Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

I never bid before and not sure how to do it. Yes, I do have an idea but how to get the hotel I like is my problem. I pre booked the Riverside in Ft. Lauderdale for Feb. 1st and 2nd of 2014. I'm paying close to $200.00 per night. I know it is season and it is a Sat. Night and Sun. Night. I would love to bid and get a lower rate. I pick down town and the Riverside is no were to be found. Is their is a way I could get my chances closer to get it? After all it is the ONLY hotel down town. Please any of you who can help I would appreciate it.

I never bid before and not sure how to do it. Yes, I do have an idea but how to get the hotel I like is my problem. I pre booked the Riverside in Ft. Lauderdale for Feb. 1st and 2nd of 2014. I'm paying close to $200.00 per night. I know it is season and it is a Sat. Night and Sun. Night. I would love to bid and get a lower rate. I pick down town and the Riverside is no were to be found. Is their is a way I could get my chances closer to get it? After all it is the ONLY hotel down town. Please any of you who can help I would appreciate it.

Google priceline/hotwire wins you should come up with a few sites to help you make an educated guess at what the hotels are.

Riverside is NOT the only hotel downtown!

I am also looking for that time frame and prices are high, the price we pay for cruising :D Ive got the Emabbasey suites booked but will cancel if I win somthing a bit more affordable.

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

Got the Edgewater South Beach in Miami Beach for $149.00 plus tax = about $178. However there is also an $18 per night resort fee not included in Hotwire's rate. Lowest price I could find anyplace else for this hotel for that date was $209 before taxes and resort fee. Not a steal, but a reasonable price for a South Beach hotel at that time of year, I think.

I believe it is rated 3.5 stars on most sites and 4.0 on some others.

Is someone kind enough to explain how we could bet please! I just created an account on hot wire and cant find anything regarding betting!!

The bidding website is Priceline.

Hotwire is for selecting unknown Hotels with a given price and given star rating.

Better bidding website does give guidance.

I just placed a bid of $72 on Priceline for a 3* hotel in zone #2 (Fort Lauderdale downtown) for the night of November 8,2013. My bid was not accepted and I was wondering what seems to be the going rate for a 3* hotel during that time period? I'd appreciate a little guidance as this process new to me. Priceline lists Hyatt at $126 and says "name your own price" is about 50% off. But they refused my $72 bid which is less than 50% off. I'm confused!!! HELP

Priceline Accepted Bid - $85

For One Night - April 18, 2014

Total Cost with taxes/fees = $98.67

Stay is just before Easter and prices probably won't drop till last minute! No shuttle here, but free breakfast and very near the beach and Las Olas. We stayed at the Marriott at Beach Place a couple years ago, so we're familiar with the area and we're happy to be back for one night!

Priceline Accepted Bid - $85

For One Night - April 18, 2014

Total Cost with taxes/fees = $98.67

Stay is just before Easter and prices probably won't drop till last minute! No shuttle here, but free breakfast and very near the beach and Las Olas. We stayed at the Marriott at Beach Place a couple years ago, so we're familiar with the area and we're happy to be back for one night!

Very nice deal:D We really Like this Best Western!

Made my first Priceline winning bid.

Details:

Hyatt Regency Pier 66

Jan 24-26, 2014

$171 per night

less 17.10 for discount code

Regular Hyatt Price $239

I consider this a success though my hubby might not think so. He wanted a cheaper hotel but I couldn't find one I really liked. Guess he should have booked it himself. :D

I sure learned a lot about how to do work the Priceline system, but going to Ft Lauderdale during peak season and wanting a hotel in certain areas tended to make it much more difficult for me. I lived around Ft. Lauderdale for years so I know certain areas I wanted to avoid, also made it difficult.

Priceline

Fort Lauderdale

1 night December 6-7th

Beach Zone

$94

Westin Beach Front Resort

Must be the going rate right now. I just got the Fort Lauderdale Westin Beachfront Resort for $92 for December 14 on Priceline. It's listed at $259 for that night on the Westin site.

Paul

Ferrygirl, no you can't be assured of bed configuration on Priceline. We called after winning a room in Seattle and were advised to call ahead a few weeks before arrival, make the request and hope for the best.

If I wanted a FLL area hotel not too far from the port, with a nice pool and MUST BE VERY CLEAN for a 2 night pre cruise stay in December with three kids, what does everyone recommend and how do I bid on this on Priceline.

New to this bidding thing, but would like to give it a try.

Thanks in advance.