How far is the walk to Jack's Shack & Local Village Bar?

gslargent

Jack's Shack is a 10 - 15 minute walk down the beach. If you looking at Grand Turk from the ship, Jack's Shack is to the left. I don't remember Local Village Bar being there when we were there 3 years ago, but from other posts it appears that it's located between Margaritaville and Jack's Shack.

From what I understand, Grand Turk is safe and easy to find your way around? Will there be any issues walking either down the street or along the beach to reach Jack's Shack?

Yes, I felt very safe in Grand Turk. You can either walk the beach or the street to Jack's Shack. We chose to walk the beach to get there because before our cruise, we'd seen posted on the boards that it was harder to find from the road and easier to spot from the beach.

Maybe someone else who has gone to Jack's from the road can add input.

Here's a couple of pictures to give you an idea:

Jack's Shack is just before the other pier in this picture

100_7474.jpg

Jack's Shack from the beach

DSCF0433A.jpg

From your ship you can see and hear the Local Village Bar and jacks shack is a little farther down the beach. Been to both and like Local Village Bar the best, good conch and reasonable beer and you can take an island tour from there for $20 which was really good. They also have free chairs and it is so close to where you get off the ship you can't miss it.

we went to Jack's Shack this week on Emerald.Only cruise ship at port.Wished we stayed at Margaritiville though.The dog was there busy digging holes.I heard he has been there for years digging away.A lot of the crew were playing volleyball and it kept hitting us all day long.Very crowded and they ran out of local beer and chips.Next time will stay and use pool,music,better drinks at the Princess chair area.Water was beautiful and clear.

Yes...there is a dog at Jack's Shack. His name is Topher and he belongs to the owners. He was there when we were in Grand Turk three years ago (he was two at the time) and we LOVED him! He's actually become somewhat of a celebrity. After reading posts here on this board, CC reviews from those who have visited Grand Turk, and also a very popular "social networking site", this was the first ever complaint I've seen about Topher. Most people love Topher, he's very friendly, well behaved, entertaining, not to mention he's great with people, including kids. Nobody seemed to be bothered by him when we were there. Several people were encouraging the digging and we all thought he was hilarious.

Topher

DSCF0459B.jpg

My DH petting Topher (we called him over to where we were sitting and he came over for a few minutes)

DSCF0460.jpg

we went to Jack's Shack this week on Emerald.Only cruise ship at port.Wished we stayed at Margaritiville though.The dog was there busy digging holes.I heard he has been there for years digging away.A lot of the crew were playing volleyball and it kept hitting us all day long.Very crowded and they ran out of local beer and chips.Next time will stay and use pool,music,better drinks at the Princess chair area.Water was beautiful and clear.

Why did you stay there if so many things were bad? It's such a short walk back to Margaritaville, this makes no sense to me.

Why did you stay there if so many things were bad? It's such a short walk back to Margaritaville, this makes no sense to me.

Only 1 thing was bad.Getting hit in the head by volleyball by drunk teenagers after laser surgery a few weeks before.

Loved the water in front of Jack's shack.loved playing with dog,loved food,loved beer(until they ran out of the local beer),just didn't like getting hit in the head by volleyball after having laser to my eye before trip by a bunch of kids.

Paid $10.00 for a chair and umbrella,so stayed.I suppose I could have got the guy setting up umbrellas to move everything,but didn't.

went to Margaritiville later in the day and it was great.Nice pool,restaurant,bar,music and not crowded with only one ship in port.

Only 1 thing was bad.Getting hit in the head by volleyball by drunk teenagers after laser surgery a few weeks before.

Loved the water in front of Jack's shack.loved playing with dog,loved food,loved beer(until they ran out of the local beer),just didn't like getting hit in the head by volleyball after having laser to my eye before trip by a bunch of kids.

Paid $10.00 for a chair and umbrella,so stayed.I suppose I could have got the guy setting up umbrellas to move everything,but didn't.

went to Margaritiville later in the day and it was great.Nice pool,restaurant,bar,music and not crowded with only one ship in port.

Ahhh, I counted more than 1:

1) volleyball hitting you

2) running out of local beer and chips (is that 1 or 2 things?)

3) better drinks at M-ville

4) very crowded

Archived