Full fare for kids??

Guest OBAYbee

Another thing to keep in mind. Some cruise lines won't accept infants under 3 months of age.

CXR tsk tsk

I cruise with my daughter. She was 8 on the first cruise and was 10 on the second. Yes, I pay full fare for her, and she is worth every penny.

I can't imagine a better traveling companion and I have never questioned the cruise line's expectation that she pay full rate. After all, rates are always advertised as being based on double occupancy.

I do, however, admit that I beg her to order off the adult menu. It pains me to watch her order chicken fingers and fries for dinner.

I do, however, admit that I beg her to order off the adult menu. It pains me to watch her order chicken fingers and fries for dinner.
Yep, I know the pain of those full fare hot dogs and nuggets! DD won't even branch out to kid friendly items that have ever swam in the ocean like fish sticks or friend shrimp...strictly land based carnival food for her. But, if that makes her happy, I'll continue hiding the dollar signs bulging out of my eyes behind a pair of sunglasses, and just keep smiling. :p

Archived