Worth paying more for Early Saver?

walke2jd

We are currently booked for a B2B Honeymoon Cruise in November on the Carnival Glory. Right now, we are booked at the past guest rate in an 8C balcony room. We have the same room for both cruises.

To get the same room with Early Saver, it would cost about $100 more for both cruises (total, not per cruise), after taking into account the $50 OBC we would get on each cruise.

Is it worth spending $50 a cruise more for the Early Saver so we get the longer price protection?

THANKS!

Considering you could switch to Early Saver, then request the price reduction for PG ... yes.

They are already booked at a lower fare.. they did not say the PG fare now was lower.

I had thought of your answer too .. but then we dont know that there is another lower fare right now other than when they originally booked.

I made the change a week ago from a Promo rate to ES. It was only $10 difference for me that had paid for itself due to the $25 OBC that I am receiving now with the current ES Promo. For $50/leg, I might wait until closer to final payment especially if the rate your are currently booked under allows for changes without a fee. As I understand it, you will be able to switch rates without penalty until the final payment date, which then is when ES begins to make a big difference. I may be wrong and hope someone corrects me if I am.

Wow, so that was a duh moment on my part. We were booked PG and I just noticed it drop yesterday, so I called and got the price match. So the current PG rate is the lowest price!

So, I will be calling and booking Early Saver, then immediately putting in for the price match.

Thanks for the heads up Big Duck and Firefly!!

I made the change a week ago from a Promo rate to ES. It was only $10 difference for me that had paid for itself due to the $25 OBC that I am receiving now with the current ES Promo. For $50/leg, I might wait until closer to final payment especially if the rate your are currently booked under allows for changes without a fee. As I understand it, you will be able to switch rates without penalty until the final payment date, which then is when ES begins to make a big difference. I may be wrong and hope someone corrects me if I am.

ES dissapears 5 months before 7 day cruises and 3 months before shorter cruises. We dont know what cruise the OP is on .. but the ES rate will be gone before final payment.. so they cant wait quite that long.

ES dissapears 5 months before 7 day cruises and 3 months before shorter cruises. We dont know what cruise the OP is on .. but the ES rate will be gone before final payment.. so they cant wait quite that long.

I knew I was probably missing something. Thanks for the clarification.

Wow, so that was a duh moment on my part. We were booked PG and I just noticed it drop yesterday, so I called and got the price match. So the current PG rate is the lowest price!

So, I will be calling and booking Early Saver, then immediately putting in for the price match.

Thanks for the heads up Big Duck and Firefly!!

ok.. If I had known the current pg rate was the lowest.. that would have changed my reply.

great

LOL, or else everyone would do it.

I would change and then immediately put in a price match for past guest. We have literally saved thousands of dollars by using early saver over the past few years. we think it is certainly worth it. Even if someday we would have to lose $50 for a change we would still be way ahead.

But I have a question...

Right now they are PG at the lowest rate.

They change to Early Saver, at a higher rate, get the OBC.

then they want to price match back to the PG rate. Won't they lose the OBC?

Okay, my own duh moment - as I typed that, I realized that their intent is to get to Early Saver, not the OBC...

Archived