about some of the posts I've read and problems getting off the ship. Can anyone explain how it works or give me a review on Coral Breeze. Also, what was the lunch provided through Coral Breeze?

We sailed the Elation last June and used Coral Breeze for the Shark/Ray alley Caye Caulker excursion. The main reason we used them was because we wanted to go to Cay Caulker and Carnival's excurison did not offer that. The price was also quite a bit less. We did not have any problems getting off the ship or getting back on time. The only complaint I had was that their main boat was broken down that day so they put about 40 people on a smaller boat. We were crammed in and it was hot etc. The guides were great and very helpful.. We had a choice of different items for lunch.. We chose hamburgers which were okay..not great. Overall I would recommend them as they did not know that thier boat would be out of commission when we booked. If you have anymore questions, please ask.Stacey

i would defiantely not do carnival excursions if u can book thru reputable companies & I've heard good things about coral breeze. We took the snorkeling trip in belize thru carnival and it was not worth the money at all - $59 pp and it was a big rip off. In Grand Caymen we had booked thur off boat company and it was 1/2 the price and so much better than any of the ships excurisions. You can go down and get a ticket to be the first ones off the ship on a tender & then after about 25 minutes they call anyone can come without a ticket - I"ve heard Coral Breeze will wait for you & if you can't get one of the very first tenders you won't be too far behind.

we were on the elation in may 05. I booked through corral breeze. all went fine. they know that you may one of the "last" off the ship since you did not book through carnival - so they set thier times a little later to begin the excrusion. I think we had to meet at 10:45. that was plenty of time - we were on tender #3 and on the shore by 9:30 or so. the excrusion was great. they did a good job.

Have fun!

:)

We used Coralbreeze in Oct on the Elation, They were great! We ate at a restraunt on Caye Caulker. It was good..not great..but we got our tummies full :) We had chicken, rice and other choices.

Texas Trio - We are also on the July 10th cruise of the Elation. I have heard of other people using Coral Breeze and they seemed to like it. I had read of another company called Reggie's Tours and we have made reservations with him (today) for the cave tubing tour. He had a special of $45 a person for a party of four. I had a little trouble with his web site but eventually got through. I decided to make the reservation by phone as I didn't want to send my credit card info over the internet.

There are going to be 4 of us. My husband, myself, my 14 year old daughter and her 14 year old best friend. We're also from Texas. :)

I'm sure you are getting as excited as we are. My Dh really wants to do the cave tour but our ds isn't quite old enough. We are either all going to snorkle or split and each take a kiddo with us.

Can't wait! :)

Archived