Mendenhall Glacier Hike

alimithani19

Looking into doing a hike from one of the trails which start from Mendenhall Glacier visitor center. If anyone has done a hike from there before would you recommend a trail preferably which gets you closest to the glacier or do you recommend the tour offered by Carnival. I believe its called Mendenhall Glacier Guides Choice Adventure Hike. Thanks for your help.

The trail usually used with the guided tour is the Trail of Time. I believe I already suggested you look at the Mendenhall website and trail guide.

NONE from the visitor center, are glacier access. The closest trail will be the open, along the lake, Nugget Falls trail, that takes an hour.

The trail to Nugget Falls should take 45 minutes to an hour each way. It looks spectacular! Here is a photo I took from the visitor center looking towards Nugget Falls. If you look very closely, those little specks you see at the bottom of the falls are actually people!

CIMG4132.jpg.2032bfb84641bc8b6ade72d0e543e1d6.jpg

The trail to Nugget Falls should take 45 minutes to an hour each way. It looks spectacular! Here is a photo I took from the visitor center looking towards Nugget Falls. If you look very closely, those little specks you see at the bottom of the falls are actually people!

It is pretty easy to do Nugget Falls trail in an hour round trip, even with a lot of stops. You mention "looks", you go there?

It is pretty easy to do Nugget Falls trail in an hour round trip, even with a lot of stops. You mention "looks", you go there?

No, we didn't go there. The sign at the beginning of the trail said it would take about 45 minutes one way to reach the falls. So we thought that the round-trip with a half hour of viewing the falls would be a two hour block of time we just didn't have.

No, we didn't go there. The sign at the beginning of the trail said it would take about 45 minutes one way to reach the falls. So we thought that the round-trip with a half hour of viewing the falls would be a two hour block of time we just didn't have.

As a first hand comment, it is mostly agreed upon, by many others on this board to be very easily done in an hour. I have walked it many times, including twice last year. It's no rush at an hour.

Archived