Thumbs up for Carnival

purplekisses

With all the bad press Carnival has recieved over the last two months, I thought I would share a good experience. I was one of the cancelled cruises on the Triumph for April. My PVP and I quickly booked us on another cruise out of New Orleans for 2 weeks later, which worked with my husbands and mine work schedules. I am actually glad we are cruising from New Orleans as it is a place I always wanted to visit. We used the 25% off that was given us becasue of the cancelled cruise and used it to spend 2 days in New Orleans. I had booked Spirit Airlines to Houston and Southwest back. Southwest was an easy change to book New Orleans flights. When I booked the Spirit Airlines I prepaid my baggage fees and assigned seats. I was not sure if Carnival would refund that part of the airfare price or not, but they did.

I am happy and pleased with the customer service I recieved. Everyone I dealt with pleasant. I know they have been really business with all the cancellations. My husband and I love to cruise on Carnival, we have never cruised another cruise line because we are happy with service and price of Carnival.:D

Thanks for posting something positive for a change, seems that the folks with negative comments have more time to post than the folks with positive things. But its important to hear both sides, makes for better informed cruisers.

With all the bad press Carnival has recieved over the last two months, I thought I would share a good experience. I was one of the cancelled cruises on the Triumph for April. My PVP and I quickly booked us on another cruise out of New Orleans for 2 weeks later, which worked with my husbands and mine work schedules. I am actually glad we are cruising from New Orleans as it is a place I always wanted to visit. We used the 25% off that was given us becasue of the cancelled cruise and used it to spend 2 days in New Orleans. I had booked Spirit Airlines to Houston and Southwest back. Southwest was an easy change to book New Orleans flights. When I booked the Spirit Airlines I prepaid my baggage fees and assigned seats. I was not sure if Carnival would refund that part of the airfare price or not, but they did.

I am happy and pleased with the customer service I recieved. Everyone I dealt with pleasant. I know they have been really business with all the cancellations. My husband and I love to cruise on Carnival, we have never cruised another cruise line because we are happy with service and price of Carnival.:D

Same for us. Just got back from cruising on the Elation, had lots of fun, the staff was great and booked another cruise in Dec. on the Sunshine. :D

We have enjoyed all our cruises with Carnival. I was expecting longer wait times for refunds and such, but things went very smooth.

I read all the posts that have something bad to say and wonder if the people that are nit picky are just hyper senstive. I am one that goes with the flow and tries to make the best of unexpected things. I look forward to being able to go on vacation and relaxing. If you let every little thing ruin your vacation why both going. I believe SH*% happens, but how you deal with it determines how you come out smelling. :D

Great to see a positive post on Carnival.

I too called Carnival recently, in the height of the "Friends and Family" sale to request a price break.

The automated recording said wait time was up to 90 minutes and I was stunned when I was put through in literally less then two minutes.

The Rep was super nice and helpful. Probably the nicest Rep I have spoken to so far.

Knowing that these call takers were overwhelmed with all that is going on currently, It probably didn't hurt that I started out by saying "I am sooooo sorry for doing this to you right now, but I am calling about a price drop."

We both laughed and away she went with helping me.

I'm not happy, nor do I agree with many of the changes that Carnival has implemented, but I try to give Carnival some leverage for attempting to stay competitive in this industry. - Before we attack, it would be wiser to find out why ... then attack. (lol, kidding!!)

Archived