Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

No. HW and PL guarantee a room. If you need parking while gone cruising, don't use these blind sites. The hotels can charge you whatever they want for you car when you check in. Use a site that offers park and stay packages.

HotWire - B Ocean Resort $117. Regular rate $170.

4* Ft Lauderdale Beach

Hotel details

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Fitness centerGolf nearbyNear beachPool(s)Restaurant(s)Smoke-free roomsSpa services

Please add the date;)

HotWire - 11/11/17, B Ocean Resort $117. Regular rate $170.

4* Ft Lauderdale Beach

Hotel details

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Fitness centerGolf nearbyNear beachPool(s)Restaurant(s)Smoke-free roomsSpa services

Sorry, I don't know how to edit the original post.

• 2 weeks later...

3.5* Sawgrass Grand Hotel

2 nights at $75 a night plus taxes and Priceline fees and resort fee for a total of $210

Booking the hotel direct would have been $160 a night plus tax.

Recent reviews on Trip Advisor are not good due to construction going on. I'm hoping that it's finished by the time we get there in December.

I wanted a hotel close to the BB&T Center since we're going to see a hockey game the night before our cruise. We'll be renting a car.

Priceline Express Deal ( Opaque, but no bidding)

Two rooms, Nov. 25, one night

$120 + $24.99 taxes and fees per room

4.5 * hotel in downtown/port of Miami zone

Intercontinental, as expected

Not too happy with the $15 resort fee (which I knew about) but the going price on other sites is $153 plus taxes and the resort fee, so still saved a decent amount. We probably won't be using any of the 'resort' facilities.

We were able to choose one bed or two.

I somehow managed to lose my first reply, so sure hope this isn't a duplicate.....

I wanted to bump this thread up as it was so helpful to me when I was researching for the perfect hotel (for us) for our 3/11/2018 stay pre-cruise. It was so overwhelming to me to decide where to stay, and to place a set price of what I was willing to pay for a hotel. I also had to make peace with the fact that if I am willing to use Uber and forego the free shuttle service some hotels offer, it could open up my options a whole lot more. This decision further complicated my thoughts as we are flying into FLL but actually sailing out of Miami! Perhaps easy for some of you, but this stuff gets me into a tail spin!

I ended up using Hotwire, after cross referencing many sites mentioned here. I decided on the downtown Las Olas area as I felt there is a lot of things to do for one day we will be in town and water taxis sound like a lot of fun. Also to be honest, The Fort Lauderdale BEACH area scared me away as I read too many questionable reviews from that area. I decided to participate in the opaque bidding and that was stressful to me so I did add the $14.62 insurance "just in case". This is for two rooms.

I ended up landing The River Side Hotel, and am very pleased. It was set at $150 x 2. Taxes are $65.50 total and of course the $14.62. Total is $380.12. Anyone needs to remember that for my date of travel I was seeing it at anywhere from $229 per room - $249. So I have to be pleased. I will also admit my blunder, that I FORGOT to paste the secret code for $10 off!!!!!! I know its trivial, but these are the things that keep me up at night! LOL. I am being this honest so others can learn from me as I have from others. Remember once you copy a code to affix it into the little rectangular box before you hit "send".

I'm also not meaning to be a big rebel, and go off topic but this thread was instrumental in helping me narrow down my very big zone. I am open to all suggestions and recommendations on what to do on my one day stay in the downtown Las Olas area!!!!!

HAPPY CRUISING

I somehow managed to lose my first reply, so sure hope this isn't a duplicate.....

I wanted to bump this thread up as it was so helpful to me when I was researching for the perfect hotel (for us) for our 3/11/2018 stay pre-cruise. It was so overwhelming to me to decide where to stay, and to place a set price of what I was willing to pay for a hotel. I also had to make peace with the fact that if I am willing to use Uber and forego the free shuttle service some hotels offer, it could open up my options a whole lot more. This decision further complicated my thoughts as we are flying into FLL but actually sailing out of Miami! Perhaps easy for some of you, but this stuff gets me into a tail spin!

