Confused

Calker

Mine came this afternoon from Andrew ... but I bet they're all the same person!

I also keeping hearing from "Hans" from another cruiseline and "Robert" from another ... all because I've made inquiries. I made it perfectly clear that I wasn't booking anything yet ... but still ... they all wanna be my new best friend!

Got my email late this afternoon from Heather. This looks SO much like your average scam email!! If RCI is actually responsible for this they should be ashamed of themselves!! Lying to me is NOT the way to entice me to do further business with you!!!!

Subject: Sorry We Missed You

Dear Xxxxx,

Thank you for your interest in Royal Caribbean International. My name is Xxxxxxx Xxxxxx and I’m your Royal Caribbean Certified Vacation Planner.

In response to your request, I have attempted to contact you by telephone. My apologies as I’ve been unable to reach you. Planning cruise vacations is my specialty, in addition to being a CLIA accredited Cruise Counselor, I also take great pride in providing personalized service. I look forward to having the opportunity to introduce you to our innovative ships, amazing activities, and the benefits and affordability of cruising.

I understand that your time is valuable and I want to make it easy for you and I to connect. To that end, I have included my contact information so that you can reach me in a manner that is most convenient for you.

Warm Regards,

Received the above e-mail this morning.

We are interested in RCCL, we have a cruise booked for this December.

We did NOT request anything by website, snail mail, phone or e-mail.

When did Royal start with CVP's?

How is Xxxxxxx going to introduce me to RCCL, when I am already at 40+ sea days?

After checking our telephone call log, I see no missed phone calls from RCCL.

I don't understand, why send out an e-mail to a returning customer? Especially one with false information.

How do I get rid of this CVP? I prefer to continue booking cruises as I have in the past. I definitely don't want to use this one who has no idea what she is talking about.

It was a "glitch" in the system. Ignore.

I've received 2 so far (out of the 10 people I have under my email address for our next cruise) and neither of them has actually been to ME!

So far my new BFF's are

Yadira Alvarez

&

Gustavo Guzman

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

I'm sure it's a phishing scheme and not actually from RCI. I got one today and it is from "RCI@rccl.com". I had one a few weeks ago - didn't bite then, and won't now! I had forgotten who it was from on the first one, until I saw the name Samuel Ames on the one today - same name. I too, had had no prior missed call. Are these people too stupid to know we have caller ID on our phones?

I'm sure it's a phishing scheme and not actually from RCI. I got one today and it is from "RCI@rccl.com". I had one a few weeks ago - didn't bite then, and won't now! I had forgotten who it was from on the first one, until I saw the name Samuel Ames on the one today - same name. I too, had had no prior missed call. Are these people too stupid to know we have caller ID on our phones?

What shocks me is the number of people on an internet forum who assume it's a glitch at RCI instead of a phishing scheme. Although no one apparently bit, that's a little scary...

According to the rep I spoke to this afternoon (I have two cruises booked so wanted to make sure they were not cancelled or had any other such similar issue) it was glitch in their system. They had "accidentally" sent out that email to their entire database. She apologized for any inconvenience and did not try to sell me anything.

Mine was definitely from RCCL. CVP had a very typical Royal e-mail address and the phone number is a RCCL number listed on the RCCL website.

Even if there was a glitch and the e-mail was sent in error, someone had to write it. When they wrote it, they knew the information was NOT true.

Even if there was a glitch and the e-mail was sent in error, someone had to write it. When they wrote it, they knew the information was NOT true.

I had the feeling that the information in the email was relevant to someone, just not to their entire database. When I spoke to the rep, she apologized immediately and never tried to sell me a thing. Basically, just said sorry and good bye. She did not try to engage me in conversation at all. if it was a phishing email, what were they phishing for? I guess I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I was a little ticked the first time we received one of the emails. Most people have Caller ID now, so they can SEE that they haven't missed any of the alleged calls.

After pondering a bit on the first one (which was probably a year ago). It is just a marketing thing, and it is just as easy to delete the one we received today.

We have been receiving such messages intermittently for years, from one CVP or another.

We never booked a cruise with any of them and just ignored their messages.

Several years ago, I noticed a story in the news about a Royal Caribbean CVP being arrested for burglarizing homes of people who were away on cruises.

I thought the woman's name looked somehow vaguely familiar, so I went back and checked some old e-mails that I had not bothered to delete.

Sure enough, it was the same person who had been sending us messages claiming to be our CVP!

The story is still out on the internet.

Here is a link to one of the articles about it, if anyone is interested.

Royal Caribbean vacation planner, husband arrested

Just to clarify, this does not imply that other PVPs are thieves.

There can be dishonest people working for any company.

So do I! No email, no phone call, maybe they lost my information. :eek::p

I feel so much better this morning!! I opened my email to find TWO emails from my Rep Kristina....who has been trying to reach me...if you want I'll be happy to pass along your info so you can get spam mail too...;)

I received the same e mail, however, it was from an RCCL CVP I have used in the past. I did call him as I had no record of him calling me. There has been no further contact from RCCL so I suspect it's a computer glitch.

Since he booked my last cruise in Sept. 2012 I'm surprised he didn't return my call to him.

Funny! I got that email a month or 2 ago, deleted it, and never got another. I didn't like the implication that I had called them.

It hasn't been unusual in the past for them to call me within a day or two after releasing a room I had on temporary hold. That kind of call is understandable. But the excuse for emailing any of us because we called is not understandable when it's just not true.

one from Celebrity also. Since I have a cruise in just 16 days, I called the phone # (I was hoping for an upgrade and the number given was for Royal ). Of course when calling the extension given, Gustav the planner will be on vacation for the next 10 days!

Whoever composed this message and was responsible for sending it to thousands (tens of thousands?) should be reprimanded. I expect better marketing and better treatment from a company I trust.

Rick

Archived