How many cruises are booked in your future?

Villamania

Normally, I do about 2 cruises a year. This year is an anomaly. I've got a 4 day in April, 7 day Med in May which is semi b2b with 7 day Greek isles June 1, 7 day Bermuda in August, 5 day Mexico in July, 7 day Southern Carib in December.

I had a job with about 5 weeks vacation a year and live close enough to the ports that I often drive. All but 2 of those cruises were booked while I was still working. However, around last October, things started getting very weird with my company...to the extent that I started saving money like mad, getting ready for the storm. SO I had planned to take the summer off anyway and change jobs...which is what I'm currently doing and how I can go on so many in a row. A giant tax refund and a friend taking me along on some of those helped the cause too. :D Once I go back to work, I'm sure my cruising activities will go back down to 2-3 a year, but for now, I'm loving my cruise schedule!

I'm not rich or anything, not at all, but I do pretty much live below my means so I can travel. It's more important to me than having a big house and stuff.

My mom and I have 2 booked and going to book another for Dec. We did the Imagination in March then we've got a b2b in nov 2 day glory then 4 day Imagination.

My mom is retired airline so we fly cheap and are also close to NO and Galveston ports.

I work lots of OV time and have good co workers who switch with me for time off if needed. :D

I usually do 1 cruise a year then a land to England to visit my BFF then we do condo in Florida.

Just 2 booked right now an 8 day in June and 15 day in October. We also do one or two land based trips. We are going to the Dominican Republic for a week and then my husband is going to the Sturgis bike rally.

Husband is retired and I still own a business so I have to find someone to cover for me and take a laptop to pay the needy government while I am gone.

We currently have five booked. Med Cruise, B2B with the Trans Atlantic on "Sunshine". A seven day aboard "Breeze" out of Miami, and two "Five days in Paradise" cruises out of Tampa. :cool: We're ready to "Rock-N-Roll". ;)

"SKY"

We have a BtoBtoB this June, including 21 nights on Celebrity's Infinity, and a Westbound TA on the Queen Mary 2. Thanksgiving short cruise. In Dec, we have 15 nights on Celebrity's Century, doing a Eastbound Panama Canal cruise. And in April we have a 7 night California Coastal cruise.

So, six cruises coming up in the next year.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Just wondering - I have been reading these boards for about a year now and I have seen so many people who have B2B or more than 1 cruise confirmed in their future... how many do you have?

We have 2 in the next 8 months - first time ever. This is not the norm - thanks to my very generous in-laws, we are not covering the cost of the December voyage (although personal expenses for a family of 5 can add up). :eek:

Curious how many multi-anual-cruisers are out there? How do you do it? Time off of work, retired, just can't stay away from the high seas etc?

How many do you do in a calendar year?[/quote

currently 2 booked, we just did the NOS in March (the week of our anniversary) and have booked us on the Oasis the second week of Oct, then the Carnival Dream that 'special' week in March 2014. I'd LOVE to do a B2B, but she's not retired, like I am, and only gets 2 weeks of vacation a year, sooo...? :( Maybeeeeeeeeeeeee someday !! My main concern is I'd NEVER get her OFF a ship after 13-14 days !! (But, heck, I couldn't blame HER ! I'm sure not ready after even seven days, to disembark)

Only one currently booked for me! I'm hoping to do an Alaskan next year. I wish I could work it in to my finances to do more than one per year but I enjoy land travel as well. I guess I need to find a job that will give me more time off and a higher salary to fund my travel needs... :eek:

The wife and I did the Alaskan/inland passage (Tracy's arm/Juneau,Skagway,Katachan(sp?) in June 15 2011 on the Carnival Spirit and you will NEVER NEVER regret it. The ship, the service and scenery, all are completely UNBELIEVABLE !! It is, one of the few destinations that my wife will say, without a doubt, 'I would LOVE to do this cruise again' There is just SO much to SEE, but the scenery IS breathtaking.

Curious how many multi-anual-cruisers are out there? How do you do it? Time off of work, retired, just can't stay away from the high seas etc?

How many do you do in a calendar year?

I'm retired and my wife is a teacher. She has periods of unemployment through out the year -- so if she is off, we are traveling. Usually, that means 10 --12 weeks of the year we are on the road; three or four cruises thrown in there. No mortgage, no car payments, no debt, no children, no pets..., :)

Golf and travel are my main two passions. :)

Enjoy!

Kel

Retired here, partner is a doctor. We usually have 3-4 cruises a year. Would do more if there was enough time away from the hospital for my partner.

Most of the cruises are longer ones-10 to 18 days each. Also, try to not repeat too many of the ports, which means traveling farther and farther from home.

The most we had in one year was 6, included a B2B and a couple of short ones.

Happy cruising :)

Archived