Questions about Golden

jbobst

I agree - the Piazza areas for both ships are essentially the same size - take out the Vines shop (or whatever they are selling there now) and they could reconfigure just like Grand Princess...maybe the next major dry dock.
They would need to take out the existing Vines Wine and Seafood Bar in addition to the Vines Shop. That would be an extensive modification. Maybe they should make one large Vines/Alfredo's. That would provide facilities for tapas and sushi with wine or pizza in the same venue.

The area dedicated to Vines and Vines shop on Golden is the same area where Alfredo's and Vines is on Grand. All they need to do is install Alfredo's pizza oven and they're in business.

• 1 month later...
<snip, snip> Golden has the Vista Lounge aft on Deck 7 instead of Club Fusion.

What is the difference between the Vista Lounge and Club Fusion? Does the Vista Lounge actual have views, as the name would imply, or is it closed in like Club Fusion? Thanks!

Club Fusion is a dance venue with tables for drinks and a dance floor.

Vista Lounge is set up with rows of nice chairs and small tables to hold your drinks. It is more for an entertainment show like magician, hypnotist, small venue lectures, etc.

I have a feeling that there was insufficient space for Alfredo's. The Golden is a beauty, & the pizza by the pool is excellent.

Steve

If they were able to add Alfredo's to the Grand there would be enough space on the Golden.

Basically Vines got smaller & moved to the old Vines Shop location and Alfredo's Pizzeria went into the old Vines location. It seems to be a much better utilization of the Piazza's space.

Club Fusion is a dance venue with tables for drinks and a dance floor.

Vista Lounge is set up with rows of nice chairs and small tables to hold your drinks. It is more for an entertainment show like magician, hypnotist, small venue lectures, etc.

Cool -- I think I will like the Vista Lounge! Thanks for the description :)

The Grand never had a Vines Shop. She got the IC, Alfredo's and Vines for the first time during her 2011 drydock. The only ships that ever had (and still have) a Vines Shop are the CB, Golden and Star.

I never saw anyone in this area on our cruise. I thought it was wasted space.

We were on the April 23 Golden Hawaii sailing, and just want to mention that they have a new chef. the food on Golden was the best we ever had on any Princess ship, and we have been on most of them.

This is excellent news!

We were on the April 23 Golden Hawaii sailing, and just want to mention that they have a new chef. the food on Golden was the best we ever had on any Princess ship, and we have been on most of them.

We were on the same sailing and agree the food was some of the best we have had on Princess. We have done the chef's table several times on other ships and did it on this cruise....this was the best one ever. Not only was the food amazing but the presentation, especially on the appetizers in the galley was over the top(think Ipad, Rubber Ducks and Black Sand Beach!)The exec chef is John Convery from Scotland.

We just sailed Sapphire, and I love her. We are sailing Golden in Oct.

When I look at the deck plans, they ask, before May 2013 or after May 2013?? Apparently there will be some upgrades being done now.

Pat

That's due to the fleetwide recategorization of cabins...

http://content.princess.com/pcan/images/1984/Fleet-Recat-Announce.pdf

Is the Crown Grill on the Golden Princess a restaurant where you pay, or is it where you can get food free?

I believe we are to be on deck 7 or the Cribe deck. Is there anything on that deck to check out, or just suite rooms?

Is the Crown Grill on the Golden Princess a restaurant where you pay, or is it where you can get food free?

I believe we are to be on deck 7 or the Cribe deck. Is there anything on that deck to check out, or just suite rooms?

You pay a $25 per person charge to eat at the Crown Grill..

We just sailed Sapphire, and I love her. We are sailing Golden in Oct.

When I look at the deck plans, they ask, before May 2013 or after May 2013?? Apparently there will be some upgrades being done now.

Pat

I think this is what you'll see for all of the Princess ships (except for the Royal and Regal). There's been no physical changes to the Golden in the past several months.

And because Sapphire is wider, doesn't it have a wider outside Promenade deck which allows for padded loungers instead of just padded chairs?

YES! And that's what I like about the beautiful Sapphire. You can sit on a real deck chair and read.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for letting me know the Crown Grill is a paying place.

I mentioned that I thought the Caribe deck was on 7, but in checking further, I found it to be on deck 10.

If you have been on Deck 10 with a balcony, was it a pretty nice room, big enough for two people?

I mentioned that I thought the Caribe deck was on 7, but in checking further, I found it to be on deck 10.

If you have been on Deck 10 with a balcony, was it a pretty nice room, big enough for two people?

The larger half covered Caribe deck balcony cabins are our favorite ones & inside they're the same size as other balcony cabins so enough room for us. We even prefer them over the mini-suites which have a sitting area, couch, 2nd TV & a bathtub but on Dolphin deck are completely uncovered.

But you don't pay to eat the pub lunch at the Crown Grill, unless that has changed since December.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for getting back with me and letting me know Caribe, Deck 10 is a good deck to have a balcony room on. If you can think of anything else that you liked about this ship, please let me know, as we have never been on it.

Archived