Car parking options at Southampton?

carhirer

NSWP - Does that not work out very expensive parking at Winchester?

I suppose it depends where one is travelling from..if you require pre cruise hotels. I would think most Brits would travel to Southampton from their homes, direct on day of sailing. But then if you drove down from Scotland you might need to stay and park.

Edited by NSWP

You display their logo in your windscreen so that they recognise you when you arrive at the terminal short stay car park and they have a list of all the vehicles expected that morning. Also, the official on the short-term car park at the terminal knows the Parking4Cruises drivers. In addition to all that, I'm sure they would have ID if we'd asked for it, but on our way to the terminal there was a problem with me ringing the driver before we arrived and he rang me back, then mentioned it when we did arrive so we know we got the right man without asking for ID. They are very good and we would always recommend them.

Equally when we used them and rang in advance (which was when we were in the car park for various reasons-don't ask!!) I heard his phone ringing as he was stood just behind where we were parking. We really should not be allowed out on our own you know!!!

Well, you learn something new every day...

The Holiday Inn at Winchester as suggested by NSWP has a 'Park and Cruise' deal which seems excellent value including accommodation, full English Breakfast, car parking for duration of cruise and transfer to and from Southampton Docks. Its location is ideal for the motorway to Southampton.

Well spotted!

Personally I would prefer to stay nearer to Southampton as there can be horrendous delays on the M3/M27 especially on a Friday afternoon and rush hour times and being nearer lessens the risk.

I have no idea of the price difference though and no doubt you would make sure you allow yourself plenty of time for contingencies!