I ended up using Hotwire, after cross referencing many sites mentioned here. I decided on the downtown Las Olas area as I felt there is a lot of things to do for one day we will be in town and water taxis sound like a lot of fun. Also to be honest, The Fort Lauderdale BEACH area scared me away as I read too many questionable reviews from that area. I decided to participate in the opaque bidding and that was stressful to me so I did add the $14.62 insurance "just in case". This is for two rooms.

I ended up landing The River Side Hotel, and am very pleased. It was set at $150 x 2. Taxes are $65.50 total and of course the $14.62. Total is $380.12. Anyone needs to remember that for my date of travel I was seeing it at anywhere from $229 per room - $249. So I have to be pleased. I will also admit my blunder, that I FORGOT to paste the secret code for $10 off!!!!!! I know its trivial, but these are the things that keep me up at night! LOL. I am being this honest so others can learn from me as I have from others. Remember once you copy a code to affix it into the little rectangular box before you hit "send".

I'm also not meaning to be a big rebel, and go off topic but this thread was instrumental in helping me narrow down my very big zone. I am open to all suggestions and recommendations on what to do on my one day stay in the downtown Las Olas area!!!!!

HAPPY CRUISING

We’ve won the Riverside many times on Hotwire. It’s a good little property. They are very accommodating. Your info is very helpful. The $10 codes tend to expire quickly.

HAPPY CRUISING

Hi kiminey, can you email me at Janice.hill@shaw.ca please. I think you sound like you can help me with my hotel booking at the same time.

Thank you

Just purchased a Hotwire deal for W Miami for my son and girlfriend. One night for February 16, 2018 for $137 USD - $169 including taxes and fees.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Holy cow!!!! How did you do that?!?! I need a room for my son & his girlfriend for Feb 17th, 2018. I need to go check on this. Was it outright booked or was it an opaque bid? Did you filter in 4 stars?

• 2 weeks later...

I did this 5 days ago:

Express bid...got Springhill Suites on 151 Southwest 18th Court, Dania Beach

3 1/2 stars

8+ guest rating

FLL Airport Dania Beach area

it was $145, with taxes and $5 for insurance came to $178

includes breakfast

today it looks like it is $188 plus taxes

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Priceline Express Deal

Miami International Airport area

Date: February 16-17 2018 (1 night)

Townplace Suites by Marriott Miami Airport

Rate: $77.00 taxes/fees: $17.97 less coupon $9.24=$85.73 total.

Extremely happy with this rate. For this time of year in the Miami area, It's hard to find anything below $200.

Priceline NYOP

Orlando Airport Area

March 15-16, 1 night

Ramada Suites Orlando Airport

$140/night + taxes came to $168. On the Ramada website, they were asking $201/night all in. I usually go with Hotwire but chose Priceline instead because nothing to appealing on Hotwire for my dates. Used this list of known hotels to narrow down which hotel I would get: http://www.hoteldealsrevealed.com/hotelinventory/priceline/fl/orlando. Overall, I'm happy with this win, which saved me about $33 or 15%.

Our deal isn't as good as many of you here but it was late booking for the end of January so I feel pretty lucky. We get in late evening the night before our cruise and want to stay near the airport as we felt that would be easiest. But the prices were $300 and up a night. I bid $170 for 3 star and didn't get any takers, so I bumped down to 2 1/2 stars and got it. Sleep Inn Dania, it is normally about $170 but for this time of year was running $340 and fully booked on some sites. It also has a shuttle and is walking distance to stores so I'm happy with it.

• 5 weeks later...

Priceline Express Deal

Radisson at the Port

3stars

5/12/2018

$85 plus taxes $18.97 = $103.97

Hotel was selling for $168 plus taxes $212.90

Happy with the deal 50% savings :)

NCL Breakaway 6/2019

Oasis of the Seas 5/2018

Allure of the Seas 4/2016

Enchantment of the Seas 7/2009

Carnival Victory ???

• 2 weeks later...

Renaissance FLL Cruiseport Hotel

Hotwire - Hot Rate 4* Hotel deal

Port Everglades area

Amenities - Business center, Fitness center, Golf nearby, Internet access, Near beach, Pet friendly,

Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Smoke-free rooms

09/08/18 - 09/09/18, 2 Adults

$128 /night plus $29.11 = $157.11