A house divided!!!!!!!??????

VallyD

We have only sailed with Celebrity and HAL so far, but we're trying NCL early next year. Our fantastic travel agent knows what we like, has booked us into a deck 10 aft SF suite on the Jewel, and we are anxious to report back about our experience.

Go and enjoy! But, please don't abandon the HAL board... I am always smiling after reading your refreshing posts!

I agree with the others. Let DH book his "dream" cruise and then you can book yours. I do suggest if you go with the mega ships (OTS or Allure) that you get a balcony that overlooks the ocean not Central Park. If things get too crazy on board you can retreat to your balcony and have your own chill time.

We are more likely to choose the cruise line and ship based on itinerary and price.

We sailed on the Allure last year because we got an amazing package of extras from our TA. It was not our first RC cruise and we have been on Carnival numerous times since Hubs daughter works as an entertainer on Carnival.

I LOVED the Allure....Hubs did not. We both agreed that the shows and entertainment were amazing. But we both still had an amazing time and I was glad we tried it. Life is too short to not explore and experience different things. Each cruise line offers different options and experiences.

Is there ever a bad day at sea????

Concordia comes to mind......

I fell in love the moment I boarded the Rotterdam in 2006. We selected our first cruise based on the ports, not the cruise line, but I always felt we got very lucky with both. :)

DH was a little whiny about $$, and thought we paid too much on HAL, but then we sailed on NCL. My hubby is a foodie and was so disappointed with NCL's food that we won't sail them again.

We all place a value ($$ and other ways) on what we find important. I am glad we tried another line, and DH didn't question what it would cost to sail HAL again.

I can't wait to get back on the ocean and another dam ship. But... hoping to hear from the upsell fairy before then!

I think you should try other cruise lines just to experience everything that is out there. After all these years of cruising DH and I still go back and forth between HAL and RCI though HAL has become more comfortable to us in recent years. Much depends on itinerary. But much as you loved your HAL cruise, you may find another one that fits better.:)

We left Royal Caribbean when they started building the monster ships. We haven't been back since our sailing on the Nordic Empress in 1999. Since then, we've sailed on Princess, Celebrity, Holland America, and even Carnival.

It's great to stick with one brand so that you build up your loyalty perks. One of the things we miss on HAL is the free Internet minutes we get on Princess. But our last cruise was on HAL and our next one is as well (just 23 days away). I pick mainly by itinerary and price from among what's being offered by our three favorite cruise lines.

I agree that you only can find what you prefer by sampling several cruise lines. You also need to look at the itineraries. Of course comparable cost might also be a factor.

As you can see from my sig. we tried other lines. I loved the champagne bar on AOS, but hated the noisy, echoing open atrium. Bathrooms impossibly small. Thought the lobster was the best, the rest of the dining room menu just so-so.

Looked at Celebrity deck plans, no lower promenade type areas so gave them a pass.

Princess was just a blah cruise experience although we liked the availability of dancing in many venues.

Considered NCL but just being parked next to their ships and hearing the constant blaring music and announcements told us they were not our style.

Came back to HAL for quiet, friendly service, feeling of not being crowded, ambiance, stateroom size and so much more.

River cruising....a whole different thing and I want to do a lot more of that!

Each person who cruises has certain ideas of what is important to their enjoyment. Test them out and see which line(s) are a best fit. Of course, you can always alternate between lines so both of you are happy.

As with many things in life, half the fun is figuring out what you like best. Enjoy the process!

We have tried a number of lines, as my signature shows Diamond on RCI, today we are finishing our 11 day Zuiderdam, and believe me we will return to HAL.

The crew is AMAZING and the food is outstanding.

RCI is a great line, but for quality I may have to stick with HAL. JMHO

\

Ted:D

Archived