Veendam Pacific Northwest Apr 14-18...what to pack?

CubanIrish

Hi all,

I've booked a last-minute getaway on the Zaandam from San Diego to Vancouver. It'll be my first time on a cruise ship, and I expect it will be chilly. What do you suggest I pack? (Dinner is smart casual each night; my main hope is to neither freeze nor be overdressed!)

Thanks in advance,

Ray

I took this cruise two years ago. It was a great 4 day getaway. Seas were kind of rough and I enjoyed sitting in the Crows nest watching the waves. Dress warmly. Even if it is sunny the wind will be really cool. I usually do a lot of walking around the deck for exercise but on this cruise I was able to do it only once because of the temps and wind. So I went to the gym. Try and use the treadmill with the ship rocking......it was interesting. I did a lot of reading, relaxing and watching the waves. As far as dresscode, I saved my jeans for daytime and I brought one set of black pants with two different tops and just alternated them. It was actually nice not to have to bring formal wear (but I do enjoy dressing up on longer cruises). Enjoy. You will like the Zaandam.

Archived