For those curious about current passport turnaround times...

We did a renewal by mail and a new application at a passport office. I was quoted 4-6 weeks on the new one but got it back in 3 weeks. The mail renewal also took 3 weeks.

Thanks! This helps me feel better. Nervous about it not getting here in time. I plan to check on its status in a week or so.

We applied for a new passport for our LO on the 9th of August at the County Offices. We had it in hand on the 29th of August. I told my little girl she had a package, and she cried out, "my passport, my passport!" She was so excited she even took a nap with it that day. I had to convince her it was a better idea to keep it with mommy and daddy's passports.

Any new updates for anyone to add?

My husband applied Aug 30 (first time passport non expidited services) so I'll update once we get his back.

I sent hubby's passport app out that day as well. But his is a renewal and I did not expedite it either. I'll let you know if it comes back soon.

Sent in my son's new application for his Passport book on Fri 8/23, we received it in the mail (not expedited) on Sat 9/8. That's 2 weeks, 1 day and that included the Labor Day holiday week!

DH sent his new application for his book on Monday 8/26 and we received it today, still just over 2 weeks. Awesome turnaround time!

Sent in for renewal and within 3 weeks got my new passport (6th one) -- okay now you all know I am ancient.

I had requested that I wanted my old passport back - you now need to this -- I got back my old passport book 2 weeks later.

I just sent my renewal package in. Nowhere in the directions does it mention this, nor did I see any place on the form to request. Can you share why you believe this to be the case?

Theron

Edited by TPKeller

Just sent my renewal package in.

Mailed to the Philadelphia center on September 3rd, arrived September 5th.

On-line status just says "processing."

Are all renewals mailed to the Philadelphia office now? The on-line form lists only the Philadelphia address.

Nothing planned right now, but seriously looking at a late October cruise... I would need to book prior to receiving new passport. No stress there. :)

Theron

Edited by TPKeller

I just sent my renewal package in. Nowhere in the directions does it mention this, nor did I see any place on the form to request. Can you share why you believe this to be the case?

Theron

I don't know why someone would have to ask, mine was returned 2 days after my renewal came.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/faq/faq_1741.html

Went to check hubby's passport status at: http://travel.state.gov/passport/status/status_2567.html

And saw this:

Your passport application is in the final processing stages.

Your passport application locator number is ***********.

When you applied, you requested Routine Service.

This means you should receive your passport on or about 09/21/2013.

Yay! Looks like it will get here next week!

Went to check hubby's passport status at: http://travel.state.gov/passport/status/status_2567.html

And saw this:

Your passport application is in the final processing stages.

Your passport application locator number is ***********.

When you applied, you requested Routine Service.

This means you should receive your passport on or about 09/21/2013.

Yay! Looks like it will get here next week!

That's awesome! It looks like we submitted ours within just a day or two of each other, so I checked my status and it says the same thing! I clicked on the USPS tracking link (although it says it is not a tracking link) and it confirmed that my PP left their post office today. I expect to see it Monday or Tuesday! Not bad at all, Tuesday would be two weeks mailbox to mailbox. Amazing.

Theron

That's awesome! It looks like we submitted ours within just a day or two of each other, so I checked my status and it says the same thing! I clicked on the USPS tracking link (although it says it is not a tracking link) and it confirmed that my PP left their post office today. I expect to see it Monday or Tuesday! Not bad at all, Tuesday would be two weeks mailbox to mailbox. Amazing.

Theron

Hmmm. I did not notice a tracking link. I'll have to look again. Thanks!

The renewal application I mailed in on August 30th came back to us today. NEW PASSPORT! That's 15 days from mailing date. I did mail it priority, just to speed it up a bit over the holiday weekend but probably didn't matter too much.

Hoping everyone gets their passports asap!

The renewal application I mailed in on August 30th came back to us today. NEW PASSPORT! That's 15 days from mailing date. I did mail it priority, just to speed it up a bit over the holiday weekend but probably didn't matter too much.

Hoping everyone gets their passports asap!

Could you tell the date they mailed it? Maybe I should go check my mail! Sometimes I am too lazy to walk across the street every day! :)

Theron

Could you tell the date they mailed it? Maybe I should go check my mail! Sometimes I am too lazy to walk across the street every day! :)

Theron

Sorry, hubby just brought it to me. I didn't get to see what it came in and any dates. HOpe yours is there!

I live in NJ so my application went to Philly. I sent mine on Friday, I am guessing they don't work the weekends so they must had received it on Monday.

I received my new passport on Saturday that same week, it took less than 5 working days.

Do you remember when this was?

Theron

Last week

Cool. Sent to Philly, mine came from NH, so if you're in the northeast, I guess it cuts a day or two off each end for mail. Perhaps they have manufacturing facilities in other places, I'm sure they could easily transfer all the required information electronically to the closest place.

Theron