Izumi for kids and MDR question

We are getting our dining reservations together and are wondering how you feel about Izumi for a 14 year old (who will eat anything that doesn't move!) and a 12 year old who is VERY picky.

Also, we have early seating in the MDR, but after going from no specialty dining, to reserving CHOPS, 150 CP and possibly Izumi, would it be more considerate for us to switch to MTD since we will be missing 3 of 7 nights in the MDR? I don't know the etiquette here, but I don't want be rude by not being there. That said, we've already pre-paid tips and plan to inform our server which nights we will not be there. I've read other similar threads, but just would like to hear more opinions. Thanks.

MDR or MTD really doesn't make a difference. It's your choice. Personally I think people on CC make too big of deal if tablemates don't show up when selecting MDR. I just let the waiter know the night before that I won't be dining the next night. Not a big deal.

Re: Izumi

Hard to say if your kids will like it. Here's the menu you decide for yourself. Note prices may not be current on this menu but items are . http://www.beyondships.com/RCI-ALOS-Menu-5.html

We are admitted sushi snobs and thought, "Finally!! good, fresh, tasty, "real" sushi On board"...they even accommodated making our rolls without the standard nori! I hope it didn't change., we were on Oasis in 2011..Our son enjoyed the hot rock very much...'

I just posted a couple pics of sushi from Izumi here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1824623

menu

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=934

some pics:

DSC_0571.jpg

Excellent Tuna

DSC_0565.jpg

Tatsuta Age ( I think they call it....Kara-Age) It is Chicken. Kids love it.

DSC_0568.jpg

Oops, and Hot Rock

DSC_0572.jpg

And.....Yaki Udon....My daughter said she has had much better.

DSC_0577.jpg

Do you have to pay seperate for the food you get at Izumi. I know there is a $5 cover for dinner, but what about the food. Are the prices on the side of each dish.

Thanks

Yes - Pricing in all Ala Carte and noted on menu by each item

Archived